Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monsterinlaw

Just watched MM's showreels and as well as being a good actor, he certainly has the makings of a great presenter. ITV could and should have protected him, he has talent and would have been a much-needed fresh face for their tired old TV station. ITV is as dull as stale white bread.

As regards

I find it hard to believe it's purely "privacy". It's definitely because of the shady legality.

Holly, if you're reading - just think, if you quit your public life, you can go to a hairdresser again and ditch that awful yellow hair!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

AllieBee

VIP Member
It’s not helping the cause having people like Kerry Katona and Jodie Marsh on 🙈🙈
But is that not exactly the problem with ITV? They bring on guests that they consider to be of low class and proceed to humiliate and belittle them for the nations 'entertainment'? Think Jeremy Kyle, the rubbish singers they put on X Factor for us to laugh at, rubbish talent in BGT, TM guests etc etc. These are real people with real feelings and ITV need to be listening to people like Kerry and Jodies experiences. I completely disagree with your comment, probably you didn't mean it to sound like that, but it does sound a bit snobbish

• Heart

Doc

VIP Member
As in for people to take this whole thing seriously , there’s a lot of people that don’t know the full story or don’t believe it and if all they hear is that the people calling him out are KK and Jodie Marsh it wont have the right impact
No. It’s classism.

Some of the biggest abusers are “respectable” and that’s how they get away with it. In order to change people’s attitudes you need to let those affected speak, regardless of how glossy or eloquent they are or aren’t.

• Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
The papers KNOW MM was groomed which is exactly why they can’t show his face!

I wonder how Philth is feeling this week? Embarrassed and very worried for the future I hope.
I don’t think he’s capable of feeling embarrassed. I think he will be in narcissistic rage mode. I bet he’s dying to say something.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

HollyGolightly

VIP Member
Kinda making it all about him…
This has been taken out of context. I watched Morning Live yesterday, it was a special programme about mental health. They had the 2 doctors on talking about their own MH problems. Dr Ranj was talking about the issues he had as a child.
It was Gethin Jones who said to Ranj he'd had a tough week, but we won't go into specifics... Dr Ranj just agreed and replied yeah, then went on discuss coping mechanisms. He wasn't making it about himself at all.

I think we should take these sort of headlines with a pinch of salt, we know how the media twist things.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

My husband has always said there's something untrustworthy about Holly...however, I am a bit on the fence about her in these circumstances. I believe she too was a victim of his coercive control, in the beginning at least. She probably felt like she owed him a lot given that he gave her his seal of approval to work on This Morning as Fern's replacement alongside him. Before that she's was just a kids presenter. Notice how Phil surrounds himself with weaker women, Rochelle, Josie etc... Amanda Holden and Ruth didn't stand a chance.

Part of Holly probably felt conflicted if she knew about the runner, which in all likeliness she did - if she blew any whistles perhaps there was a fear Phil was untouchable and she feared for her job. She would have also been outing him as gay as at that time he was still playing happy families with the wife and daughters. There's also an argument that the kid was still technically of age... ambiguous I know!

It maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't think Holly is to blame but I think she needs to better clarify her knowledge and position in order to not get dragged down with the sinking ship.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59

Squittel

VIP Member
I’ve only just started following but don’t understand why this has blown up so much. Was the younger man underage when he started relations with Phil? Did he get promotions through Phil? How is this different from any other affair?
- Position of control
- Has known him since he was at the oldest, 15
- “coercive control” has been mentioned
- Came out as gay when possibly should have come out as a nonce

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Lets be honest he’s probably spent the last week or so in a drunken stupor, because as we all know he’s also a barely functioning alcoholic. Rarely pictured without a drink in hand.

Yel

Chatty Member
Reactions: 58

Limey

VIP Member
No. It’s classism.

Some of the biggest abusers are “respectable” and that’s how they get away with it. In order to change people’s attitudes you need to let those affected speak, regardless of how glossy or eloquent they are or aren’t.
Working class women complaining about abuse are almost always disregarded, or discredited by their abusers - Savile operated like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

moldwarp

VIP Member
If this is what happened with PS and SS maybe MM refused to do that.
I personally don’t think so, my belief is that PS wanted rid of MM because he had become a threat to Phil’s secrecy, getting wasted in public and declaring his love for PS, possibly overdoing it on the drugs, maybe pushing too hard to make the “relationship” public. Obvs PS is just using MM and doesn’t want any of that, so off you go to LW and don’t bother me again even though you’re seven shades of screwed up and having a mental breakdown. Oh Yeah, and sign this contract saying you’ll keep your mouth shut. Bye!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Yel

Chatty Member
I have doubts about Dr.Ranj, the image he shared on social media of MM as resident stud at TM is pretty damning. Dr.Ranj always has his own agenda, gay Asian man selling books and appearing on TV shows with self-promotion.

For me the most credible testimony is EH.
All these people on shows like this morning or Saturday kitchen are all about promoting themselves, their latest book and making cash imo.

The most illuminating part of Kerry's testimonial (yes I'm calling it that😆) last night was saying how Eamonn always took the time to go and introduce himself to guests and check everything is ok, meanwhile holly and Phil the first time guests see them is seconds before they go on air. Says it all over who's trustworthy.

• Heart

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
I think that was pretty powerful actually, she speaks as a viewer too, mentioning the council estate, being vulnerable, its was a goody. She earned her buck.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Wasn't Holly tottering around on kids TV in fishnet stockings and heels dressed as a french made when her hubby-to-be was a producer at ITV? That's creepy as fuck to me. Someone will have to check the timeline of that. ITV pimping-out a young woman on saturday morning TV to attract older male viewers under the guise of childrens TV. Doesn't get any fucking lower than that.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 55

aka mary

God there's s some arseholes commenting on DM articles. The one about the Jack Jones twitter vid has a comment saying MM was an ambitious 20 year old and knew PS was married so we shouldn't feel sorry for him. What do people not get about the fact that it's PS in the wrong and he's bloody groomed MM. I'm raging. I'm really struggling with the fact that so many people are not able to see what's staring them in the face.
"There is none so blind as those who will not see" and Holly Willoughby of course.

• Haha

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I won't hear a word against Su Pollard. She and I once helped a bar maid who was being abused by a really nasty piece of shit at Paddington Station, we both stood up for her and made sure she was ok. Security pitched up and everything, but Su and I were the only ones to stand up.

• Heart