Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

These were her last two interviews, re: The debate about her usage of heroin or methadone in pregnancies, she states that
- she was told she couldn't conceive due to PCOS
- she had an ectopic pregnancy in the 2010 (she doesn't reveal the father but I strongly assume it was Eli Roth)
- she only found out she was expecting Astala when she was 5 months gone.

Now, how much truth there is to any or all of those statements is anyone's guess 🤷‍♀️
Peaches did the same thing that Paula did in interviews, they were both disarmingly candid but you get the sense of a lot of embellishment going on 🧐

Reactions: 16
@Topaz I read an interview with Tom where he stated they didn't find out she was pregnant with Astala until pretty far into the pregnancy. She announced it to the press when she was 6 months pregnant so the timeline makes sense. Because of this I think she was still partying/using until at least 5 months into that pregnancy. Have no proof of this, of course.

Tom mentioned in the same interview that he fell in love with Peaches at first sight. The interview was meant to be promo for his album (2 years after Peaches death) but mostly ended up being about her.

Reactions: 5
My tuppence worth on the the AP thing... at the the beginning of the This Morning interview Peaches says about disliking that it has a label. My thoughts are Peaches and AP, is like vegetarians who still eat bacon and wear leather etc. They just pick the bits they like and slap the umbrella label on it.

Reactions: 13
If I had a pound for every time I heard a woman say she’d been told she couldn’t conceive due to PCOS, but actually had no issues conceiving whatsoever, I’d be rich 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
@Topaz I read an interview with Tom where he stated they didn't find out she was pregnant with Astala until pretty far into the pregnancy. She announced it to the press when she was 6 months pregnant so the timeline makes sense. Because of this I think she was still partying/using until at least 5 months into that pregnancy. Have no proof of this, of course.

Tom mentioned in the same interview that he fell in love with Peaches at first sight. The interview was meant to be promo for his album (2 years after Peaches death) but mostly ended up being about her.
So for those first 5 months, she could have been still using heroin, completely oblivious to the pregnancy 🙁 With both her pregnancies being unplanned (no judgement, been there myself) would there have been a rush to get her onto a methadone/weaning program? Maybe with Phaedra she was already doing that. But her poor body was under so much stress the last few years - weight loss, drugs, withdrawal, back to back pregnancies, relapse, and she must have been mentally and physically exhausted.

I felt so sorry for Tom when he cancelled his tour. I'm glad he put himself and his MH first. He must be brokenhearted over Peaches, the trauma of finding her. How do you ever get over that? 😪

• Sad
Reactions: 9

These were her last two interviews, re: The debate about her usage of heroin or methadone in pregnancies, she states that
- she was told she couldn't conceive due to PCOS
- she had an ectopic pregnancy in the 2010 (she doesn't reveal the father but I strongly assume it was Eli Roth)
- she only found out she was expecting Astala when she was 5 months gone.

Now, how much truth there is to any or all of those statements is anyone's guess 🤷‍♀️
Peaches did the same thing that Paula did in interviews, they were both disarmingly candid but you get the sense of a lot of embellishment going on 🧐
Well that interview with Aga magazine was nothing but embellishment by the sound of it. She really was living in her own reality it would seem.

Reactions: 10
If I had a pound for every time I heard a woman say she’d been told she couldn’t conceive due to PCOS, but actually had no issues conceiving whatsoever, I’d be rich 😄
Lauryn Goodman and her miracle swag baby 😂
🌍💫✨🔮📿👶🏻⚽

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Found this on youtube:

The Tube was before my time which I'm really sad about!! It's the sort of show I would have loved - I actually wish we had something similar now. You can definitely see how cool Paula was, quirky, whimsical and super sexy. I thought her and Jools were very sweet together, seemed like a brother/sister type relationship. But I seriously don't think she knew how to deal with men in any sort of normal way, it always had to be excessive flirtation. When they're on the bed you can see her taking Jools' hand but he doesn't respond at all. And her body language on the bed!!! Yikes. Having her legs spread like that and lifting her top - it's like she could never turn it off. I'd be interested to know if she had any female friends because I would imagine other women would find it really tiresome. Again, pure speculation on my part, but the hypersexuality makes me wonder if she was abused as a child? That would explain quite a lot.
Yes poor Paula she really went through a lot of family trauma with even her conception being the result of her mother being raped (while drugged up by her husband) who then let his friend do whatever he liked to paula's mother.
Her mother also writes about domestic violence (her husband jess yates tried to kill her) and drink and fighting and paula growing up seeing her father being very sexually indiscret and knowing that her mother had quite a few affairs?
So it could go some way to explaining paula's issues?
That and the fact that she never really knew her real dad and in a sense never really knew who she was or where she came from?
To be honest its all very bleak and sad and it really sounds like Paula had a hellish childhood tbh.
Screenshot_20210210-002021.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-002029.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-003204.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-002048.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-002054.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-002106.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-002122.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-002131.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-002138.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-002146.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I absolutely loved following Peaches and her boys on Instagram.

A few things I noticed were around 2 months before her death she started to look more gaunt and unhealthy in her photos. At this time she also posted quite often about Elliott Smith. I remember this because I listened to his music off the back of her posts.

I’m sure Anita, )formally Peaches’ nanny) was also caring for or was at least very involved with the boys. - From my understanding Anita is like family to the Geldof’s.

I followed Anita on Instagram at the time and I got a strong sense that she knew a lot about Peaches’ situation based on her posts following Peaches death.

I bet Anita has some stories!!

Reactions: 12
FEF9C8C9-1EFF-4016-B8F3-77D1BC4BBBFF.jpeg

Going through the other forum threads posted about Peaches - love a conspiracy theory when you can’t sleep! This pic was taken in September 2011 - Astala was born in the following April. She would have been 2 months pregnant here 😬

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
He doesn't seem to be prominent in any of his kids' lives. Isn't it the case that relatives of drug users are told to distance themselves? That's what I heard, to not enable them or something? I don't know.

On the other side, the kids were grown up and living their own lives.

I read in this book about Paula Yates that even as teenagers the kids were basically living in self-contained flats in the family home in the country side...

I don't know what to make of Bob. Saint Bob? Or Selfish Bob?
Couldn't be arsed Bob

Reactions: 8
Couldn't be arsed Bob
I’ve been absolutely obsessed and fascinated by this thread, it’s been a real eye opener for me.
I remember being shocked but not really surprised when peaches died, same feeling I had with Amy Winehouse really.
I’ve just been googling Bob Geldof and I’ve just read that he proposed to his now wife the day after peaches funeral! Does anyone agree that that’s totally inappropriate? It’s like “ok the funeral is out the way let’s crack on”

• Wow
Reactions: 26
He doesn't seem to be prominent in any of his kids' lives. Isn't it the case that relatives of drug users are told to distance themselves? That's what I heard, to not enable them or something? I don't know.

On the other side, the kids were grown up and living their own lives.

I read in this book about Paula Yates that even as teenagers the kids were basically living in self-contained flats in the family home in the country side...

I don't know what to make of Bob. Saint Bob? Or Selfish Bob?
I personally have never heard of relatives being told to distance themselves. And family support is one of the key aspects of many users care plans. Thats on the basis that they have a positive relationship, and there are no issues of course. Family support has been integral for me. Obviously i cant talk for everybody but only on my own experience, and what my drugs workers tell me.

View attachment 428333
Going through the other forum threads posted about Peaches - love a conspiracy theory when you can’t sleep! This pic was taken in September 2011 - Astala was born in the following April. She would have been 2 months pregnant here 😬
She looked particularly unwell in these photos with a grey pallor and very thin. I think she got pregnant at one of the worst times of her addiction.

I’ve been absolutely obsessed and fascinated by this thread, it’s been a real eye opener for me.
I remember being shocked but not really surprised when peaches died, same feeling I had with Amy Winehouse really.
I’ve just been googling Bob Geldof and I’ve just read that he proposed to his now wife the day after peaches funeral! Does anyone agree that that’s totally inappropriate? It’s like “ok the funeral is out the way let’s crack on”
Very strange, especially as they had been together for about twenty years. I think the man has the emotional depth of a puddle. Looking back, I think his fight for his children was mostly about himself as he certainly didn't seem to do much after he got custody.

Reactions: 11
She looked particularly unwell in these photos with a grey pallor and very thin. I think she got pregnant at one of the worst times of her addiction.

Very strange, especially as they had been together for about twenty years. I think the man has the emotional depth of a puddle. Looking back, I think his fight for his children was mostly about himself as he certainly didn't seem to do much after he got custody.
Yes and she also has track marks on her arms :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6

Someone further up posted about Peaches having an ectopic pregnancy and they suspected possibly to Eli Roth, how sad if this was the case in these pictures. It does seem like she’s pregnant, but it might just be an unflattering outfit.
The 2010 date matches though.

• Wow
  • Sad
Yeah

Someone further up posted about Peaches having an ectopic pregnancy and they suspected possibly to Eli Roth, how sad if this was the case in these pictures. It does seem like she’s pregnant, but it might just be an unflattering outfit.
The 2010 date matches though.
How awful is that article! So misogynistic. I'd like to think that in 10 years that kind of thing has became seriously frowned upon.

Actually thinking about it the daily mail would now upload that picture with a title like 'super skinny peaches shows of her endless pins' just to bait comments....

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve just been googling Bob Geldof and I’ve just read that he proposed to his now wife the day after peaches funeral! Does anyone agree that that’s totally inappropriate? It’s like “ok the funeral is out the way let’s crack on

Couldn't disagree more. The guy had just buried his daughter, he was in a long term relationship with his now wife, I think he was trying to find some light at the end of the tunnel. It's not like he was dancing on her grave.

Reactions: 11
I sort of can understand the timing of Bob's proposal, Peaches death possibly made him weigh up his life and he decided this was what he wanted and life was too short to wait.
I tried to make sense of the other forums posts, the numerology stuff left me bewildered and I almost gave up, but I did find some images of Peaches fascinating. Who photoshopped them, her or someone else?
Yes she had track marks, but typically she had an excuse at the ready, it was a skin condition.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.