Phillip Schofield #4 Will Phillip stay on itv, or will he do a runner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sad thing about this, if he had just came out in a quiet way and said, I love my wife and kids but I am gay, but the missus knows, and we are sticking together. She knows I have boyfriends and mostly we are discreet, but one has decided to out me so I am outing myself. Then paid off MM. Nobody would have thought there was anymore to it.

The way this has been handled is like Carry On Public Relations. It has shone a spotlight on PS, and all his relationships with colleagues and fans. It has done the complete opposite to what they want to achieve. It has fanned the flames and then some. Imaginations are running riot, looking for motives in every photo or tweet, when it is probably just a gay guy having extra maritals with other blokes with the mrs knowledge, meanwhile playing the part of ITV’s golden guy.

But because of the fibs told in the coming out speech, Holly saying that to be clear nobody forced you to come out, when I think we can all safely assume now that MM was about to reveal all.

if any of his people are reading this, and they probably are, epic fail.

Brand Schofield and Brand Willoughby, and ITV and This Morning are forever besmirched by this. Things might try and continue, but the time for honesty was last Friday, instead there was dramatic hoodwinking going on. No integrity left.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Hello, I've just signed up as I've been reading the threads with much glee for the last few days and thought I should stop lurking and start posting.

Anyone else got a new found respect for Ruth Langsford? I used to think she was a bit dreary but if the rumours are true and she complained against the Lord and Saviour Pippy, then she's got some balls. I wonder if she and Eamonn were instructed to hug it out with Phil on Friday?
Welcome.

I signed up this morning and feel like Ive been here years.

I dont respect Ruth for going along with this charade.

Reactions: 11
Im holding off giving her any sympathy at present.

Shes had a life of luxury, nice home, fancy holidays. She doesnt seem that bothered by it all. Theres a lot of ubstantiated rumours about her at the moment.

Its their daughters who are most likely the victims in their family.
I mean, I feel for her but she did know, come on, prob not the way she would've wanted it to happen, but she's complicit in this hellish mess 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 10
He will still be part of the ITV family definitely and sadly
If piers Morgan is, and Ant, not to mention Gemma Collins 🙄🙄
The difference is that Schofield fronts This Morning, which is full of interviews with people who are usually put on the defensive by Phil the solemn Moral Guardian. And now they all have a ready-made, all-purpose put down: 'Who are you to talk?' He just can't do that role any more. So I don't think he is safe on that show. ITV have tied themselves to him contractually, so I doubt there will be a sudden severing of ties, and they can keep him safely protected on most of his other shows, but they're a commercial operation and, if there's a negative reaction to the ongoing news about him, they won't hesitate to drop him like a stone.

Reactions: 18
Don’t worry Eamon I know your suits polyester and my tops pure merino wool. You still look fantastic and I mean that most sincerely folks.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Welcome.

I signed up this morning and feel like Ive been here years.

I dont respect Ruth for going along with this charade.
Hmmm, we don't know what the nature of the complaint was. Apparently it was brushed off as being down to Pip cutting her off mid sentence but ffs, it's live TV and presenters interrupt all the time. I can't imagine a formal complaint being lodged for that. From what I've read, she's distanced herself from him. She could have known about it and made her feelings known?

Reactions: 15
I signed up purely for the PS threads, gripped by all the scandal.

If, as it appears, he has groomed MM from ayoung age, I sincerely hope he gets his comeuppance.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Im holding off giving her any sympathy at present.

Shes had a life of luxury, nice home, fancy holidays. She doesnt seem that bothered by it all. Theres a lot of ubstantiated rumours about her at the moment.

Its their daughters who are most likely the victims in their family.
A life of luxury and fancy holidays is a lifestyle they've all become acquainted to while living as a family but that doesn't change the fact he is a lying bastard and didn't have the balls to admit his homosexuality in the first place... Or was it infact a recent decision?? These days, it seems fashionable to suddenly become gay or say they always had been but never told anyone 🙄 It's cowardly and downright selfish and pathetic to drag other people down the path of lies you choose to walk 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
The difference is that Schofield fronts This Morning, which is full of interviews with people who are usually put on the defensive by Phil the solemn Moral Guardian. And now they all have a ready-made, all-purpose put down: 'Who are you to talk?' He just can't do that role any more. So I don't think he is safe on that show. ITV have tied themselves to him contractually, so I doubt there will be a sudden severing of ties, and they can keep him safely protected on most of his other shows, but they're a commercial operation and, if there's a negative reaction to the ongoing news about him, they won't hesitate to drop him like a stone.
I don't necessarily think he'll stay on TM, but perhaps shuffled off to another part of ITV, as you say, a deal was signed,another poster looked at the ITV code of conduct and he has prob breached a few codes,

Reactions: 4
They often have Miriam Margolyes on for the craic. She is completely unfiltered, and gay herself, and marvously mischievous and rude. She would so say something. She won’t be on for a while.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I don't necessarily think he'll stay on TM, but perhaps shuffled off to another part of ITV, as you say, a deal was signed,another poster looked at the ITV code of conduct and he has prob breached a few codes,
The return of Run Around maybe or Country Kitchen, great xylophone music.

Reactions: 7
*A few posts/pages back, you mentioned OK! Magazine and any links with ITV.*

I think the editor of OK! Magazine is new. I think she moved from ITV/This Morning about 6 months ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Hmmm, we don't know what the nature of the complaint was. Apparently it was brushed off as being down to Pip cutting her off mid sentence but ffs, it's live TV and presenters interrupt all the time. I can't imagine a formal complaint being lodged for that. From what I've read, she's distanced herself from him. She could have known about it and made her feelings known?
I think the interrrupting episode was probably the final straw. There will have been plenty of tension before that even although they are on the programme on different days. Overall, I thought Eamonn looked hesitant and uncomfortable about being dragged into this.

Reactions: 11
ITV CODE OF CONDUCT PDF DOWNLOAD

Our Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct” or “Code”) is intended to demonstrate our commitment to ethical business conduct, to comply with all relevant laws and regulations and to demonstrate that such conduct is a fundamental part of our values and corporate culture.

Reactions: 3
*A few posts/pages back, you mentioned OK! Magazine and any links with ITV.*

I think the editor of OK! Magazine is new. I think she moved from ITV/This Morning about 6 months ago.
The whole set up at ITV is so incestuous. It's usually BBC that gets the flak, but his PS fiasco has shone a light on whole setup.

Reactions: 14
I keep getting thrown out of this site, like they’re giving me the run around. Is there a knack to staying in?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
ITV CODE OF CONDUCT PDF DOWNLOAD

Our Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct” or “Code”) is intended to demonstrate our commitment to ethical business conduct, to comply with all relevant laws and regulations and to demonstrate that such conduct is a fundamental part of our values and corporate culture.
Quite bland, isn't it. Not going into specific misdemeanours which means they have get out clauses for when people like SmugMug blow it bigtime.

I think the interrrupting episode was probably the final straw. There will have been plenty of tension before that even although they are on the programme on different days. Overall, I thought Eamonn looked hesitant and uncomfortable about being dragged into this.
Didn't people think she knew about MM and was taking care of him, and she had made a complaint and the interrupting thing was just a red herring
Alot of 🕵 work went on by other posters, seems she was close to him

I keep getting thrown out of this site, like they’re giving me the run around. Is there a knack to staying in?
What do you mean??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.