Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont see why? Its completely relevant and we should be able to discuss MH problems anywhere they might be helpful imo.
Yes, I'm very much more educated and informed now because of this thread. I've also been given some good advice which I would not have been given otherwise.

Reactions: 30
I’d second keeping the drug discussion here for those comfortable discussing their experiences. All addiction is taboo but heroin is so stigmatised-unnecessarily so. The only way people understand the reality is by frank discussion.

Reactions: 27
If people are triggered, perhaps any further drugs discussions could go behind a spoiler? X

I was addicted to cocaine for a number of years (amongst other things). Hearing about other people’s experiences with addictions doesn’t bother me at all but I can appreciate it may be upsetting for some. Very relevant to the Peaches discussion though.
I think if you're triggered by talk of drug use then you possibly are on the wrong thread, and might need to find a more wholesome one!

Reactions: 20
I wonder about Peahes having two c-sections. If she didn't go private there must have been a medical reason for the first one. Unless the rules have changed and you can choose to have one on the nhs. It points to an issue, lots of speculation they were born with addiction.

I agree l think the drug talk would be better on a separate thread.
You can have a c section by maternal request, no medical reason needed. You just need to be educated on the risks of section and benefits of natural first. I had one and I'm not addicted to drugs, altho I was offered codeine during my pregnancy and chose not to take it after getting the prescription. Which I'm really glad of now after reading how addictive it it, I mainly didn't take it because I didn't want to harm the baby but didn't realise how addictive it was and this wasn't pointed out by the doctor.

agree the drug addiction would be better suited to its own thread I think there would be a lot of posters and it wouldn't get lost in the peaches chat.

She seemed into some really dark stuff , drugs, Scientology, weird religions and getting tattoos of them. I was really sad she died and Couldn't believe it when her eldest son wasn't even 2 yet. So awful, those poor babies. I wish she had gotten help, so many celebrities children are so messed up. I wonder what she went though she seeemd really out spoken about child abuse. Ian Watkins etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Could the people discussing drug addictions maybe start a separate topic?
I don’t think anyone wishes people to be upset by the subject, however drug addiction is a problem which ran through Peaches’ life and the life of her mother and stepfather.

The vast majority of comments have been compassionate and informative about the relentless nature of drug addiction and offered some insight into how hard it must have been for her to cope with ongoing drug addiction and present an acceptable face to the rest of the world.

Drugs were a huge part of her life.
To those triggered, no one meant any upset and I really hope that these posts can offer help or encouragement that it is possible to get through your battles.

To not acknowledge the prevalence and reality of drug addiction, to hide it on a separate thread, rather feels disingenuous given that Peaches tried so hard to pretend she wasn’t still using. She hid it from family and friends and died alone.

I think it would be inappropriate to stop talking about drug addiction in relation to her life and managing addiction, on this thread and hide it on it’s own thread. It was a big part of Peaches life and caused her death. Secrecy and avoidance is a huge part of the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I don’t think anyone wishes people to be upset by the subject, however drug addiction is a problem which ran through Peaches’ life and the life of her mother and stepfather.

The vast majority of comments have been compassionate and informative about the relentless nature of drug addiction and offered some insight into how hard it must have been for her to cope with ongoing drug addiction and present an acceptable face to the rest of the world.

Drugs were a huge part of her life.
To those triggered, no one meant any upset and I really hope that these posts can offer help or encouragement that it is possible to get through your battles.

To not acknowledge the prevalence and reality of drug addiction, to hide it on a separate thread, rather feels disingenuous given that Peaches tried so hard to pretend she wasn’t still using. She hid it from family and friends and died alone.

I think it would be inappropriate to stop talking about drug addiction on this thread and hide it on it’s own thread. It was a big part of Peaches life and caused her death. Secrecy and avoidance is a huge part of the problem.
Very well said 👏

Reactions: 8
Shocking! I was taking a drug to prevent migraines and it helped with sleep, sadly it didn't work so I came off it. I'm sure it wasn't addictive or had any serious side effects, I must look the name of it for you.
Not sure if you’ve found it yet but I’m just catching up and used to take amitriptyline for the same reason and that used to help me sleep! Low dose is prescribed for pain particularly migraines and higher doses can be prescribed for anxiety

Reactions: 7
Not sure if you’ve found it yet but I’m just catching up and used to take amitriptyline for the same reason and that used to help me sleep! Low dose is prescribed for pain particularly migraines and higher doses can be prescribed for anxiety
They prescribe that in low dose for shingles too. A bf was prescribed it. It works very well for nerve pain.

Reactions: 2
I think there's relevant talk and then there's some off topic discussions, that's all.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She was so thin, I did wonder how she coped with the 2 boys so close together, and how she wasn't exhausted. I'm surprised her body didn't give up earlier if she was taking the drugs she did.
Agree. I have a similar age gap with my two: I was/am healthy and had easy pregnancies but my body felt wrecked after my 2nd! Foes sound like her MIL was a stable influence and very involved with helping with the children.

Reactions: 6
I think there's relevant talk and then there's some off topic discussions, that's all.
But threads often veer a little off topic and come back. All the chat has been about the nature of addiction, living as a functioning addict (or not as it turns out), methadone use etc etc. Everything that was relevant to Peaches life.

Its an uncomfortable subject but that doesn’t mean it should be avoided. It was integral to her life. And her mum’s.

Shame is a killer. Literally. It stops people seeking help or even just finding out more information. There is so much disinformation about drug addiction.
And everything, so far, on here has been supportive, informative, relevant and compassionate.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
That's the one, thank you. I'm not sure who I was trying to find it for now :unsure:

I think its great that people have shared their experiences with addiction, they don't get much opportunity in the current climate. But I'm also sorry that posters have found it triggering ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have been reading along and agree with Adore (and others) that there is a lot of very interesting discussion on this thread but some that is extremely triggering and might be better separated. It’s a difficult topic x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
"She regularly left the children with Tom’s parents, Keith, a social worker, and Sue, an artist, usually for three days a week."

This was a sentence in a one article upthread. How long does AP go on for? Or how does it work moving forwards? This isn't just a working mum that comes home after work, she wasn't with them for half of the time!

Reactions: 12
That's the one, thank you. I'm not sure who I was trying to find it for now :unsure:

I think its great that people have shared their experiences with addiction, they don't get much opportunity in the current climate. But I'm also sorry that posters have found it triggering ❤
I think you had quoted @Clairer86

Reactions: 1
"She regularly left the children with Tom’s parents, Keith, a social worker, and Sue, an artist, usually for three days a week."

This was a sentence in a one article upthread. How long does AP go on for? Or how does it work moving forwards? This isn't just a working mum that comes home after work, she wasn't with them for half of the time!
Three days a week separation isn't attached parenting 🤔 perhaps it was Peaches interpretation of it. Like people who say they are vegan but drink milk in their tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I have been going back and forth whether to post this or not, and i apologize if i offend anyone....

Addiction was such a huge part of Peaches life, and 75% of posters were aware and talking about her addictions before anyone shared their own lived experience. I am not sorry at all for posting my own experience of addiction, and i feel honoured that others who have also had direct and indrect experience of addiction felt comfortable sharing their own story. Hell, users-both current and recovering users have spent a large part of their life feeling stigmatised and without a voice, so i think its been amazing listening to other peoples experience.

The way i see it, i saw a lot of comments regarding addiction that people acknowledged they did not know much about addiction, and asking questions, making assumptions. If by myself and others sharing their experiences at least one person felt a little less judged or ashamed, or less lonely. Or if it even gave someone the confidence to reach out and get help. To be honest if it even made someone think about addiction differently then i personally think thats bleeping amazing.

To be completely honest if i felt uncomfortable about addiction then i probably wouldnt be on a thread about Peaches anyway, considering its fair to say a lot of the posts would be about her addiction. But thats just me.

As i say, im sorry if anyone is offended by this, that is not the point of this post. And im happy not to talk about it again

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Three days a week separation isn't attached parenting 🤔 perhaps it was Peaches interpretation of it. Like people who say they are vegan but drink milk in their tea.
God love the girl I thunk her heart was in the right place but as Bob Geldof said after her death she was frantic. I wonder did she have a personality disorder that caused her to obsess on something’s.

Reactions: 8
I feel really bad if any of this discussion has upset anybody and been triggering. I guess the thread was created to discuss peaches and sadly she died of a heroin overdose, so drugs and addiction are naturally an integral part of that discussion. As much as I am here to reminisce and discuss her cute babies, house, general Geldof goss etc. (and don’t get me wrong I’m here for that)... Personally, everyone’s stories have really helped me to understand addiction and I also feel like they have been respectful and supportive.

I suppose previously I was sympathetic to Peaches but like others naively wondered how she could have put heroin before her boys, thinking it was more of a clear cut choice. Understanding about addiction from people here has helped me to put myself in her shoes. I appreciate the subject is triggering but I do think it is useful and it is relevant. I know this is a faceless forum, but for me people’s stories have helped put a human face to the tragedy. Also it’s not often that people are open about this sort of thing, because it’s something people are made to feel shame about, if these posts help us to understand and sympathise I think that’s a good thing.

I saw in a video that somebody recomended earlier ‘the opposite of addiction is connection’ and it really struck me. I feel like if someone here is open enough to talk about their own struggles then not to connect with that and to shut them down due to discomfort wouldn’t be fair.

welcome to my ted talk

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Another thing was that Bob did the whole thing about Tiger-Lily being with her big sisters, then it turns out the 3 eldest lived in basement, she must have felt very alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.