Phillip Schofield #48 This Morning as toxic as an aubergine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t seen any since she first met him. Watched her doing make up on TV a couple of times too and her hand had the shakes, I know that happens on close ups but I do suspect an alcohol issue.

His accident was obviously a turning point for him, maybe he had to leave her because she didn’t believe she had a problem? Who knows, but I don’t buy the end of their marriage was solely HIS fault.

In any case, I hope she’s truly happy now, she was broken. 😢
I agree with you, actually.
I don’t like the way YMU went after her - I don’t like anything YMU do; it seems they’re horrendously toxic.
And I don’t really like Ant or Dec, if I’m honest.
But I did always get the sense that he needed to get away to stay sober/clean.
But I also feel like he and Dec have married their handlers.
Anyway I’ve gone off topic again. Sorry!
---
Didn't Peter Powell claim Anthea cheated when in fact it was the other way round? He is gay and had an affair with another DJ, another of Anthea 's exes, Bruno Brooks? Might have read that here
Really? Wow, I’ve not heard that before!!
I saw him once in a pub. He had about 4 or 5 blonde women with him - all about a foot taller than him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I know we have rehashed this a thousand times but I have just re-read the statement Philth gave to the court as reported on the BBC website https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-65114533 and I still can’t get my head around the fact that Philth knew what Tim was doing was illegal and just told his brother “it should never happen again”. I think I remember it being reported that Philth didn’t know the teen was under age, but in that case, why would he be so outraged? He either did know the guy was a minor or he told him it was wrong for other reasons, ie if it was his nephew. It still makes no sense that Philth was praised for his statement instead of being investigated for withholding information / perverting the course of justice.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I know Holly isn't well-liked on here, but I think it's magnificent she gave YMU a big "duck you" and started her own talent company / pocketed some money (though I wonder if Holly's collective will have to join in on YMU's "close ranks" style of management to be competitive? When in Rome, do as the Romans do?).

You might be right that YMU are on the offensive, they have put Holly in the firing line before.

Could well be Richard & Judy's opinion filtered through the mouth of their son-in-law. Though, we have no way of knowing. Thinking about it, I'm surprised Madeley hasn't said anything as he does have a tendency to over-speak and put his foot in it (as Judy knows only too well, think of the amount of times she rolled her eyes at him on screen!).
I agree. Holly is lucky that her husband is one of the biggest producers on TV so work will always readily be available to her. I remember when Anthea Turner was the highest paid woman on television and was on everything, and then the press turned on her when she left Peter Powell for his mate and ripped her to shreds. She ended up in the wilderness for a long long time. Surprise surprise Peter Powell founded and owned YMU or James Grant as it was then known. They’ve been doing this kind of thing for years.

Reactions: 38

Another post today. I forgot he use to present with Ruth. Interesting comments.

This was another video on the background of the theatre company.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Absolutely nothing might have happened with Cameron, but from his tweets it seems that Philth had created a culture where those at the bottom of the rung felt they had some connection with those at the top.

Which seems quite at odds with what Eamonn has said about Philth and Holly not knowing who any of the other crew were at This Morning.
Are you for real? I wonder what it was about a fresh faced and young Cameron that got access to the top for him? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Regarding Philth's time at the BBC I'm surprised the name Paul Smith hasn't surfaced on these threads. He was one-time producer of the Broom Cupboard and also the hand up Gordon The Gopher.....
Oh he has, I try to bring his name up on every thread, haven't you read them all yet, I tease 😂

Smithy was also the BBC lead on their child protection policy.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Oh he has, I try to bring his name up on every thread, haven't you read them all yet, I tease 😂

Smithy was also the BBC lead on their child protection policy.
Also this guy was PS's producer in NZ. He came to the UK for 2 years during the mid 80's.....

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.