Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember feeling so shocked that her 11 month old baby had been completely alone in that huge house for 17 hours. He must have had an overfull, leaking nappy, been so hungry and thirsty. And no idea why. It's an absolute miracle that nothing happened to that little boy.
So scary to think about isn’t it. 😳😫

• Sad
Reactions: 3
As someone said upthread, they had already split and he was seeing someone else by the time of his death. No way were they tragically separated by death. I get the feeling Paula loved the drama and was always searching for it. She was the female equivalent of men who only love the chase then get bored when they have what they were chasing. Hutchence's death was another chapter in her star crossed lovers drama.

Yes her and Lawrence Fox lived in the country. She said that they all loved him because they thought he was a nice detective from Lewis but they thought she was a prostitute because she was in Secret Diary of a Call Girl :LOL:

'Mysify' is a really good documentary. It's so tragic what happened to him after that guy beat him up. His personality completely changed. And the Brit award thing was just dreadful. Cant remember whether it was Liam or Noel Gallagher. Sounds like a Liam thing. I loved INXS as a child and it really brought back to me how incredible they were. I loved Oasis too, but that realy put me off them.
It was Noel!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
It was Noel!
And then not long after that INXS released the single Elegantly Wasted. If you listen carefully to the “elegantly wasted“ line in the chorus, he’s singing “ahh better than Oasis“ in the background! I love Oasis but that was funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Why is everyone so keen to blame Thomas and his family for ‘allowing’ her to have her own children in her care? You can’t just refuse to give a child back to its mother! As a grandparent they have no access rights at all, regardless of whether their daughter in law was on a methadone programme. Peaches would have simply called the police who would have immediately given her her baby back, as social workers I imagine they knew how the system works and thus would have known to tread very carefully.

Reactions: 22
They would only have needed to tread very carefully if they were seeking to hide her drug use though. Perhaps they were and she knew that. Peaches, drug user though she was, due to her money and resources probably wouldn’t even have made the terrible parent list, in comparison to what social workers see in other families.

Reactions: 8
Why is everyone so keen to blame Thomas and his family for ‘allowing’ her to have her own children in her care? You can’t just refuse to give a child back to its mother! As a grandparent they have no access rights at all, regardless of whether their daughter in law was on a methadone programme. Peaches would have simply called the police who would have immediately given her her baby back, as social workers I imagine they knew how the system works and thus would have known to tread very carefully.
First of all, Thomas and Peaches were still very much in a relationship with each other as a married couple when this happened. You're talking about access rights as if they were divorced. And I don't know about you, but if I knew that the other parent of my children had an active heroin addiction, I would have absolutely no problem whatsoever making it perfectly clear to my partner that I wouldn't be comfortable leaving the baby in their sole care while I'm away. And as a grandparent, who also happens to be a social worker, I would have no problem delivering the same message. You can supportive of someone with an addiction problem without throwing your own child under the bus in an attempt to show them that you trust them.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Nope, that’s why I wrote in my original post ‘ this blind which I really can’t believe is true at all?! I heard from a friend of a friend who went to school with Thomas Cohen that he is incredibly nice.’... it just got me thinking about her
But by painstakingly copying out a "timeline" of events, you're giving it credibility, even if you genuinely think it's not true.

Reactions: 1
But by painstakingly copying out a "timeline" of events, you're giving it credibility, even if you genuinely think it's not true.
Not really... the timeline of events is more to aid the discussion about why peaches was left alone with her younger baby/what she was up to before. And as for ‘painstakingly’ copying, it took five seconds from this website, a national newspaper (albeit not my one of choice). So it must be of interest to some people.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/996348/peaches-geldofs-death-a-timeline/

Reactions: 5
Maybe Thomas was just naive in believing Peaches when she flushed the drugs away and promised it was just a lapse? We don’t know his experience of drugs and how streetwise he was about drug use compared to how much Peaches will have known. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt as he seems like a great dad and a devoted husband

Reactions: 18
Maybe Thomas was just naive in believing Peaches when she flushed the drugs away and promised it was just a lapse? We don’t know his experience of drugs and how streetwise he was about drug use compared to how much Peaches will have known. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt as he seems like a great dad and a devoted husband
From a 2014 article about the results of the inquest:

"At an inquest into her death, husband Thomas Cohen described his wife's two year harrowing addiction to heroin, how she kept the drug in their marital home with two son's, Astala, two, and one-year-old Phaedra, and how the journalist frequently covered up failed weekly drugs tests.

Musician Cohen told Gravesend Coroner's Court his wife, who he married in 2012, had been on a two year drug treatment programme and was clean from November 2013 until February this year.

The musician confirmed that he had gone to stay with his parents in south east London with the couple's two sons, and that she had seemed fine when he spoke to her on several occasions over the weekend.

The journalist, model and television presenter had started using heroin in again in February this year, Cohen, told the hearing.

And he had witnessed her flushing drugs she had hidden in the loft of their home in Wrotham, Kent, down the toilet."

So as you can see, he knew that she wasn't clean. He said so during the inquest. She had participated in a two year drug treatment programme, but had only managed to be clean for THREE MONTHS. Thomas and his parents had every reason to not to leave the children in her sole care.

Reactions: 13
I think the reason people are so flabbergasted by the events surrounding her last weekend alive are because, it seems that she was obviously struggling with her addictions again. I don’t mean to sound naive but I wouldn’t have thought looking at her on This Morning that she was shooting up. She looked so healthy in appearance and mind albeit very thin. From my own personal experiences long term heroin addiction has destroyed the addicts I know both in looks and in mind. She seems to have coasted along quite well given the severity of her addiction. To be shooting up while your children are present whilst also taking methadone does not seem like a causal user to me. It seems like she was dependent. Very sad story all round, lots of what ifs. Please god them little boys never go down a similar route.

I think the reason people are so flabbergasted by the events surrounding her last weekend alive are because, it seems that she was obviously struggling with her addictions again. I don’t mean to sound naive but I wouldn’t have thought looking at her on This Morning that she was shooting up. She looked so healthy in appearance and mind albeit very thin. From my own personal experiences long term heroin addiction has destroyed the addicts I know both in looks and in mind. She seems to have coasted along quite well given the severity of her addiction. To be shooting up while your children are present whilst also taking methadone does not seem like a causal user to me. It seems like she was dependent. Very sad story all round, lots of what ifs. Please god them little boys never go down a similar route.
I agree that she looked well & healthy, and not at all like a heroin addict on This Morning. She was on the TV show in November 2013 though, during her three months of sobriety (Nov 2013 - Feb 2014). That explains it. The doctor who performed her autopsy told the inquest hearing that there were many track marks on her arms and wrists at the time of her death in April 2014, both new and old. That indicates her relapse into addiction had been going on for quite some time - a few months back at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

"At an inquest into her death, husband Thomas Cohen described his wife's two year harrowing addiction to heroin, how she kept the drug in their marital home with two son's, Astala, two, and one-year-old Phaedra, and how the journalist frequently covered up failed weekly drugs tests.

Musician Cohen told Gravesend Coroner's Court his wife, who he married in 2012, had been on a two year drug treatment programme and was clean from November 2013 until February this year.

The musician confirmed that he had gone to stay with his parents in south east London with the couple's two sons, and that she had seemed fine when he spoke to her on several occasions over the weekend.

The journalist, model and television presenter had started using heroin in again in February this year, Cohen, told the hearing.

And he had witnessed her flushing drugs she had hidden in the loft of their home in Wrotham, Kent, down the toilet."

So as you can see, he knew that she wasn't clean. He said so during the inquest. She had participated in a two year drug treatment programme, but had only managed to be clean for THREE MONTHS. Thomas and his parents had every reason to not to leave the children in her sole care.
Just because you think they had every reason to, it still doesn’t mean that they had any legal right to keep her children from her.

Reactions: 6

So she must have been using with the first child? The youngest was 11month -9 months for pregnancy? If they threw £500 of drugs down the toilet in February, and they found similar amounts when she died, that seems to me someone with a real problem! I can imagine an addict with that amount of drugs in your house is not normal for most addicts?

Reactions: 6

No I know that, I referenced that in my post when I said he saw her flush it down the toilet

So she must have been using with the first child? The youngest was 11month -9 months for pregnancy? If they threw £500 of drugs down the toilet in February, and they found similar amounts when she died, that seems to me someone with a real problem! I can imagine an addict with that amount of drugs in your house is not normal for most addicts?
Not for most addicts I’d imagine but the heroin addicts I’ve met (that I know of) spend every bit of spare cash on a hit. I expect people in the public eye with money can afford to build up a stash so they don’t have to go a buy drugs on the reg

Reactions: 4
Just because you think they had every reason to, it still doesn’t mean that they had any legal right to keep her children from her.
Of course they did. Do you think children have no rights? Thomas would, as a legal guardian, have every right to protect his child from coming to harm by being in the care of someone under the influence of drugs. He would be acting in the best interests of the child, and as such be protected by law.

Besides, do you really think she would have called the police if Thomas said no to dropping the baby off? That sounds a bit dramatic, esp considering that she was in an active drug treatment programme and had a house full of gear. The police wouldn't have done anything.

Reactions: 20
I agree that she looked well & healthy, and not at all like a heroin addict on This Morning. She was on the TV show in November 2013 though, during her three months of sobriety (Nov 2013 - Feb 2014). That explains it. The doctor who performed her autopsy told the inquest hearing that there were many track marks on her arms and wrists at the time of her death in April 2014, both new and old. That indicates her relapse into addiction had been going on for quite some time - a few months back at least.
It is bizarre that the little one was brought back. I think any curious mind would speculate about the reasons for this. Maybe she just asked for him to come back or he was fretting for her we will never know the truth but it’s unbelievable that Thomas would not have been overly concerned about her not answering the phone for the large chunk of time especially knowing she had relapsed, was in charge of an infant and had posted a particularly poignant photo on social media. I don’t think anyone is blaming Thomas just wondering why he wasn’t alarmed into action sooner.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I had a on off relationship with a guy that had a one night stand with fifi. He met her at a bus stop and she took him back to her home. In the morning they were making breakfast and Bob geldof of came in and started shouting about who is this? She shouted back something like don't tell me you didn't get shagged last night? They must have been 18 ish at the time. Fifi used to call him all the time and one day bob called and said she had took an overdose and his number was the last number in the phone. He described the house was like one house with separate flats so the girls were in and out.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I had a on off relationship with a guy that had a one night stand with fifi. He met her at a bus stop and she took him back to her home. In the morning they were making breakfast and Bob geldof of came in and started shouting about who is this? She shouted back something like don't tell me you didn't get shagged last night? They must have been 18 ish at the time. Fifi used to call him all the time and one day bob called and said she had took an overdose and his number was the last number in the phone. He described the house was like one house with separate flats so the girls were in and out.
A bus stop 👀

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.