Phillip Schofield #38 You can watch a thief, but you can't watch a liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole channel is a joke to be honest. I feel a bit icky watching it. But it’s very entertaining as well. The adverts last night were hysterical. There was one for a pawn shop that was actually a stall in a indoor market in Swansea, and another for a small town furniture shop that looked like it hadn’t had any new stock since the mid 90’s.
I imagine it would be a costly product placement as its getting big views!

I keep getting the ad "I'm shopping like a Billionaire I'm shopping like a Billionaire 😄 😁
Still don't know who the company is!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So I was flicking through YouTube this morning and saw a video from the early 90s maybe. Julian clary stand up. And PS is in the audience. And Julian seems to tease him about liking youngsters then. PS laughs nervously and then Julian takes him up onstage to tease him some more. About “doing dr Doolittle” phnar phnar. The title of the video is “dud Julian clary know way back then”
Someone's titled that to jump on the bandwagon and get some views, really. Nothing that outrageous happening apart from a few double entendres, which were more about embarrassing people than outing them (Clary's schtick). Love Julian, though. And Mystic Meg was in the audience!

That Youtuber's avatar and username probably tells you all you need to know, sadly.

Reactions: 9
So I was flicking through YouTube this morning and saw a video from the early 90s maybe. Julian clary stand up. And PS is in the audience. And Julian seems to tease him about liking youngsters then. PS laughs nervously and then Julian takes him up onstage to tease him some more. About “doing dr Doolittle” phnar phnar. The title of the video is “dud Julian clary know way back then”
Speculation aside, this video and everyone in it just made me feel so very old.

ETA: Why did I think Julian Clary was dead? Very pleased to Google him and find he's still with us! Maybe I've mixed him up with other 90s camp favourite Dale Winton.

Also, more evidence that Schofield wasn't from the "wrong time" to be an out gay man on the telly.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I unfortunately happened to catch Alison on TM today during the Jamaica segment and in that 3 minutes she annoyed me with her fake happy persona and saying 'babs' every 2 seconds 😬

Reactions: 16
Dermot looks like the kind not to get involved in any of it, but he spent years working in the toxic environment of the XFactor…so it’s hard to tell.

I think he’s probably decent…but on the other hand he is Dan Baldwin’s best mate 🤷🏼‍♀️
They’re all in each others pockets one way or another , what a tight little group itv daytime is.

Reactions: 17
They’re all in each others pockets one way or another , what a tight little group itv daytime is.
I swear to god aim going to do a spider chart of who is connected to who. I bet the web is very tangled.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm trying to find the most voted for thread title but am pages in, we have been gossiping rather intently today!

Further to my earlier post- I am now skimming through the Schofe book. Points of interest so far:

Schofe Ramblings

P34 (pre-fame)

‘I found what I was looking for at Hospital Radio, Plymouth, with a group of exiting broadcasters led by local celebrity David Rodgers. David became a mate and in time introduced me to Judy Spiers, Hugh Scully and Ruth Langsford’.

P44 (on starting at bbc)

‘At the time I was the youngest employee at BBC London. This was something that they took very seriously. I was constantly asked if I was ok and, looking back it was in a remarkable show of care, they paid my return ticket, every fortnight, an agreement they committed to ‘until I had reached the age of 19 or 20 or had been there two years’.

P59 (attitude towards minions)

‘In all of the letters I have sent and all of the interviews with students that I have had, I have always stressed one thing: Im not interested in helping you if you just want to be famous: you have to want it in your bones’.

P64-65 Saville

Requested to see Saville in recording studio, internal memo. Saville allowed him to introduce a record on BBC1. Buzzing. Saville advised ‘be nice to everyone on the way up, you will need them on the way down’.

Schofe and Saville met many times over the years. Sad when he died- tweeted an obituary- that he has since searched hours for, to delete it.

‘ in any of the brief times I had contact with him, there was not one hint of who he really was, from either him or anyone I met. I just wish that, back then, victims had been believed or had felt that they have the support to speak up against this monster, who was hiding in plain site…….’

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Further to my earlier post- I am now skimming through the Schofe book. Points of interest so far:

Schofe Ramblings

P34 (pre-fame)

‘I found what I was looking for at Hospital Radio, Plymouth, with a group of exiting broadcasters led by local celebrity David Rodgers. David became a mate and in time introduced me to Judy Spiers, Hugh Scully and Ruth Langsford’.

P44 (on starting at bbc)

‘At the time I was the youngest employee at BBC London. This was something that they took very seriously. I was constantly asked if I was ok and, looking back it was in a remarkable show of care, they paid my return ticket, every fortnight, an agreement they committed to ‘until I had reached the age of 19 or 20 or had been there two years’.

‘In all of the letters I have sent and all of the interviews with students that I have had, I have always stressed one thing: Im not interested in helping you if you just want to be famous: you have to want it in your bones’.

P64-65 Saville

Requested to see Saville in recording studio, internal memo. Saville allowed him to introduce a record on BBC1. Buzzing. Saville advised ‘be nice to everyone on the way up, you will need them on the way down’.

Schofe and Saville met many times over the years. Sad when he died- tweeted an obituary- that he has since searched hours for, to delete it.

‘ in any of the brief times I had contact with him, there was not one hint of who he really was, from either him or anyone I met. I just wish that, back then, victims had been believed or had felt that they have the support to speak up against this monster, who was hiding in plain site…….’
Is he for real!??

Schofe Ramblings

P34 (pre-fame)

P44 (on starting at bbc)

P64-65 Saville

that last paragraph! :mad:

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.