Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cosmo69

Chatty Member
1581431078334.png

It actually looks as if they're posing for a painting about Jesus! 'And Ruth and Eamonn were touched, and then they could again stand up and walk, and Phillip said it was good'.

• Haha
Reactions: 90

Teal99

Sad thing about this, if he had just came out in a quiet way and said, I love my wife and kids but I am gay, but the missus knows, and we are sticking together. She knows I have boyfriends and mostly we are discreet, but one has decided to out me so I am outing myself. Then paid off MM. Nobody would have thought there was anymore to it.

The way this has been handled is like Carry On Public Relations. It has shone a spotlight on PS, and all his relationships with colleagues and fans. It has done the complete opposite to what they want to achieve. It has fanned the flames and then some. Imaginations are running riot, looking for motives in every photo or tweet, when it is probably just a gay guy having extra maritals with other blokes with the mrs knowledge, meanwhile playing the part of ITV’s golden guy.

But because of the fibs told in the coming out speech, Holly saying that to be clear nobody forced you to come out, when I think we can all safely assume now that MM was about to reveal all.

if any of his people are reading this, and they probably are, epic fail.

Brand Schofield and Brand Willoughby, and ITV and This Morning are forever besmirched by this. Things might try and continue, but the time for honesty was last Friday, instead there was dramatic hoodwinking going on. No integrity left.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

Corbyn'sCat

Chatty Member
Hello, I've just signed up as I've been reading the threads with much glee for the last few days and thought I should stop lurking and start posting.

Anyone else got a new found respect for Ruth Langsford? I used to think she was a bit dreary but if the rumours are true and she complained against the Lord and Saviour Pippy, then she's got some balls. I wonder if she and Eamonn were instructed to hug it out with Phil on Friday?

• Heart
Reactions: 59

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I know for a FACT that he had a sexual affair with Rylan. I would never have blabbed before but as this is anonymous and it’s all out there... one of my best friends’ husband works closely with them, and it’s known full well in their inner circle. I was first told this about a year or so ago. As soon as he came out we were all like 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

emeldahosh

I was at the This Morning studio one day a week for a couple of years c.2016 and found the presence of MM very strange. It was clear to me, an outsider, that something was going on. All the other runners were nervous newbies, whereas he was loud, involved and connected. It was like he was the son of the boss who everyone let do whatever he wanted. He was also brought in front of the camera for little segments/cameos, which seemed odd.

Why was he a perpetual runner? Like others have said, you either sink or quickly get promoted. Was the TM studio a safe space where he could be with PS so PS wanted to keep him around? Maybe he did no real runner job?

I think ITV have a paid partnership with the Daily Mail for coverage. Are they owned by the same people? The sickening coverage of ITV daytime is too much.

The cover up here is really concerning as there is clearly a bigger story going on. His interview on TM was a choreographed show. With the recent MeToo movement regarding abuse of power this really needs to be opened up.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
My son came out to me at 16. If I learned that a senior member of staff in his fifties at his employ, had followed him on social media from the age of 15, then ended up bedding him aged 18, I’d kick up the biggest stink his bosses had ever seen. 😡

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

Teal99

They often have Miriam Margolyes on for the craic. She is completely unfiltered, and gay herself, and marvously mischievous and rude. She would so say something. She won’t be on for a while.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

OoErrMissus

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of this whole fiasco but insinuating that he might have HIV just because he's since come out as gay and looks a bit thin is a bit fucking dire.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
A life of luxury and fancy holidays is a lifestyle they've all become acquainted to while living as a family but that doesn't change the fact he is a lying bastard and didn't have the balls to admit his homosexuality in the first place... Or was it infact a recent decision?? These days, it seems fashionable to suddenly become gay or say they always had been but never told anyone 🙄 It's cowardly and downright selfish and pathetic to drag other people down the path of lies you choose to walk 🤷🏻‍♀️
Page catching, I couldn't let this go by without commenting because no-one 'suddenly becomes gay' (or bisexual), we are born with an attraction to the same sex, it is not a choice, but many struggle to accept it or are not comfortable sharing it with others until later in life, especially those who have experienced bullying and homophobia growing up.

To call being gay 'fashionable' is also hurtful, it's the same as telling people struggling with their sexuality that 'it's a phase' that they should 'get over'. These words also imply that there are 'more' gay people now than ever before when in reality the LGBT community has always been there but people in same sex relationships are just more comfortable being open/visible because society has generally become more accepting. Even in 2020 however, there are still homophobic hate crimes happening in the UK while many parts of the world it is still illegal to be in a same sex relationship and people are still killed for being gay.

That's why, as I mentioned in a previous post, LGBT visibility is so important.

The issue with PS is that the reasons he has given for coming out at this particular time just don't ring true. For example, he said he came out now because the strain of hiding his sexuality was affecting his mental health and the stress was making him lose weight. But why was he so stressed about hiding when every media source since the announcement has said it was an open secret at the show that he was gay? It would suggest that the stress was more likely caused by him thinking he was going to be exposed by a story that could cause damage to his career. He is certainly not behaving like a man who has had a weight lifted off his shoulders since coming out, he looks more haggered everyday imo.

The rushed announcement plus the interview with a sleazy tabloid that's well known to do exclusives with celebrities to suppress damaging stories, all taking place before he has even separated from his wife (nor do their appear any plans to separate soon) would strongly seem to suggest that he would have been happy to have carried on with the sham marriage/double life if his hand hadn't been forced.

This is why it feels like he has duped and manipulated the goodwill of the LGBT community and the wider public by trying to spin a narrative about 'helping other people to come out' and 'being true to yourself' etc which isn't entirely honest and seems calculated to deflect from potentially damaging allegations.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
In Divorce courts across the land:

Judge: what he do?
Spouse: Cheated on me and the kids for 27 years
Judge: You get nowt - give the man a Halo and Victoria Cross - he is VERY BRAVE
Spouse: he is an adulterous lying fecker m'lord
Judge: Do you work for ITV or have any association with them?
Spouse: No
Judge: Contempt send her/him down

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Cosmo69

Chatty Member
It's all a strange little parable about what TV can do to people. I remember Pip as a relatively unassuming jobbing presenter, happy to get work where he could, usually on the BBC. Then he got the break of co-hosting Good Morning, and again he seemed reasonably modest and grateful for his good fortune. Then ITV gave him the golden handcuffs deal, and he started changing rapidly - by becoming a ridiculously pompous company man, slagging off the BBC (who'd given him his first few breaks) and defending ITV like some kind of mad-eyed fan; acting as if he was the star of a massive TV show watched avidly by the whole nation, if not the world, rather than a mid-morning show that usually only attracted about 1m tops; then he started hosting Dancing on Ice, dressed seemingly as a sneezed-upon undertaker, and reacted furiously when people pointed out it was a rip-off of Strictly; then he started creeping around the royals in the hope of getting a gong; and it's gone on like that ever since. He became a monster. And not just on screen, either, by the sound of it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41