Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SkippyDoo

Chatty Member
Captain Tom's daughter liking Tweets defending PS...

View attachment 2213503
Awful woman. Also I see Piers’ tweet: “lost everything.”

That’s what you say about a person who has suffered a tragedy not of their own making, not a multimillionaire who had to resign from a very-well paid job after lying to his bosses and colleagues for years.

PS still has his massive house, the money in the bank and all the rest. What he’s lost is a job he no doubt committed gross misconduct in, and a reputation that was clearly false, and both by his own behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

LadyMuck

VIP Member
All these 'celebrities ' defending PS saying stop it, go easy etc, are really having a go at Dan Wootton and Eamonn and gb news. Dan will rightly be furious. He knows the whole truth. I'm wondering and hoping that this weekend he is meeting his lawyers as he's desperate to get the truth out, and will want to know how far, legally, he can go

Reactions: 69

hardworkinggardener

I really do fear the tide is turning and the media are fully going to go in favour of him and he'll be back at this morning with a pay rise and his behaviour and attitude will be worse than ever.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 67

maharini

My bro was a very pretty teenager and a very good sportsman. My mum always tells of 4 older men who, separately, through his various sports, offered to take him, at their expense, to see tournaments far from home. They were all in their fifties, with families. He was 13, 14, 15. My dad told them to Foxtrot Oscar in no uncertain terms, and made sure their wives knew, subtly, about the invitations. Before social media, in the 80s. Before mobile phones. These perverts walk among us, and always have. Just sayin’.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 65

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
I just briefly explained the PS-MM history to my 15 year old. All I said was that they first met when MM was 15, then he ‘somehow’ started working at ITV and then PS started sleeping with him.

I said PS says there was no grooming and it was all a consensual, adult relationship, and he’s very sorry now it’s public knowledge.

My son’s reaction?
“Yeah I bet he is now it’s public knowledge and he’s lost his job. No one’s buying it, are they?”

(My 15 year old does not identify as straight, btw, so there’s no homophobia in my house)

• Heart
Reactions: 63

XNosey-parkerX

I have spent the last 30 minutes explaining to my 70 year old inlaws "what the fuss is all about".

They are now very clear on said "fuss".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

ReadySteadyGrift

Chatty Member
I just asked my 14yo son what he would think if a much older man, who was famous and married, a respectable household name messaged him on Social media.

He just replied 'ped0'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

darren.lit

In the BBC interview he says goes on about the This Morning make up room being a sanctuary and he says Holly knows all my secrets and I know all Holly’s secrets. That was definitely a warning to her and ITV.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
My 16 year old (who I suspect is not straight but yet to define) came running to my room this morning to say how angry he was that Schofield was hiding behind the suicide of Caroline Flack. Oh I raised my boy good!
Ah a proud parenting moment!

Mine hasn’t actually told me, but I *know*. He’s been working it out in his own mind for a long time and there’s been little things I’ve picked up on. Christmas before last (when he was 13 and 3 months) I bought this and put it in his Christmas stocking.
I saw his phone later that day (he’d left his messages open) and he’d sent one to his friend with a photo of it just saying ‘Look! How did she know?! 😍
It’s a bit of a minefield, parenting in this world, but we do our best ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 58

ReginaPhalange4

VIP Member
I agree. He mentioned Caroline simply because he knew playing that card would force a media back step. Vile, cowardly little man.

Something else is there. I feel these diana style interviews have been granted to bury/delay something else, as has been the case previously. Genuinely frightend that whatever it is, it's bad and it may not surface until he's deceased.

Anyone who cannot see any wrong in what's happened has lived a sheltered life. The man needs to be on the register at the very least.

I really do fear the tide is turning and the media are fully going to go in favour of him and he'll be back at this morning with a pay rise and his behaviour and attitude will be worse than ever.

Reactions: 58

Eureka

VIP Member
I’m gay and I think there’s been a homophobic element to all this. I mean, just earlier today a tattler suggested a thread title for PS containing a slur (it starts with F - I’m sure you can work it out).

To make a suggestion like that, it shows to me at least that the person thinks homophobia is fine to direct at PS and also they were confident that they’d get support for such a suggestion here, rather than challenge.
That’s one person who was rightfully called out on it by many posters. That’s not representative of the feelings of people as a whole. The guy groomed a teenager. The gender of said teenager is irrelevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Another thing, it's only been a week! Phil's defenders are acting as though the backlash has been going on for ages and stopping him from moving on. We're still reacting. It's a completely normal timeframe and reaction to this kind of news. We're being gaslit.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Multi-21

VIP Member
Why haven’t the media noticed that when Amol asked if MM signed an NDA Phil replied “I didn’t ask him to sign an NDA” that wasn’t the question and leaves it open to the fact that someone did ask him to and he has had to. ITV, Phil’s lawyers. He just ruled himself out personally

Reactions: 55