Phillip Schofield #7 Drew back the curtain, to see for certain, that the injunction was still in place

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another newbie here from DS. When this first came out my immediate thought was he is being forced to come out ahead of some story - nothing else made sense. I'd heard years ago about his liaisons with men but thought nothing if it, he or his life didn't interest me in the slightest.

I also thought that he had been given very bad advice in coming out in such a way, now even more convinced when his contradictions were picked up on and with all the revelations unfolding. I've spent this week reading all the threads on here getting more and more convinced something unsavoury might be afoot. But with this continued silence and lack of support given to him (shutting down the rumours would be so easy) the rumours circulating, it has got me wondering whether ITV have played a blinder and set him up for a fall. With all the negative press about him in the last 12 months and him being a big TV personality what a way to orchestrate his downfall without anyone suspecting ITV of being responsible. Get him to make a big announcement, public turns against him when they realise they have been deceived and what choice does Phil have but to withdraw with ITV looking squeaky clean. That said, I do believe it's likely he had a relationship with MM but when all is said and done, it most probably was between two consenting adults. Maybe that meant ITV would have to pay big money to get rid of Phil but this way they are managing him out without having to pay him off - the stress and strain of having his hand forced and the rumours unfolding and not being addressed must be huge so who the hell is advising him it's a good idea to stay silent. So surely at some stage he is going to see for himself that there's no alternative but to move on.
The ITV set up theory occurred to me too,to avoid a huge payout when they get rid.
Not sure anyone at ITV is actually clever enough to come up with it though !

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Another newbie here from DS. When this first came out my immediate thought was he is being forced to come out ahead of some story - nothing else made sense. I'd heard years ago about his liaisons with men but thought nothing if it, he or his life didn't interest me in the slightest.

I also thought that he had been given very bad advice in coming out in such a way, now even more convinced when his contradictions were picked up on and with all the revelations unfolding. I've spent this week reading all the threads on here getting more and more convinced something unsavoury might be afoot. But with this continued silence and lack of support given to him (shutting down the rumours would be so easy) the rumours circulating, it has got me wondering whether ITV have played a blinder and set him up for a fall. With all the negative press about him in the last 12 months and him being a big TV personality what a way to orchestrate his downfall without anyone suspecting ITV of being responsible. Get him to make a big announcement, public turns against him when they realise they have been deceived and what choice does Phil have but to withdraw with ITV looking squeaky clean. That said, I do believe it's likely he had a relationship with MM but when all is said and done, it most probably was between two consenting adults. Maybe that meant ITV would have to pay big money to get rid of Phil but this way they are managing him out without having to pay him off - the stress and strain of having his hand forced and the rumours unfolding and not being addressed must be huge so who the hell is advising him it's a good idea to stay silent. So surely at some stage he is going to see for himself that there's no alternative but to move on.
Two consenting adults isn’t fair. Just because you’re a couple of years over the legal age, doesn’t mean an older richer married celebrity in a senior position to you in all ways should take advantage of you. Not strictly illegal but FFS

• Heart
Reactions: 13
images.jpg

"I got ya @schofe #perksofthejob #1sthelicopterride"

Found this on google images, it came from MM's Instagram

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
People on here so clever with their theories whereas I struggle to get the murderer in Lewis or Morse. Saying that there is so much info on here that people have gathered I’m pretty sure somebody is working on it and hopefully we’ll get to the truth.

i wonder if Phillip will now appear on Sunday, he must have a thick skin with all these allegations flying around.

Reactions: 7
The ITV set up theory occurred to me too,to avoid a huge payout when they get rid.
Not sure anyone at ITV is actually clever enough to come up with it though !
The only slight counter comment I have on that is that PS has more than implied how people at TM knew of his “true” self..how it was his safe space so that will mean more than just Holly. If numerous other ITV personnel were aware of his double life then it could make it harder for them. Ok, if all they knew was that he was gay then yes,they will have room to maneovre to get shot of him but....presumably it wouldn’t be so easy if they previously knew of the seedier allegations linked to younger employees like MM and possibly others ....they would be as guilty as him - by association, by enabling him to take advantage of his power in the workplace

Reactions: 4
Something else I thought about which annoys me about all this....when Fearne Britton lost all her weight there was all that hoo ha because she didn’t “come out” 😀 and admit about the bypass gastric band thingy she had fitted. In truth she didn’t lie, just didn’t explain and instead chose to refer to healthy eating and lots of bike rides!....but the fall out from that was that she ended up losing her job. There was lots of talk about pay gaps too etc but I remember at the time she got tons of flack in the press about the so called ‘deception‘ to the viewers so it definitely contributed to her leaving.....what a difference a decade makes....ITV clearly have a higher tolerance level these days

Reactions: 33
Something else I thought about which annoys me about all this....when Fearne Britton lost all her weight there was all that hoo ha because she didn’t “come out” 😀 and admit about the bypass gastric band thingy she had fitted. in truth she didn’t lie, just didn’t explain and instead chose to refer to healthy eating and lots of bike rides!....but the fall out from that was that she ended up losing her job. There was lots of talk about pay gaps too etc but I remember at the time she got tons of flack in the press about the so called ‘deception‘ to the viewers so it definitely contributed to her leaving.....what a difference a decade makes....ITV clearly have a higher tolerance level these days
Good old patriarchy alive and kicking.

Reactions: 25
Something else I thought about which annoys me about all this....when Fearne Britton lost all her weight there was all that hoo ha because she didn’t “come out” 😀 and admit about the bypass gastric band thingy she had fitted. in truth she didn’t lie, just didn’t explain and instead chose to refer to healthy eating and lots of bike rides!....but the fall out from that was that she ended up losing her job. There was lots of talk about pay gaps too etc but I remember at the time she got tons of flack in the press about the so called ‘deception‘ to the viewers so it definitely contributed to her leaving.....what a difference a decade makes....ITV clearly have a higher tolerance level these days
Annie you’ve been great on here and by the way I’m a Liverpool fan myself so up the reds!

i don’t agree with that theory about ITV wanting to get shot of PS but pretty sure there will be further developments and the guilt by association if the allegations are proved true could mean lots of careers are irreputably damaged.

Reactions: 5
Something else I thought about which annoys me about all this....when Fearne Britton lost all her weight there was all that hoo ha because she didn’t “come out” 😀 and admit about the bypass gastric band thingy she had fitted. In truth she didn’t lie, just didn’t explain and instead chose to refer to healthy eating and lots of bike rides!....but the fall out from that was that she ended up losing her job. There was lots of talk about pay gaps too etc but I remember at the time she got tons of flack in the press about the so called ‘deception‘ to the viewers so it definitely contributed to her leaving.....what a difference a decade makes....ITV clearly have a higher tolerance level these days
I said the same too. And PS was like a sanctimonious pratt wanting to distance himself from her. l

Reactions: 8
Annie you’ve been great on here and by the way I’m a Liverpool fan myself so up the reds!

i don’t agree with that theory about ITV wanting to get shot of PS but pretty sure there will be further developments and the guilt by association if the allegations are proved true could mean lots of careers are irreputably damaged.
Thank you my fellow red (I promise not to sway off topic other than to say that I’ve followed them since 1978 and have lots of old scrap books to prove it lol .Cannot believe how fantastic everything is at the club right now and that the wait is almost over YNWA 🏆)

Reactions: 7
I said the same too. And PS was like a sanctimonious pratt wanting to distance himself from her. l
That was all so vile. Particularly when you think of the scrutiny women on TV cone under for their appearance. I really liked Fern. I think she's been treated very badly.

Reactions: 19
That was all so vile. Particularly when you think of the scrutiny women on TV cone under for their appearance. I really liked Fern. I think she's been treated very badly.
Totally agree....blimey all she wanted to do was lose weight ,and let’s be honest it wasn’t a vanity project, she would have had physical health concerns at the time due to her size....she should have been celebrated for it not forced out.
i always thought at the time that PS wasn’t keen on her suddenly looking great and having more attention and energy etc...her losing so much weight would have changed the dynamics on that tv show a lot

just recalled..that was back in the days of Mr and Mrs .....he’ll have to rebrand that show now 😀

Reactions: 14
Thank you my fellow red (I promise not to sway off topic other than to say that I’ve followed them since 1978 and have lots of old scrap books to prove it lol .Cannot believe how fantastic everything is at the club right now and that the wait is almost over YNWA 🏆)
Hi yer! I’ve supported them since I was 11 Rushie was my fav, it’s an amazing time to be a Red and as You say, not long to wait, Up the Reds!

back on topic I have a feeling it will be slow on here today but that doesn’t mean it should stop people investigating, this is only the start.

cheers

• Heart

But they must have some kind of deniability strategy in place. No way they are going to let him take them all down with him. Probably happy to sacrifice a few of the other players though.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree....blimey all she wanted to do was lose weight ,and let’s be honest it wasn’t a vanity project, she would have had physical health concerns at the time due to her size....she should have been celebrated for it not forced out.
i always thought at the time that PS wasn’t keen on her suddenly looking great and having more attention and energy etc...her losing so much weight would have changed the dynamics on that tv show a lot

just recalled..that was back in the days of Mr and Mrs .....he’ll have to rebrand that show now 😀
Does anybody know why Fern left? It’s obvious she is no longer in contact with PS. Does she know anything about the allegations?

re the weight loss I prefer if people are honest how they lose weight ie all these ‘celebs’ losing a stone in a week only to find them doing drugs etc, those money making useless videos. However I bracket a Fern with a Judy she was genuinely empathetic not just going through the motions like HW.

i think you’re right as P is a narcissist he didn’t want any competition

Mr and Mrs was dated even in its day, prizes amongst other things a selection of men’s ties and a carriage clock! Please, don’t bring it back!

Hey I’m new to this, not sure if you’ve seen this tweet but Matthew is probably Bisexual not Gay. He was seeing women from tinder and going on dates, and inviting girls over to his hotel where he was staying with Phillip?
This is a big part of the issue...no-one even knows MM’s preferences for certain (and I feel bad for him as, if we are all being honest, it really isn’t any of our business and must be awful for him if he is seeing his life picked apart like this)
But his social media does point to being interested in women (he even has an ‘interested in - women’ section filled out on one site)...but of course that part keeps getting left out of the ‘investigation’ because it doesn’t quite fit the narrative does it? 🤔

Read the other day he does a wine review column for the Waitrose mag. The extensive collection will be because he'll be given a couple of crates of each and be paid while he's at it. What's that in the bible . . " To those that hath shall be given ". . You're not bloody kidding mate.
off topic so will be deleted but I was so upset when Waitrose dropped their standards and made him their wine expert (and replaced Delia with the great cook Pippa Middleton) 🙄. I never read his section in the mags or papers, just seeming his pompous smile winds me up

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.