Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LByrne74

VIP Member
My boyfriend was laughing at me earlier on our video call. We've been discussing Philth etc and I said "I'm just waiting for Eamonn to come on" and he laughed at me calling him by just his first name as if he was my mate or something lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 47

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
If ITV did indeed pay him off then they are f k d.

Imagine if that was the BBC?
Oh of it were the BBC you’d have half of the Conservative party demanding the licence fee is revoked and demanding heads roll. It does feel a bit like ITV isn’t used to being held to account like this. The BBC also reports on stuff that happens within the corporation. ITV News, GMB, TM etc is acting like the biggest news story in the country currently isn’t happening by just ignoring it. It’s like a bloody cult.

Reactions: 46

noseyparker80

Can I just say (I’ll probably get flack for this) but I’ve had a couple of gins so 🦆 it.
I think people need to be careful with blaming other “celebrities” because ‘they must of known and therefore should of spoken out’. I agree with it, but (and a big but)…I think you’ll find the majority who knew will be scared to speak out because of the backlash. I feel they will all say “I only knew the rumour” when in fact they did know, but also know how the public will react. We don’t know their circumstances or why the couldn’t speak up but they need to feel supported in speaking up now. Why? Because at the end of the day, it’s about that poor boy and that poor boy only, and about him getting justice, and that’s the most important thing here. Others may have other stories about other people too but won’t speak out now because of the fear of backlash. I’d like to think that I’d always speak up for what’s right and to hell with the consequences but I’ve never been in that situation, especially when confronted with so much power. I bet numerous people spoke up but where belittled and forced into nda’s. I think this goes so much deeper than any of us could possibly imagine. 😢

• Heart

IamMyaJ

VIP Member
Anyone remember Thames TV? A member of my family was sexually assaulted by a member of that team and that’s going back some years…. It’s time this shit show was shut down for good

• Sad
  • Wow

Sloppys

VIP Member
I will give it to Eamonn when I watched PS’ coming out as gay, it was pretty clear at the time him and Ruth were ambushed by it that morning.

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
I'd love to see Kim back tonight, she needs her own show frankly.

At the end of the last thread we were discussing the historic web of pervs and pedalo's in tv land, about to pick to pieces the below from Philths autobiography as posted by @StonedCyclist Does he mention his cruise with him or his first interview in NZ with Kitty? - Those on the Savile thread will remember when we did the same to sometimes terrifying degree. And hospital radio used to come up a lot then too.

"Further to my earlier post- I am now skimming through the Schofe book. Points of interest so far:

Schofe Ramblings

P34 (pre-fame)

‘I found what I was looking for at Hospital Radio, Plymouth, with a group of exiting broadcasters led by local celebrity David Rodgers. David became a mate and in time introduced me to Judy Spiers, Hugh Scully and Ruth Langsford’.

P44 (on starting at bbc)

‘At the time I was the youngest employee at BBC London. This was something that they took very seriously. I was constantly asked if I was ok and, looking back it was in a remarkable show of care, they paid my return ticket, every fortnight, an agreement they committed to ‘until I had reached the age of 19 or 20 or had been there two years’.

P59 (attitude towards minions)

‘In all of the letters I have sent and all of the interviews with students that I have had, I have always stressed one thing: Im not interested in helping you if you just want to be famous: you have to want it in your bones’.

P64-65 Saville

Requested to see Saville in recording studio, internal memo. Saville allowed him to introduce a record on BBC1. Buzzing. Saville advised ‘be nice to everyone on the way up, you will need them on the way down’.

Schofe and Saville met many times over the years. Sad when he died- tweeted an obituary- that he has since searched hours for, to delete it.

‘ in any of the brief times I had contact with him, there was not one hint of who he really was, from either him or anyone I met. I just wish that, back then, victims had been believed or had felt that they have the support to speak up against this monster, who was hiding in plain site…….’"

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 45

Emmapism

VIP Member
I’m about 3 threads behind so sorry if this has been said but a couple of points I feel I NEED to make 😂😂

1. Note wrong with Dr Ranj’s selfie with MM! A lighthearted post on SM calling a 21 year old colleague a stud? What’s wrong with that 🤔 sick of people trying to make out everything is so black and white - he can speak out against TM and have posted that too. That post doesn’t in any way mean his post was insincere or he was part of grooming/toxic atmosphere ffs
  2. I’ve seen a lot of people saying “nothing wrong with PS having an affair with another adult what’s the big deal” which is downplaying it so much!!! He was in a position of power and absolutely abused that, even if MM was technically legal. I feel like if it were with a girl of 18 there would be more of an understanding of how fucked up the situation was.
Also does anyone else feel that 'technically legal' is such a skin crawl of a phrase. Like, you're doing nothing good there are you?

Technically legal my bumhole.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45

The Downfall of Us All

It might be because I’m tired and a few glasses in, but DW is kinda hot? I would need him to never open his mouth around me as everything he says annoys me, but he’s easy on the eye 👀

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43

Foxybrown

Chatty Member
Piers Morgan pisses me off at the best of times, his obsession with Megan & Harry is unhealthy but whether you like them or not, you can't compare what they've done with the ITV crew etc....he needs to watch what horse he backs.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

givepeasachance

VIP Member
When was this, what did he say?

He posted under the nickname 'Angry Locust', and said that everyones husbands were sexually attracted to underage children and we all knew it deep down. Something about it being a human instinct. Then kept quoting posters on his Twitter! It was insane. Does anyone else remember?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 42