Phoebe Court #3 Woe is me, I’m so poor, but have an aga, playground and 2nd floor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah that’s what I meant, if Feebs is trying to “save money” why not just give H the chair and sit V on a normal chair! She’s so full of tit that she’s poor 😂

Reactions: 5
She's just one big contradiction. I bet the questions she got were not even horrible, probably just a little too real for her liking.. She only likes to talk about made up budgets that she can go over when she fancies. In no way is she an independent woman as she likes to think, she wouldn't have that house if it wasn't for jimbo jet paying the mortgage, even if she did put a wedge down,the bills still need paying. I bet her father bails her out all the time and pays for a lot, or the mother in law...She's never had to slog on a 9-5 to make sure her kids eat. And that's all fine! If they have all this help, good for them. Just don't act like a financial survival guru. I think it was Jim's idea that they're not paying for nursery when she's a stay at home mum who used to work about 4 hours a week. He seems like he'd be quite old fashioned in that way. If she was that desperate to be in control of her own money she'd go out and get a proper job and pay for nursery herself. But luckily for Mick, she can choose to stay at home because her money makes no difference at all to their lifestyle. It would be quite different if it did.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The issue is with her is she cant go down the whole smug mummy account who has abit of money because she boring and has zero content thats of interest .. so instead has made a Monzo account pretending to be on a budget,having to shop at Lidl and doing carboots to bring money in meanwhile the kids are kitted out in joules whilst sitting in Thier stokee highchairs 👍 it's emabrassing really what people do for abit of content on the gram eh 🙄

Reactions: 10
The issue is with her is she cant go down the whole smug mummy account who has abit of money because she boring and has zero content thats of interest .. so instead has made a Monzo account pretending to be on a budget,having to shop at Lidl and doing carboots to bring money in meanwhile the kids are kitted out in joules whilst sitting in Thier stokee highchairs 👍 it's emabrassing really what people do for abit of content on the gram eh 🙄
I went down a bit of a rabbit hole looking at her posts and posts she was tagged in and you've just reminded me of a post I saw. Her SIL tagged her in a photo a couple of years ago as the "joolz" crew ... obvs meant to be a joke but the joke is on them because that's exactly what they ARE 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hang on- how much for a high chair? duck sake. Seriously?! I have the basic Ikea one, cost me £13 and it’s bloody brilliant. Like my eldest, when my toddler is able to sit on a dining chair, she bloody well will. And you know what, they enjoy sitting on grown up chairs like ‘mummy and daddy’.

I bought a little wooden table with 2 chairs from B&M for about £25 and at the moment that serves as a play table, eating table and everything in-between. I got rid of the highchair months ago. I will get a booster chair for the dining table, but it will be around £10 for sure 🤣

Reactions: 7
Same here... IKEA highchair and moved to a big chair at 2 years old. Glad to be rid of the highchair by then so we just sit around the table on normal chairs now so I haven't got a stray chair somewhere all the time 😂

I think yeah she has a bit of debt and was able to engage loads and help in some ways which is great. However she now wants to hold on to that and make it her thing.. all while spending a fortune on food, various items and living in her little palace with grounds. It don’t work like that sugar tits 🙄

I get the impression that, at the moment, she is caught between two audiences. She really wants to be in the Boden/Emma Bridgwater/Joules/National Trust brigade but knows that her following has been built up on the back of SW who don’t relate to that lifestyle. She uses the debt to try to stay relatable but I suspect she will gradually transition to a more generic middle class mummy account.

Reactions: 10
I do think her buying a second Tripp trapp is mad when Vesper could definitely move over but I don't necessarily have an argument with her having one in the first place. They are lovely solid chairs that last very well and you can sit up to the table in them and IMO look much nicer than a Ikea one (though I admit they're Fab) I think if you can afford it why not. But the issue is her pleading poverty at the same time.
Also she definitely could have reused the highchair insert even though the colours wouldn't match, that's a crazy waste!

I do think her buying a second Tripp trapp is mad when Vesper could definitely move over but I don't necessarily have an argument with her having one in the first place. They are lovely solid chairs that last very well and you can sit up to the table in them and IMO look much nicer than a Ikea one (though I admit they're Fab) I think if you can afford it why not. But the issue is her pleading poverty at the same time.
Also she definitely could have reused the highchair insert even though the colours wouldn't match, that's a crazy waste!
I totally agree. I have tripp trapps because they are space saving and look nicer than a normal high chair. However I had savings for buying these things from before we even tried to get pregnant. I dont spend beyond my means and put things on credit. These chairs are luxuries like the next to me co sleeping cribs rather than a moses basket. And the wooden play gym rather than a fabric one... what you dont do it plead poverty when you can clearly afford these branded things. You cant put your children in branded clothes (adidas tracksuits, joules, boden) and buy the best of everything and then plead poverty or lecture about living beyond your means by putting things on credit. You are either a. Not poor and have a healthy savings account, or a disposable income or b. You are putting things on credit and not buying what you can afford.

Reactions: 11
Of course she is going to have 2 children in water babies at the same time. So what's that £100 a month? Unless the latest post to try and grab a freebie

• Wow
She can afford to have them both at water babies when she gets the freebies/discounts she’s begging for by tagging them in all the stories

My 2 both had water babies lessons - 300 quid a term 👀👀 with the sibling 10% discount. But I dont preach about budgeting and being skint etc

Reactions: 2
Wow how many times do you have to tag the swimming school to try and get free lessons. 🤣😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm just annoyed her lessons have started up and my daughter's hasn't 😔

Tbf waterbabies, it is fantastic (in my experience) and worth every penny. If we had another child whilst my daughter is still attending they both would go. Whilst on maternity we cut back to afford it and I'd do that all over again as it's a life skill 💕 not that Feebs will have to 🤣

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.