Phillip Schofield #3 Dancing on thin ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have in a former life worked in TV and started off a runner. I've never known anyone stay in a Runner's position for nearly 4 years as MM appears to have judging by his linkedin in. If you do a good job then you'll usually get promoted to Production Sec or Junior Researcher within a year.

The fact that this is being spoken out so rampantly on social media means that the This Morning team and ITV would be stupid to think that this will just blow over. Runners are so vulnerable being the lowest position, the lowest paid and in a highly competitive industry where they are often desperate to further their career and are open to being abused in many forms. In the era of #Me Too they should have been making sure they had a duty of care to all their staff.
Yes that is it - even if the relationship was entirely legal and consensual (which I presume it was) surely there was an abuse of power by PS? Not just the relationship but the fact Amanda Holden has said he had a hand in the hiring and firing of people - so his career was in Phillip's hands.

Reactions: 16
Addressing the point as to why this is not coming out - ITV have a long history and a very fat chequebook when it comes to letting people go and signing an NDA. This doesn’t just apply to scandals - it can simply be when people are removed from high up jobs behind the camera too. If they don’t want you around anymore then you are presented with a nice cheque and an NDA to sign and you then leave the building. However - in this instance they are on very thin ice if this is the case as this recent article shows..

Reactions: 4
Morning all, have people been up all night?
the thing that irks me is Ruth being there to comfort and support Phil on his big reveal when it was she who made the formal complaint about him.
was the complaint ever verified?
the whole thing stinks and is getting smellier by the minute

Reactions: 14
So MM was moved to Loose Women having had a social media cleanse (his words) for six weeks right about the same time as PS was instructing a crisis management company last June

:unsure:

paid off, told to go on holiday and lay low. And then came back when they knew the dust had settled to a new role

Reactions: 13
How can somebody afford to pay a PR firm £30,000 a month and why would it be necessary?
miss Naive 1954

• Wow
Reactions: 6
That does seem a long and unfortunate time to stay in a runner position when your main goal is clearly to ‘make it’ as a star in the industry.

Out of interest how easy/hard is it to get hired in the first place as a runner on a show like This Morning?

Will they hire anyone, is there a specific set of experience, skills or qualifications they are looking for and do many people apply for these roles?
A lot of it is who you know! The majority of the people I worked with had university degrees but usually the only way to get onto the TV ladder is to take a Runner's position where you literally spend your day getting coffee and running errands and hoping that you would make a good impression on the powers that be so that they would promote you. Yes, it's hugely exciting as you are in that big shiny TV world but I can't image you'd be happy doing it for nearly 4 years on the same show. In that time you'd definitely see other runners promoted over you so there must have been something holding him back. If he was rubbish at the job surely they would have got rid of him!

Reactions: 19
Morning all, have people been up all night?
the thing that irks me is Ruth being there to comfort and support Phil on his big reveal when it was she who made the formal complaint about him.
was the complaint ever verified?
the whole thing stinks and is getting smellier by the minute
I think she was, not to say forced to do so, but be a team player shall we say

How has Philip schofield basically being halied as brave, when in fact he's nothing of the sort

Link to Article I posted yesterday, some may enjoy it
1st paragraph reads:

Brave used to mean going to war. Or risking life and limb for your political beliefs. Or smuggling contraband literature into tyrannical countries. Or going to the Moon. Now it means being a millionaire who uses his comfy position as the King of Daytime TV to tell everyone he’s gay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
What really gets me is they planned and then ladled out the ‘tears on the sofa’ confessional as if we’re complete simpletons.

Reactions: 13

Would appear hes been on loose women since middle of 2019.
Obviously that is his video and pics but it’s a fake account. Which is odd because it’s using his name and it’s from summer last year ...

Reactions: 1
See that behaviour, exposing his bottom on social media. Just why would you do that? Attention seeking and narcisisstic.
Can someone post this bottom shot? I am too old for snapchat so don’t know how to find it.

Reactions: 1
Ancient history, but always felt sorry for Anthea Turner when her marriage to Peter Powell broke down. I always got a gay vibe off of him. They stayed friends but I think perhaps he came out and the marriage ended. He used to be a celeb in his own right but gave the fame up and was a co founder with Caron Keatings husband (Gloria Hunniford’s son in law) of James Grant Mgt. Her next husband Grant Bovey looked a bit like Peter Powell, like she was looking for a replacement.

It seems like a Simon Schofield has known PS since he was a child upthread. His CV says he was in Joseph (they all seem to have this in their credits!) so he may have been in the same big production as PS as one of the child performers. They have done a fair bit of work together including a show where PS MCed and sung. And then closely involved since then in his Theatre production company bringing on young talent, which is where MM emerged from. I think this is a key relationship - PS and SS.

And yes to whoever posted Holly on The One Show. Something off there. Not her usual polished self.

If mm was fired the week before, the timing seems right. Friday interview-so he didn’t have to sit with anyone the next day and answer questions or discuss it. And all legal stuff tied up possibly before the weekend?

Cancer would do that too. Oh god, if he has cancer it will be the most sanctimonious-omg I can’t even continue with this thought. Ugh.

Omg. He was always around, wasnt he? There is no mistaking that nose either. And you see ps have a good look at him at the very start of the segment too
Hahaha omgosh look at Philip, can barely take his eyes off his elf - probably had a 'semi' all the way through that segment! What a noddy! The dude Matt, has himself down as an actor on his Insta profile , no oscar for fiddling with baubles I'm afraid...soooo cringe! Urrgghhh 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
I’ve just had a look at Perez Hilton’s site and it was very interesting his thoughts on Phillip. Basically he thinks the rumours are untrue but where I rolled my eyes, ended up saying homophobia was involved as PS was seemingly a nice guy.

My eyes not clued in yet, I misread a headline re Piers Morgan saying Phillip Schofield coming out was gusty! Very windy round these parts.

Reactions: 3
What really gets me is they planned and then ladled out the ‘tears on the sofa’ confessional as if we’re complete simpletons.
Sounds like it was a rush job last Friday to make the announcement and so Eamonn and Ruth probably didn’t have much time to actually discuss their ‘reaction’ beforehand, probably just made the best of a very odd situation.
It’s so self indulgent of ITV to actually make space in the schedule to have the presenter talk about their private life.

Well Lineker split from his wife/gf he didn’t have a 10 minute segment on match of the day to be interviewed about it; when Jamie Redknapp and Louise spilt there wasn’t a big announcement on a League of their Own😆.
Why wasn’t PS announcement just handled as a press release.

Will be interesting to see how long the super injunction holds.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve just had a look at Perez Hilton’s site and it was very interesting his thoughts on Phillip. Basically he thinks the rumours are untrue but where I rolled my eyes, ended up saying homophobia was involved as PS was seemingly a nice guy.

My eyes not clued in yet, I misread a headline re Piers Morgan saying Phillip Schofield coming out was gusty! Very windy round these parts.
Yea my eyes rolled too when Perez said that. But he may be just protecting himself, or want to be invited back to itv, whatever I do think Perez knows the truth

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.