Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She lied about her drug test results. I know very little about the ins and outs of addiction or the support in place, but surely if she was failing drug tests, there was a duty of care to inform her husband, especially as she was actively involved in parenting.
It makes no sense to me, the entire issue is so emotive that my thinking on it has been blurred.
Yes she was a victim to her addiction but more could have been done to help her, flushing drugs wasn't enough. Words were not enough. Leaving children in her care alone was irresponsible, even with the tiniest element of doubt about her sobriety.
I'm not victim blaming her husband or family either, I just feel that agency involvement should have disseminated information better. I do wonder if her social status and her media career hindered this.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She lied about her drug test results. I know very little about the ins and outs of addiction or the support in place, but surely if she was failing drug tests, there was a duty of care to inform her husband, especially as she was actively involved in parenting.
It makes no sense to me, the entire issue is so emotive that my thinking on it has been blurred.
Yes she was a victim to her addiction but more could have been done to help her, flushing drugs wasn't enough. Words were not enough. Leaving children in her care alone was irresponsible, even with the tiniest element of doubt about her sobriety.
I'm not victim blaming her husband or family either, I just feel that agency involvement should have disseminated information better. I do wonder if her social status and her media career hindered this.
Even If she was only supposed to be using methadone I have seen people completely nodded out on methadone. Unable to have a conversation let alone look after an infant. It’s very strange.

Reactions: 12
I had a on off relationship with a guy that had a one night stand with fifi. He met her at a bus stop and she took him back to her home. In the morning they were making breakfast and Bob geldof of came in and started shouting about who is this? She shouted back something like don't tell me you didn't get shagged last night? They must have been 18 ish at the time. Fifi used to call him all the time and one day bob called and said she had took an overdose and his number was the last number in the phone. He described the house was like one house with separate flats so the girls were in and out.
Wow Fifi always seemed the most together out of the three, I wonder what her story is!

Reactions: 17
I should have added, after a night out at a bus stop
Ok that changes my ‘judgement’. I was imagining a middle of the day bus stop scenario that began with ‘Been waiting long?’ and escalated to a night of passion in Bob Geldofs gaff 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Imagine saying to your Da you'd just been shagging, and rubbing it in his face :ROFLMAO: I would have faced consequences for that but I've too much respect for my parents to say or do that anyway. I'm judging the parenting, not going to lie. Big judgey pants on this morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Also.. Both fifi and pixie were at bobs place davington priory in the summer lockdown. Looked lush on all the insta stories pixie did and outdoor cinema screen they had that fifi posted.

Reactions: 8
I am intrigued about FifI as she keeps out of the public eye, would love to know more about her thoughts on Paula’s paranting. I really respect that she is very private though.

Reactions: 9
I think that would be more useful than an oyster. Which is basically like whale spunk.
Not that I have experience with whale spunk you understand, but oysters are repulsive. So phelgmy and slimy 🤢
Oysters are rank, they're like posh snatters. I don't know how anyone can touch them.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ideas of addiction are so skewed. As the pp said plenty of people are addicts and do normal life. People don’t like to think it but it’s so prevelent, whether it’s prescribed or not, I’d almost guarantee you know/work with an addict who is functioning.

TC was part of that scene, that’s not the crowd you hang with if you are straight laced, he also married Peaches when she was addicted to heroin and using. Is it likely he was also an addict at some point? His family social workers or not would not get care of those children over the Geldofs money if it came down to which grandparents took them in.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ideas of addiction are so skewed. As the pp said plenty of people are addicts and do normal life. People don’t like to think it but it’s so prevelent, whether it’s prescribed or not, I’d almost guarantee you know/work with an addict who is functioning.

TC was part of that scene, that’s not the crowd you hang with if you are straight laced, he also married Peaches when she was addicted to heroin and using. Is it likely he was also an addict at some point? His family social workers or not would not get care of those children over the Geldofs money if it came down to which grandparents took them in.
This!! I’m pretty sure I read in one of the articles he said that they both used when the babies slept!? I’m gonna have to go back and find it now

edited to add image

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

I think I read somewhere that Tom had used with Peaches in the past but I can't find any trace of it now. Yes some people can function, not everyone is like the cast from trainspotting.

Reactions: 15
I had a on off relationship with a guy that had a one night stand with fifi. He met her at a bus stop and she took him back to her home. In the morning they were making breakfast and Bob geldof of came in and started shouting about who is this? She shouted back something like don't tell me you didn't get shagged last night? They must have been 18 ish at the time. Fifi used to call him all the time and one day bob called and said she had took an overdose and his number was the last number in the phone. He described the house was like one house with separate flats so the girls were in and out.
And there I was thinking Fifi was the sensible one!

So she was into drugs too?! They are one messed up family, that's for sure. A whole lot of issues!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I think I read somewhere that Tom had used with Peaches in the past but I can't find any trace of it now. Yes some people can function, not everyone is like the cast from trainspotting.
I agree with this I know not everyone fits the same mould I’m just saying in my personal experience of long term heroin addicts it has destroyed them, I also said in my post that I don’t mean to sound naive. I know I am not knowledgeable on addiction thats why I can only speak from my own personal experiences and encounters.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
This!! I’m pretty sure I read in one of the articles he said that they both used when the babies slept!? I’m gonna have to go back and find it now

edited to add image
.I'm pretty sure he means that they both used the spare bedroom, not heroin.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.