Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This!! I’m pretty sure I read in one of the articles he said that they both used when the babies slept!? I’m gonna have to go back and find it now

edited to add image
I’m pretty sure he is just saying that they both used the spare room when the babies slept.. as in the spare room that Peaches was found in. That’s how I’ve read it anyway.
I don’t think i’ve seen anything anywhere to suggest he was a drug addict.

Reactions: 28
First of all, Thomas and Peaches were still very much in a relationship with each other as a married couple when this happened. You're talking about access rights as if they were divorced. And I don't know about you, but if I knew that the other parent of my children had an active heroin addiction, I would have absolutely no problem whatsoever making it perfectly clear to my partner that I wouldn't be comfortable leaving the baby in their sole care while I'm away. And as a grandparent, who also happens to be a social worker, I would have no problem delivering the same message. You can supportive of someone with an addiction problem without throwing your own child under the bus in an attempt to show them that you trust them.
I think the point is you can make things as clear as you like but peaches was the mother and therefore both Thomas and the grandparents were unable to enforce any rules about her being alone with them

many, many children live alone with addicts. This is not at all unusual and their parents can not be just told “you’re not allowed to be alone with your son” it doesn’t work like that. Unless social services had a clearly communicated plan in place officially, Thomas and his parents potential attempts would be pointless

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I agree with this I know not everyone fits the same mould I’m just saying in my personal experience of long term heroin addicts it has destroyed them, I also said in my post that I don’t seem to sound naive. I know I am not knowledgeable on addiction thats why I can only speak from my own personal experiences and encounters.
I think that is usually the end result. It’s very hard to keep controlled and whilst there are functional addicts, I was told that in long term users, it is often the associated illnesses and conditions that kill them even if they are ‘careful’. So although a long term wealthy user with a (paid) support structure around them may be reasonably functioning for many years because they probably have decent drugs, clean needles, food, aren’t on the streets selling their body and have a doctor looking after their well-being, most people don’t have that money to get the support. It’s the associated illnesses that kill - infected wounds from injection sites, dangerously cut drugs, hepatitis and hiv from dirty needles, all round health decline. It isn’t just overdoses that are dangerous.
That’s what I was told by an addict (in recovery for a long time) anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think the point is you can make things as clear as you like but peaches was the mother and therefore both Thomas and the grandparents were unable to enforce any rules about her being alone with them

many, many children live alone with addicts. This is not at all unusual and their parents can not be just told “you’re not allowed to be alone with your son” it doesn’t work like that. Unless social services had a clearly communicated plan in place officially, Thomas and his parents potential attempts would be pointless
But you can ensure a baby that isn't even a year old isn't left alone with a drug addicted mother in so many ways, saying "you’re not allowed to be alone with your son!", isn't the only one. Thomas could have simply just gone back with both kids instead of sending the youngest with his father to be dropped off.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This!! I’m pretty sure I read in one of the articles he said that they both used when the babies slept!? I’m gonna have to go back and find it now

edited to add image
The 'it' in the article refers to the spare bedroom - not heroin.

I've always read that Tom is pretty straight-laced despite his pretty 'out there' image. And that he hated Peaches doing drugs. Then again, I don't really know all that much about him.

Reactions: 12
Yes exactly right.
And they are meant to be romantic?

The duck is romantic about 12 shells of cold snot?
As they are an aphrodisiac my imagination has led me to believe they had staged this highly erotic scene and the only thing I can imagine to be illegal regarding the oyster is that he consumed it after it had been placed inside of her. 🥴🤮

• Sick
But you can ensure a baby that isn't even a year old isn't left alone with a drug addicted mother in so many ways, saying "you’re not allowed to be alone with your son!", isn't the only one. Thomas could have simply just gone back with both kids instead of sending the youngest with his father to be dropped off.
We don’t know why the grandfather took the youngest back so who knows. It’s possible peaches and Thomas had argued and he had left with the children, maybe there was so arguing back and forth about who should be where.
It’s possible the younger one was missing her, or needed something that had been left in the house. It’s possible this is just the sort of thing they did, going back and forth between houses separately with the children. She hadn’t seen the children for minimum 2 days at this point, maybe she asked for them to bring one back.

a baby in the care of a drug addicted parent generally will be left alone with them. Drug addicts don’t usually construct their life so that there Is always someone else supervising. How do you think they go to work etc? It is, unfortunately, perfectly normal for a child with drug addicted parents to be alone with them

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The 'it' in the article refers to the spare bedroom - not heroin.

I've always read that Tom is pretty straight-laced despite his pretty 'out there' image. And that he hated Peaches doing drugs. Then again, I don't really know all that much about him.
Yeah I’ve read over it again and realised it was the way I was reading it

Reactions: 6
We don’t know why the grandfather took the youngest back so who knows. It’s possible peaches and Thomas had argued and he had left with the children, maybe there was so arguing back and forth about who should be where.
It’s possible the younger one was missing her, or needed something that had been left in the house. It’s possible this is just the sort of thing they did, going back and forth between houses separately with the children. She hadn’t seen the children for minimum 2 days at this point, maybe she asked for them to bring one back.

a baby in the care of a drug addicted parent generally will be left alone with them. Drug addicts don’t usually construct their life so that there Is always someone else supervising. How do you think they go to work etc? It is, unfortunately, perfectly normal for a child with drug addicted parents to be alone with them
I get what you're saying, and I agree that there are many aspects of the night of her death that is difficult to make sense of, and we don't know what went on in terms of possible arguments etc. Having said that, I personally can't imagine a single time where I would consider sending my baby to be alone for the night with a parent I suspected could be using heroin. Clearly we're all different, but that's just my point of view. I would rather risk my marriage with said person.

• Heart
@Eltonjohnsflorist you seem very invested in this. Are you ok hun? Did Elton cut his flower budget and threaten your livelihood as a result? 🤨
I just can’t quite get over the some of the naivety regarding addiction. Also I’m, you know, catching up with the last 10 pages of the thread at once, sorry if 3 posts seems over invested to you. I’ll check it’s ok next time.

I get what you're saying, and I agree that there are many aspects of the night of her death that is difficult to make sense of, and we don't know what went on in terms of possible arguments etc. Having said that, I personally can't imagine a single time where I would consider sending my baby to be alone for the night with a parent I suspected could be using heroin. Clearly we're all different, but that's just my point of view. I would rather risk my marriage with said person.
I would hazard a guess you would be very unlikely to end up in a marriage and having babies with a heroin addict and someone as completely fucked up as peaches though, tbf. Thomas has already made that move

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I agree with this I know not everyone fits the same mould I’m just saying in my personal experience of long term heroin addicts it has destroyed them, I also said in my post that I don’t mean to sound naive. I know I am not knowledgeable on addiction thats why I can only speak from my own personal experiences and encounters.
I have no knowledge of it either, I could be talking absolute shite :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
As they are an aphrodisiac my imagination has led me to believe they had staged this highly erotic scene and the only thing I can imagine to be illegal regarding the oyster is that he consumed it after it had been placed inside of her. 🥴🤮
Oh god. 🤮🤮🤮
You managed to make them more repulsive sounding. You evil genius.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Addiction is so complex, especially with the luxuries around Peaches that enabled her to be an addict, mainly safely.

From SS perspective it is such a high threshold to meet for there to be an intervention, not every drug abuser will have their children removed. I saw earlier in the thread about the babies being born addicted. There are lots of ways they will manage an addicts pregnancy, again even more so with the access to service and money Peaches would have had. An addicted baby is inconsolable, hospitals/SS have special staff sometimes called huggers to help them through the withdrawal. Heartbreaking.

And as for Tom, he was in an incredibly difficult position, where yes you would and should always put the children and their well-being first. Sadly when you are dealing with a addict who you love it can get extremely complicated.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I just can’t quite get over the some of the naivety regarding addiction. Also I’m, you know, catching up with the last 10 pages of the thread at once, sorry if 3 posts seems over invested to you. I’ll check it’s ok next time.

I would hazard a guess you would be very unlikely to end up in a marriage and having babies with a heroin addict and someone as completely fucked up as peaches though, tbf. Thomas has already made that move
I was only lightening the mood a little as this subject is so complex we will never come to a correct conclusion as people’s opinions on it are so wildly conflicted. But I think we can all agree that it was an awful situation for the little baby. Your username tickles me so I just humoured myself at your username not your opinions.

Reactions: 10
Why on Earth would there be a duty of care to tell HER HUSBAND that she was failing drug tests?
Well if I was the other parent I would want to know. Surely the drug test results would have been shared with social services, I'm sure the children were under the child and family team, so why wouldn't they have shared that info with the father, with the benefit of hindsight it was necessary. Now I will openly admit I have no experience with drug users but I am familiar with SS.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well if I was the other parent I would want to know. Surely the drug test results would have been shared with social services, I'm sure the children were under the child and family team, so why wouldn't they have shared that info with the father, with the benefit of hindsight it was necessary. Now I will openly admit I have no experience with drug users but I am familiar with SS.
I presume even between married people there is the issue of confidentiality. Added to that they would have got away with much more than your average addict mum on a council estate due to having money and maybe Thomas's parents being social workers. In any case, I bet Thomas has been asking himself all these questions over and over again since she died.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.