Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And she gets absolutely villified for it like she's a serial killer. I've seen her be interviewed by people out for her blood. That would never happen to a man.
There's loads of famous male rock stars who have countless kids and are estranged from at least one of them. The only comment you'll ever hear is "oh how sad, hopefully they'll reconcile". I've never heard anyone speculate on Rod Stewart's parenting skills.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
If you know somebody is an habitual heroin user, you don’t tend to worry of them dying from an overdose & that when you cannot get hold of them it’s because they are sleeping or nodding out. Like an alcoholic, if you can’t get hold of them you assume their too pissed or they have passed out asleep - as this is normal for them. Then you contact them the next day and something has happened like they’ve fallen and died from head injury or they’ve choked on their own vomit. But you don’t think of these things as falling asleep or whatever is just normal for them.

Reactions: 18
If you know somebody is an habitual heroin user, you don’t tend to worry of them dying from an overdose & that when you cannot get hold of them it’s because they are sleeping or nodding out. Like an alcoholic, if you can’t get hold of them you assume their too pissed or they have passed out asleep - as this is normal for them. Then you contact them the next day and something has happened like they’ve fallen and died from head injury or they’ve choked on their own vomit. But you don’t think of these things as falling asleep or whatever is just normal for them.
I agree completely. But their baby was with her

Reactions: 23
Thats what I think, they just thought she was asleep, but she had a baby in her sole care! If they thought she was asleep, I would have at least got someone to go round to check the baby was OK and in bed before they had gone to sleep. Their main responsibility should have been to make sure the baby was OK. Neither Thomas or his parents seemed to have done that, judging by their accounts. Maybe because the dad is a social worker they were afraid he would lose his job so are covering some fo their behaviour up.

Reactions: 22
I remember feeling so shocked that her 11 month old baby had been completely alone in that huge house for 17 hours. He must have had an overfull, leaking nappy, been so hungry and thirsty. And no idea why. It's an absolute miracle that nothing happened to that little boy.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Angie has said Duncan never wanted to know because she couldn't provide the lifestyle and the money that David could do. That was the issue. If that's correct it says more about Duncan than her.
Its a miracle that Peaches son was O.K. after being left for hours by himself. He could have burned the house down or had a bad accident etc.
Angie was very young when she had Duncan and she's said in the past David really wanted a child after his father passed away so she had one for him. I'm not sure she ever wanted children to be honest. When they split, Duncan was mostly looked after by a nanny and then sent to boarding school. DB was off his face on drugs for years so it's not like he was a hands on father but he paid someone to look after Duncan. He was never vilified the way Angie was. I'm not defending Angie as a parent at all but the double standards when it comes to parenting is outrageous. An absent father doesn't even get acknowledged, an absent mother is treated worse than a murderer in the press.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I remember feeling so shocked that her 11 month old baby had been completely alone in that huge house for 17 hours. He must have had an overfull, leaking nappy, been so hungry and thirsty. And no idea why. It's an absolute miracle that nothing happened to that little boy.
I think it was almost fortunate he was that age. Not so young that 17 hrs without food/fluid would be life threatening, but young enough that he either wasn’t able to walk well/wasn’t dexterous/was stuck in his cot/would have slept a bit due to dehydration, crying and hunger.

However I agree with everyone saying that she never should have been left in sole charge of either child. Really irresponsible and stupid.

Reactions: 32
Not to defend Sir Gob but you can't fault him for not wanting two drug addicts to take his kids to the other side of the planet. Not many parents would say "yes, have a good flight".
No I agree. But I remember that argument being used to explain why Michael may have been depressed.

Reactions: 6
Thats what I think, they just thought she was asleep, but she had a baby in her sole care! If they thought she was asleep, I would have at least got someone to go round to check the baby was OK and in bed before they had gone to sleep. Their main responsibility should have been to make sure the baby was OK. Neither Thomas or his parents seemed to have done that, judging by their accounts. Maybe because the dad is a social worker they were afraid he would lose his job so are covering some fo their behaviour up.
Yeah, there's definitely something more to it but I don't think we'll ever know what really happened.

Reactions: 9
I think it was almost fortunate he was that age. Not so young that 17 hrs without food/fluid would be life threatening, but young enough that he either wasn’t able to walk well/wasn’t dexterous/was stuck in his cot/would have slept a bit due to dehydration, crying and hunger.

However I agree with everyone saying that she never should have been left in sole charge of either child. Really irresponsible and stupid.
I’d imagine she would have settled him into bed for the night, bathed, fed and fresh. Hopefully he was a good sleeper and slept through the night and then although he would have gotten very upset a while after waking when nobody was responding to him I feel like maybe he must have been asleep when Thomas got to the house as surely he would have went to the room from which the baby’s screaming could be heard but instead he went to the spare room found Peaches dead and then went on to find the baby in whatever room he was. I really hope that the little boy slept for the vast majority of the time he was alone. ❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Angie was very young when she had Duncan and she's said in the past David really wanted a child after his father passed away so she had one for him. I'm not sure she ever wanted children to be honest. When they split, Duncan was mostly looked after by a nanny and then sent to boarding school. DB was off his face on drugs for years so it's not like he was a hands on father but he paid someone to look after Duncan. He was never vilified the way Angie was. I'm not defending Angie as a parent at all but the double standards when it comes to parenting is outrageous. An absent father doesn't even get acknowledged, an absent mother is treated worse than a murderer in the press.
I think this, in a way, is why people are so shocked by Peaches, as a mother of 2, being a heroin addict. Society expects mothers to put their children before themselves every second of every day & throw off any perceived self centred desires.
So people cannot conceive that actually as someone with childhood trauma who clearly struggled with life before children she was going to struggle with motherhood (especially with 2kids in a year) & turn to her old dysfunctional coping mechanisms.
Motherhood can be indescribably amazing but it can be dull, monotonous & so unbelievable exhausting. Realising what society’s expectations of you as a mother are & that they aren’t the same for fathers can be deflating & soul-destroying.
Peaches was clearly struggling with motherhood but instead of being able to freely admit it she felt compelled to tell all & sundry she was a purist parent.
The narrative around motherhood & the vastly lower standard expected of men needs to be changed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
I reckon their sex life was crazy wild since he was certainly no slouch in that department himself. Paula said the first time they were together (like together together) he did at least six things in the first thirty minutes she was sure were illegal, including something involving an oyster...
This has been living rent free in my mind since I read it. 🦪

All I can think of is putting the oyster up his/her bum? I'm not very imaginative.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think this, in a way, is why people are so shocked by Peaches, as a mother of 2, being a heroin addict. Society expects mothers to put their children before themselves every second of every day & throw off any perceived self centred desires.
So people cannot conceive that actually as someone with childhood trauma who clearly struggled with life before children she was going to struggle with motherhood (especially with 2kids in a year) & turn to her old dysfunctional coping mechanisms.
Motherhood can be indescribably amazing but it can be dull, monotonous & so unbelievable exhausting. Realising what society’s expectations of you as a mother are & that they aren’t the same for fathers can be deflating & soul-destroying.
Peaches was clearly struggling with motherhood but instead of being able to freely admit it she felt compelled to tell all & sundry she was a purist parent.
The narrative around motherhood & the vastly lower standard expected of men needs to be changed.
Absolutely this. I was in my 30's when I had my children, had had an absolute blast in my 20's, had a good job and a house, marriage, did everything right and I found it bloody hard , boring and a huge shock to the system. The media portrays motherhood as some kind of higher calling and all mothers must be saints or sinners. The parenting 'experts' and celebs who are always the 'First Woman To Ever Give Birth' are complicit in this. The reality is an almighty shock to many.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
This has been living rent free in my mind since I read it. 🦪

All I can think of is putting the oyster up his/her bum? I'm not very imaginative.
I feel like I'm fairly open minded, but I can't imagine a time where I would ever have been impressed with seafood making an appearance in my bedroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
*stands up and claps*. You nailed it. The expectation of motherhood is horrible and unrealistic and puts women under horrible pressure, no wonder so many crumble or get massively depressed. We also need to stop selling motherhood as the answer to all problems for women that may be struggling in other aspects of their lives. Not fair on women or their children.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She pinched Pete Doherty's bum at Live 8 and whisper something suggestive to him before he went on stage. She was 16 then. I wonder who got her into it. She clearly fancied him.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I feel like I'm fairly open minded, but I can't imagine a time where I would ever have been impressed with seafood making an appearance in my bedroom.
I feel like mentioning the oyster sets the scene for some cringeworthy behaviour with aphrodisiac’s aplenty and both of them trying to outdo the other with the sexual acts until it became more hunger games than olympics 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Absolutely this. I was in my 30's when I had my children, had had an absolute blast in my 20's, had a good job and a house, marriage, did everything right and I found it bloody hard , boring and a huge shock to the system. The media portrays motherhood as some kind of higher calling and all mothers must be saints or sinners. The parenting 'experts' and celebs who are always the 'First Woman To Ever Give Birth' are complicit in this. The reality is an almighty shock to many.
Yep the Daily bleeping Mail idea of a mother & there only being one way to be a mother that’s right.

*stands up and claps*. You nailed it. The expectation of motherhood is horrible and unrealistic and puts women under horrible pressure, no wonder so many crumble or get massively depressed. We also need to stop selling motherhood as the answer to all problems for women that may be struggling in other aspects of their lives. Not fair on women or their children.
Thanks 🥰. Yep, people who have the dysfunctional childhoods that the Geldof kids had need to be directed to therapy before having kids. Particularly where there’s a family history of addiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.