Phoebe Court @swfeebs #2 Want a lecture? You're in the right place, brace yourself for a boob in the face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else secretly hoping the new baby is a terrible sleeper just to wipe that smug look off her gob 😂
Vesper has never slept though! She’s always been pretty vocal about it. Think they co-slept for ages and then they had the early rises for months and now she’s waking a few times a night.

I’ve had ALL THIS in spades with my eldest too, so I know it’s hell on Earth, but I don’t act like I’m the perfect parent and fart arse around with wanky play baskets - I stick my kid in front of the iPad when I’m tired, like a normal person, so 🤷‍♀️

I think she can expect a big toilet regression with vesper when the new baby arrives. Her whole attitude to potty training was bizarre, she’d shown no signs of readiness she just ‘had it in the diary so that’s when we’re doing it’ mmm right ok love 🤔

Reactions: 7
Did I read right, that she’s always worked in her parents signage company aswell as SW? She kept that quiet

Reactions: 2
Yes I remember her working there. I think she used to sell t-shirts around that time too? If you search on insta for swfeebstees the page is still there but not updated since 2016.

Reactions: 2
I think it's funny that she said no she wouldn't have a free birth on one of her questions.
So basically she wants to ignore all medical advice as if they're not there, like a free birth, until she needs help because she's gone against what they said in the first place.

Reactions: 1
Well she won’t have a leg to stand on in terms of medical negligence because she has filled the PUBLIC DOMAIN with tit like “ignore the doctors” “do what you want” “you know your body”

I think it's funny that she said no she wouldn't have a free birth on one of her questions.
So basically she wants to ignore all medical advice as if they're not there, like a free birth, until she needs help because she's gone against what they said in the first place.
That’s how it should be though. Kind of. I don’t agree with denying and ignoring all medical help, but, and it’s a big but.. hospitals tend to treat people like numbers no matter what you’re in for.

a hospital should only be there (in pregnancy) in an emergency if something goes wrong, performing procedures ‘just incase’ not only costs the nhs more but can lead to many complications for patients. Like an early induction (with no medial necessity) just incase.

The movement she is ‘preaching’ and I agree she is, Is about is more about trying to gain a little control over your own body back, yes doctors and midwives have trained for years but that doesn’t not mean us ‘uneducated’ people don’t know what’s best for our body. Or that we should shut up and sit down because the Clever gentleman doctor knows better!

Like being induced at 40 weeks (when term is 42) just because it’s more convenient for the hospital, interventions like that lead to more interventions since baby was not ready, got distressed (especially since the hormone they use to induce is clinically proven to distress baby) so then you’re talking forceps, episiotomys and emergency c sections.

I agree wholeheartedly she is very preachy and her message is getting lost but that doesn’t mean us as humans don’t have a right to question what the doctor is telling us what to do. Doctors can and do get it wrong, medication can cause more damage than good sometimes and it’s our every right to question if it’s suitable for us 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She has no medical qualifications and that’s what’s dangerous. She has nothing other than her own carefully quoted research.

There isn’t a one size fits all approach to pregnancy and childbirth and we should be able to make our own informed decisions of which most of us are capable but what about vulnerable or impressionable women who look up to these people and think because they’ve said it it must be ok to do so?

Reactions: 4
She has no medical qualifications and that’s what’s dangerous. She has nothing other than her own carefully quoted research.

There isn’t a one size fits all approach to pregnancy and childbirth and we should be able to make our own informed decisions of which most of us are capable but what about vulnerable or impressionable women who look up to these people and think because they’ve said it it must be ok to do so?
Yes I agree that’s the dangerous part. In all the books that she has shown on her stories tells you to do your own research and then decide on what’s best for you, just like any Dula would do. Not just decide to do something because it’s ‘trendy’ or because someone else is doing it.
I have to admit she has helped me a lot with her stories as it’s triggered me to do my own research and decide what’s best for me.
Women in pregnancy are definitely more impressionable as they’re full of hormones and emotions so are more likely to go along with what ever doctors tell them to do! So in some ways she is helping but she needs to change the way is doing it!

That’s how it should be though. Kind of. I don’t agree with denying and ignoring all medical help, but, and it’s a big but.. hospitals tend to treat people like numbers no matter what you’re in for.

a hospital should only be there (in pregnancy) in an emergency if something goes wrong, performing procedures ‘just incase’ not only costs the nhs more but can lead to many complications for patients. Like an early induction (with no medial necessity) just incase.

The movement she is ‘preaching’ and I agree she is, Is about is more about trying to gain a little control over your own body back, yes doctors and midwives have trained for years but that doesn’t not mean us ‘uneducated’ people don’t know what’s best for our body. Or that we should shut up and sit down because the Clever gentleman doctor knows better!

Like being induced at 40 weeks (when term is 42) just because it’s more convenient for the hospital, interventions like that lead to more interventions since baby was not ready, got distressed (especially since the hormone they use to induce is clinically proven to distress baby) so then you’re talking forceps, episiotomys and emergency c sections.

I agree wholeheartedly she is very preachy and her message is getting lost but that doesn’t mean us as humans don’t have a right to question what the doctor is telling us what to do. Doctors can and do get it wrong, medication can cause more damage than good sometimes and it’s our every right to question if it’s suitable for us 🤷🏻‍♀️
I totally get that. I was more referring to the things Feebs has said though and the fact that what she is saying can be very dangerous.
She doesn't listen to the advice given to her and encourages others to do the same.
The advice midwives ect give are based on years of research and experience.

I totally get that. I was more referring to the things Feebs has said though and the fact that what she is saying can be very dangerous.
She doesn't listen to the advice given to her and encourages others to do the same.
The advice midwives ect give are based on years of research and experience.
See this is what I hate about Instagram, she hasn’t specifically said she is ignoring doctors advice, for all we know she IS following doctors orders. she hasn’t given us as example of when she hasn’t followed drama advice, if she had we would know about it, she loves to over share!
She is just saying we have the choice not to and as humans we have rights that state no one can force us to do what we don’t want to do

We are just seeing what she wants us to see.

Like when everyone jumped down her throat for not telling vesper about the baby, she didn’t say she wasn’t going to, just that she hadn’t yet. And yet everyone went crazy calling her selfish and stupid when toddlers have no concept of months 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I can tell you hospitals don't induce at 40 weeks because it suits them. Women are induced with a medical need or at 40+11 at my trust because of research. We don't have enough staff, time or beds to induce women willy nilly.
We've had 2 very tragic events at my hospital over the last month because of women going against medical advice, events that would have been avoided had they listened to people who want to ensure a healthy outcome for mom and baby.

Rant over, it's just women like this are potentially dangerous.

Reactions: 12
I can tell you hospitals don't induce at 40 weeks because it suits them. Women are induced with a medical need or at 40+11 at my trust because of research. We don't have enough staff, time or beds to induce women willy nilly.
We've had 2 very tragic events at my hospital over the last month because of women going against medical advice, events that would have been avoided had they listened to people who want to ensure a healthy outcome for mom and baby.

I’m currently pregnant and my consultant has put me down for an induction at 40 weeks ‘just incase’ anything bad happens. My trusts policy is 41 weeks even though term is 42

I dont think hospitals do it willy nilly but at the same time I do think they do it because it suits them. Both my first 2 were induced - one for being overdue and one for having OC. Both ended up as sections. However, both medically required an induction.
My third I refused a planned section - research actually goes against hospital policy, although they demanded I book in a section for 41 weeks. No medical need for one other than the fact that I'd never been in labour naturally.

My hospital induction is 40+11 as well 🤷🏻‍♀️ They only thing they offer before that is a sweep after 40 weeks if wanted

Saw the review for the mums weekend lodge ... ‘£1400’ for a stay .... tell us again about your debt!

Reactions: 11
I completely agree. You can’t deny Vesper has a lovely life, is thriving and is very well taken care of ( cough huge sized food portions cough) , but she is undoubtedly going to become a right diva when she can’t stroke mummy’s ginger boobies when she’s boobin number 2. I think on these latest series of Q and A she comes across as soooo smug and know it all! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 I feel tight saying this but I’m looking forwards to seeing how she manages with the two of them being the earth mother she is. Il give her this she is doing well keeping her weight down il give her that- nearly 5 stone on having V Couldn’t afford that again and she knows it! Xxxxx
Mummy’s ginger boobies.
bleeping crying 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She's telling people with their hospital bags that you don't need all that stuff... maybe not everything on her list but she seems to be forgetting that a lot of people aren't in and out like she was.
She said she doesn't know why she thought she needed that many sleepsuits or whatever, I went through 6 when I stayed overnight 🤷🏻‍♀️ I always think it's better to be prepared.

I did message her that in response to her video, read straight away and ignored. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.