Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was going to say similar about Mitch Winehouse. He left the family and barely had anything to do with Amy, leaving her mother to bring her up alone. He came slithering back when she became famous and pushed and pushed her, getting film crews in without her permission and getting her to do this instead of getting help.
I agree. I don’t buy the Saint Bob stuff but know little about him(however some of the worst men in my experience go to extreme lengths to paint themselves publicly as amazing). But Mitch Winehouse was awful father. He exploited Amy completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Completely agree Tilly that is very common. I know families who have 3 children, one desperately addicted and will steal cheat and pressurise their parents to remortgage their house until it’s a caravan to repay drug debts. Then they have 2 perfectly average law abiding children.
Also, there is a lot of naivety on this thread about how much you can “help” a 24 year old woman. She was an adult with her own life, not a child you can lock in the house.

those photos were the from second time it’s been sold since her death, so nothing like what it was when she lived there. But you can see the kitchen and bathrooms are aged so probably the same.
Is it on the market again? She died in 2014 and it sold in 2016. I thought it had stood empty for quite a while after she died.

Thanks whoever shared the melody Nelson Facebook page... Crazy.. Fell down a rabbit Warren.. From her pal fifi brown there are lots of famous people.. Sophie Ellis bexter... Then her friend list is open.. Lost ages stalking famous peoples Facebook pages...
I did the exact same! Most are private but pics are there. Interesting to see.
I like Sophie Ellis bexter and her tribe of red headed boys.

Reactions: 9
Is it on the market again? She died in 2014 and it sold in 2016. I thought it had stood empty for quite a while after she died.
2 years is a long time for a house sale to take place... I'm sure Thomas couldn't afford it on his own. We are talking 5 years later...

Reactions: 1
Oh no I’ve read the right move listing wrong, the 2013 purchase was peaches then? I thought that was the year she died. She didn’t live there long.

Reactions: 2
Slow on the uptake but just read the Pete Doherty article from the Guardian in 2019. I genuinely thought he was clean, I last read about him about 4 years ago when he had just got out of rehab. Turns out he’s still a bleeping mess
I was in a rehab with him years ago, had paps all around the grounds trying to get a sneak preview of him. & kat slater. It was so funny because every time a celeb walked it we all automatically pretended we didn’t know who they were and would talk to them as though they were strangers in the street. ‘Hello, what’s your name?’ 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Oh no I’ve read the right move listing wrong, the 2013 purchase was peaches then? I thought that was the year she died. She didn’t live there long.
Also it got sold much lower than they had bought it 3 years earlier. Nearly 50,000 below the asking price. They just wanted to get rid of it!

E.T.A It also had a self contained guest house to the right of the property, with its own kitchen, living room bedroom and conservatory!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I did the exact same! Most are private but pics are there. Interesting to see.
I like Sophie Ellis bexter and her tribe of red headed boys.
I also found Dawn o porter, Caroline flack, Chris o'dawd, Louis theroux, lily Allen, nick grimshaw, Sadie frost, Edith bowman, Lauren laverne....

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I was in a rehab with him years ago, had paps all around the grounds trying to get a sneak preview of him. & kat slater. It was so funny because every time a celeb walked it we all automatically pretended we didn’t know who they were and would talk to them as though they were strangers in the street. ‘Hello, what’s your name?’ 😂😂😂😂😂
Who else walked in?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
London and major cities are absolutely awash with Heroin and have been for such a long time. The thing that surprised me when I first moved to London was the range of people doing Heroin. Its heavily stigmatised but loads of people and I mean loads do it. With Peaches you see its really heavy in the music scene and most people who do Heroin never get off it. They may have short periods where they get clean but its habitual.

Peaches like her mother was a talented writer when they both could be bothered. The lifestyle caught up with her. Glad her boys have been kept out of the limelight. I know he has made so many mistakes but Bon Geldof was tortured by his divorce from Paula who he truly loved. The grief did a real number on him but he still took on Tiger Lily it was all a big mess and he tried to keep his family together the best he could.
Yes you are correct, heroin is everywhere and its not just the typical trainspotting 'people' doing it. Im a recovering user and yet i havre never been a typical looking addict, and neither were the people i used to associate with. We were mainly all well educated- at least up to MA and Phd, and had professional careers. I have witnessed people who are high up in medical fields, even lawyers, and top business people all use heroin on a regular basis. I managed to hide my addictions for a long long time- i guess i was a functioning addict. Im totally clean now, but this is the first time probably ever ive been properly clean. I was like a binge user, i would use for a peroid of time then might stop for a few months, but i would always somehow fall back into it. Now im properly clean, i havent used since May 2020, ive completely cut off all of my associates from that time (i wont call them friends because they are not friends), i got rid of my phone, and all aspects of my life from that time. Its a horrible drug to be addicted to, but people need to understand that its so much popular than what you think it is. I think people assume heroin addicts are the typical 'smack heads' you see in tv and films, but the reality is so much more complex than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Yes you are correct, heroin is everywhere and its not just the typical trainspotting 'people' doing it. Im a recovering user and yet i havre never been a typical looking addict, and neither were the people i used to associate with. We were mainly all well educated- at least up to MA and Phd, and had professional careers. I have witnessed people who are high up in medical fields, even lawyers, and top business people all use heroin on a regular basis. I managed to hide my addictions for a long long time- i guess i was a functioning addict. Im totally clean now, but this is the first time probably ever ive been properly clean. I was like a binge user, i would use for a peroid of time then might stop for a few months, but i would always somehow fall back into it. Now im properly clean, i havent used since May 2020, ive completely cut off all of my associates from that time (i wont call them friends because they are not friends), i got rid of my phone, and all aspects of my life from that time. Its a horrible drug to be addicted to, but people need to understand that its so much popular than what you think it is. I think people assume heroin addicts are the typical 'smack heads' you see in tv and films, but the reality is so much more complex than that.
Seriously well done. Addiction is so pernicious. Please stay safe.

Reactions: 34
I will hold my hand up and say I am completely oblivious to functioning addicts as in I’m aware they exist I’m just not aware of any I know. Close people in my life completely obliterated themselves on this drug, so the only firsthand knowledge I have of it is from watching them and how their lives fell apart, one is dead. I don’t meant to insult anyone with my views, I’m speaking from ignorance not intent. I applaud you for staying sober ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Seriously well done. Addiction is so pernicious. Please stay safe.
Thankyou. Im doing okay, im on methadone and im not abusing that anymore either (at one point i would double up on that/miss days etc etc). My family are extremely supportive. Ive also got complex mental health issues-bpd and bipolar which i think kinda explains my risk taking behaviour when it came to drugs and my impulsivity. I have just read another post where they talk about users who could be classed as functioning users who also have professional careers, and that is me and the people i used to associate with. We are not all toothless, skinny, scruffy, trainspotting type characters!
I wrongly used to assume because i was functioning- i still had a bloody good job, paid all my bills, and was a good parent, that i could handle it. Because i used to binge and sometimes i would hammer it, and then not touch it for a couple of months. But it did get to me, and its sad but it ended with me attempting suicide twice, being sectioned, being in a mental health hospital for 6 weeks. And when i came home from hospital my family pretty much kept me as a prisoner- not that they were abusing me or anything like that, but i had to get rid of my phone, completely cut off those people, and focus purely on me and my family.
I wish it was as easy to get off drugs as some people suggest it is. Withdrawing is absolutely bleeping horrible, also and this might sound crazy but heroin is a lovely drug! Why else would people intitally use it? It wrapped me up in cotton wool, and i felt amazing. I know realize its because i was trying to mask my other feelings (connected with my mental health). Its a tough thing but im getting the right support and medication- both for my addiction and my mental health, and for the first time i genuinely feel present in the moment- like i dont have any outside influence or stresses, im fully present with my children and my partner. :)

I will hold my hand up and say I am completely oblivious to functioning addicts as in I’m aware they exist I’m just not aware of any I know. Close people in my life completely obliterated themselves on this drug, so the only firsthand knowledge I have of it is from watching them and how their lives fell apart, one is dead. I don’t meant to insult anyone with my views, I’m speaking from ignorance not intent. I applaud you for staying sober ❤
I completely see what you mean, and some would argue that in the end i was not functioning at all because it ended with me attempting suicide twice, being sectioned and in a mental health hospital, and then being treated like a child by my family- not being able to go out, they would look after and give me my meds so i couldnt double up, not being able to have a phone etc etc.
I personally feel that the idea of functioning comes down to money. The rich people who used heroin never ever had to struggle to get the money to get hold of it, they never had to steal or lie to obtain their funds. I guess on a superficial level i could probably be described as functioning due to me going to work, paying bills, i took care of myself in terms of hygeine and looks. But on the inside- it co-existed with my mental health and was so so damaging to me and you could argue it very nearly destroyed my life. I also look back now and almost feel scared at how i used to use it after a period off it, It wouldnt matter to me that i hadnt took it for 2 or 3 months, i just used it as i would have used it had i been hammering it. And that is why my drugs worker always used to tell me- i was at more of a risk of an overdose than someone who would use it every day, and yet i didnt care. But now i realise i was trying to escape from my mental health issues.

Sorry for waffling on xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Claire86 thankyou so much for sharing that. I know exactly what you mean. With alcohol I was functioning but the effort to pass the mask of sanity every day nearly killed me. You are also under extreme pressure to act as normal and of course it's the secret of not letting anyone else know. Especially if you have children. But by sharing your story it shows that addiction can be overcome of you have the right framework and support. I agree with the friends as well....they dropped away when I became sober and it is for the best of course but I wonder how I would have coped in my early 20s. It's your social circle. Please stay strong and I know what a Heruclean achievement it is. Please stay safe and healthy. Take care

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Claire86 thankyou so much for sharing that. I know exactly what you mean. With alcohol I was functioning but the effort to pass the mask of sanity every day nearly killed me. You are also under extreme pressure to act as normal and of course it's the secret of not letting anyone else know. Especially if you have children. But by sharing your story it shows that addiction can be overcome of you have the right framework and support. I agree with the friends as well....they dropped away when I became sober and it is for the best of course but I wonder how I would have coped in my early 20s. It's your social circle. Please stay strong and I know what a Heruclean achievement it is. Please stay safe and healthy. Take care
Thankyou, and well done to you as well. I dont know much about alcoholism but from chats with my drugs worker-its a horrible thing, and kudos to you and everyone else who overcomes it.
What i will say about my addiction, i didnt suddenly start taking heroin one day. I was prescribed opiate pain for years! The doctors literally handed them out to me like sweets. And i do have chronic back pain, and sciatica so i was legitimately using the opiates for pain. But then as time went on, i became more and more addicted to the opiate pain and heroin became an easier and better option for me. It cured my pain better than any of the pain did, and i would argue that the last time i started using heroin properly was because of the pain i felt. Of course my mental health also played a part, and im glad more professionals are seeing addiction and mental health fall hand in hand with one and other.
Im just glad i have an amazing family, and i feel very lucky in that respect as some people dont have that, and i know my family went to some extreme measures to keep me safe but it worked and i think that coupled with my determination to really kick it this time has helped me. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I read this thread last night and have spent all day thinking about Peaches. Such a sad outcome.

Also want to say thanks to other posters who have been so honest about addiction, it has really opened my eyes.

Stay safe everyone xx

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Who else walked in?
I don’t want to derail the thread here. There was one more but I cannot remember her name, I didn’t know of her when I went in there. She’s a celeb in the public eye and seems to have a lot of mental health problems. If I remember she posted a video of her crying and another video saying she had converted to islam. I think this is the right description. When Kat Slater walked through the door I was bleeping star struck 😂
I wish peaches life wasn’t fluffed up as though she was the perfect earth mother, she might of been able to get treatment then. It’s very sad. The higher your profile, the more you have to lose, so you don’t get help and then it’s too late.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.