Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not from my experience, all my friends from Uni had their children the same late teens and twenties. No one had them in their 30s and 40s, they were all grandparents at this point or coming upto it.
Blimey really? None of my friends had kids in their 20's. We all went to university. The youngest person 8n my next group was 28 and that was by some way-I was the next youngest at 34.

Reactions: 11
Attachment parenting isn’t just about baby wearing or breastfeeding. You’re supposed to practice ‘non-confrontational discipline’ which means responding to your babies crying in the correct manner and as they get older, give them the space to freely express themselves. I remember seeing it on Super Nanny. The kids would be feral little horrors while the harassed parents would be pulling their hair, trying to ‘open a discussion’ with 3 year old Johnny about why it’s wrong to try and stab his baby sister with a pair of scissors. Instead of just telling them ‘NO!’

I think maybe to Peaches, AP was just another fad like all the religions she tried. She seems to have been searching for something that she could never quite find, whether that was sense of peace or whatever. I never really liked her, but I do find it incredibly sad. I hope those boys get the support they need growing up.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Attachment parenting isn’t just about baby wearing or breastfeeding. You’re supposed to practice ‘non-confrontational discipline’ which means responding to your babies crying in the correct manner and as they get older, give them the space to freely express themselves. I remember seeing it on Super Nanny. The kids would be feral little horrors while the harassed parents would be pulling their hair, trying to a ‘open a discussion’ with 3 year old Johnny about why it’s wrong to try and stab his baby sister with a pair of scissors. Instead of just telling them ‘NO!’

I think maybe to Peaches, AP was just another fad like all the religions she tried. She seems to have been searching for something that she could never quite find, whether that was sense of peace or whatever. I never really liked her, but I do find it incredibly sad. I hope those boys get the support they need growing up.
I agree I’d imagine she used Heroin to fill up the chronic emptiness she carried around within her. I think she was a very troubled soul.

Reactions: 12
Blimey really? None of my friends had kids in their 20's. We all went to university. The youngest person 8n my next group was 28 and that was by some way-I was the next youngest at 34.
Yes I was just discussing this, even the ones that did post grads had their kids in their mid 20s. The only person I know who had children older was my hairdresser who had them in her early 40s. My friends were not very affluent though like Peaches, they were more, teaching and health professionals etc.X

Reactions: 3
I'd also like to know why they bought a house with a granny flat. Who did they have or think would live there?
They had live-in childcare not long after they moved into that house. Not sure if that was still the case when Peaches died though.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Where was Bob in Peaches life? he doesn't seem to be very prominent and that's a shame considering what happened to Paula. If it was because Peaches was using then that's more of a reason to stay in someone's life not less.

Reactions: 4
Where was Bob in Peaches life? he doesn't seem to be very prominent and that's a shame considering what happened to Paula. If it was because Peaches was using then that's more of a reason to stay in someone's life not less.
He doesn't seem to be prominent in any of his kids' lives. Isn't it the case that relatives of drug users are told to distance themselves? That's what I heard, to not enable them or something? I don't know.

On the other side, the kids were grown up and living their own lives.

I read in this book about Paula Yates that even as teenagers the kids were basically living in self-contained flats in the family home in the country side...

I don't know what to make of Bob. Saint Bob? Or Selfish Bob?

Peaches wasn't just a crap parent though - if the babies were born addicted (again this is just speculation from anecdotes about her use) there would have been involvement.
I hate seeing the ‘addicted babies’ theory being pushed again and again in here. Nobody knows that. Again, it’s extremely common for addicts to clean themselves up when trying for a baby or when they find out they are pregnant. I’ve seen addicts go cold turkey and not touch drugs the whole time they are pregnant and breast feeding. And once they are done with bf, they start using again. It’s VERY common. Addicts are always encouraged to go on BC which implies to me that they were actively trying for a baby - why would you do that KNOWING you are an addict or in a relationship with one. Again, nobody knows the full story, but the comments here pushing the worst case scenario are very morbid.

I think we will have to start a new thread soon (no idea how to do it). Do we want to open it up to more of a general Geldof chat?

Reactions: 7
I think we will have to start a new thread soon (no idea how to do it). Do we want to open it up to more of a general Geldof chat?
Good idea.

I always thought that Fifi looked very much like the nanny, Anita.
Very different from Paula and the three sisters. Fifi was also more reserved towards Paula

Reactions: 5
I hate seeing the ‘addicted babies’ theory being pushed again and again in here. Nobody knows that. Again, it’s extremely common for addicts to clean themselves up when trying for a baby or when they find out they are pregnant. I’ve seen addicts go cold turkey and not touch drugs the whole time they are pregnant and breast feeding. And once they are done with bf, they start using again. It’s VERY common. Addicts are always encouraged to go on BC which implies to me that they were actively trying for a baby - why would you do that KNOWING you are an addict or in a relationship with one. Again, nobody knows the full story, but the comments here pushing the worst case scenario are very morbid.
It's not a theory and I agree, no one knows besides her family and healthcare providers. I and a few others speculated on the information that was made public from the coroner's inquest and a few inconsistencies in Peaches' interviews.

Reactions: 2
yeah, like a peaches geldof/paula yates/geldof sisters and a tw on the first page for drug discussions, so people can make up their minds to read

Reactions: 10
During the inquest hearing, Tom said that Peaches had been on methadone for 2.5 years at the time of her death. Her sons were 11 and 23 months respectively at the time of her death. If you do the maths, you can work out that she started on methadone at 3 months pregnant with the eldest child, meaning she used methadone during both pregnancies. And most likely heroin during the first three months of pregnancy no 1.

Reactions: 15
I was very much the outlier of my university friends ,the first to marry and have a child in my mid 20’s. Also the first to divorce. The second divorce in the group came along more quickly than the second baby!

Reactions: 4
During the inquest hearing, Tom said that Peaches had been on methadone for 2.5 years at the time of her death. Her sons were 11 and 23 months respectively at the time of her death. If you do the maths, you can work out that she started on methadone at 3 months pregnant with the eldest child, meaning she used methadone during both pregnancies. And most likely heroin during the first three months of pregnancy no 1.
Addicts come off methadone and go back on it ALL THE TIME. Just because she had a prescription and because he said she’d been in recovery (being on methadone is classed as being in recovery) for 2.5 years, doesn’t mean she was taking it every day consistently. It’s common to be completely clean for months and then to relapse during difficult times and have to go back on methadone. lol it’s like commenters in here WANT peaches to have given birth to addicted babies. There is as much the possibility she had clean pregnancies, as she didn’t. The poor girls dead ffs.

Reactions: 8
Through work so I can’t say much more unfortunately.
If you were involved in peaches case should you even be on this thread (forgive me if I’ve read your posts wrong!!)

My husband and I have two university degrees each and i am expecting my first baby at 31, husband is 32. Majority of my friends were either 28+ with their first kid or don’t have kids yet (99% of us have university degrees)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.