Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Peaches could have been a tattler..

It may be a coincidence, but I was searching the Melody Nelson name to find the link to the Facebook page, and a Melody Nelson is mentioned in an old Sali Hughes thread where someone asks where she went and someone else mentions her having a baby boy...
She was on an old forum I was on and used to post under her real name.

Reactions: 8
What annoys me the most is that we even have names for different parenting styles. Surely we all do what we feel is best for our children (within reason, of course). I have friends with children who have done things similarly to me and other things differently and I wouldn’t say that any of our similarly aged children are better than one another. They have all developed in different ways, i.e some were talking earlier than others, or walking earlier than others but are all where they expected to be age wise. No concerns at school etc. I believe that as long as your children are safe, fed, bathed and clothed the in between bits are up to you 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I’d say it depends on your demographic. For educated, affluent, middle class types, it’s pretty unusual to be married with a couple of kids at 25.

I am far from affluent but none of my friends had kids before they hit 30.
Not from my experience, all my friends from Uni had their children the same late teens and twenties. No one had them in their 30s and 40s, they were all grandparents at this point or coming upto it.

Reactions: 2

It may be a coincidence, but I was searching the Melody Nelson name to find the link to the Facebook page, and a Melody Nelson is mentioned in an old Sali Hughes thread where someone asks where she went and someone else mentions her having a baby boy...
Is tattle around that long?

Reactions: 6
I just finished reading the book by Paula's former friend and publicist.
It seems that Paula was quite manipulative.

It is not true though that Paula died on Peaches' 10th birthday - the book refers to it being Pixie's birthday, so I checked the dates and it was indeed Pixie's birthday, not Peaches' birthday.

There are conflicting accounts as to whether Paula was clean, took drugs, drank... all very similar to the different accounts relating to Peaches.

I feel very sorry for Peaches and her sisters. I hope that they all had and have good therapists, they certainly had a lot of drama in their younger years.

Reactions: 11
Not from my experience, all my friends from Uni had their children the same late teens and twenties. No one had them in their 30s and 40s, they were all grandparents at this point or coming upto it.
Your experience is anecdotal. Statistics show that in women, the higher the education level, the later in life they have their first child.

Reactions: 28
I recently read that Paula Yates died on Pixie's 10th birthday. That seems incredibly sad. It seems that Paula didn't have a heroin addiction though, as the coroner ruled that her death was not a suicide, but a result of "foolish and incautious" behaviour. A friend disclosed during the inquest that Paula had not taken illegal drugs for nearly two years, and the coroner concluded that though the amount she had taken would not have killed an addict, as "an unsophisticated taker of heroin", Yates had no tolerance to the drug.

If Paula didn't have a heroin addiction, why would she choose to take heroin when in the presence of her 4 year old? That doesn't make any sense to me. If she had an addiction and her judgement was clouded due to that, sure. But just "for fun"? Seems odd to me.
Trouble is drugs are fun. & heroin is nice. If it wasn’t, people wouldn’t use it. People use it all the time as an occasional treat. Tolerance was either low or gear was higher quality than usual. It’s no different to mothers that drink 2+ bottles of wine a night when the kids are asleep. Alcohol is the biggest killer out of all drugs available. Heroin is very highly stigmatised therefore people that have no experience, do not understand it. Which in itself, is understandable.

Reactions: 29
Trouble is drugs are fun. & heroin is nice. If it wasn’t, people wouldn’t use it. People use it all the time as an occasional treat. Tolerance was either low or gear was higher quality than usual. It’s no different to mothers that drink 2+ bottles of wine a night when the kids are asleep. Alcohol is the biggest killer out of all drugs available. Heroin is very highly stigmatised therefore people that have no experience, do not understand it. Which in itself, is understandable.
Hmmmmm, I don't think Paula or Peaches used it for fun tbh. And I totally agree about the alcohol thing but if either had drank two bottles and passed out they would probably still be here.

Reactions: 10
Yes just because your mates/ enablers say things doesnt mean they are true. All the ' she was teetotal' well you can not drink alcohol and still do drugs, I presume!
Maybe they thought she was clean and sober. People were so shocked when I announced I was going back into treatment and that I’d been using for 5 years behind everyone’s backs. I can still remember my ex boyfriend’s face when I told him. He saw me night and day the whole time. Just proves you never really know someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Melody Nelson is the title of an album/album art work by Serge Gainsbourg in the 70’s so probably quite a popular pseudonym for some arty types

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've enjoyed your insight into this and your experience with addiction has been an eye opener for me, maybe I'm naive but I think its a stretch to call heroin use normal and compare it to wine. Although drinking two bottles of wine a night isn't in the norms either.

Reactions: 18
Maybe it also depends on where you live and what your friends do
It definitely depends on the culture and surroundings. I know any friends and cousins etc I kept in touch with back in Ireland got married in their late 20s or 30s didn't have kids until their 30s (I'm in my late 30s for reference) but here people seem to get married and start having kids earlier. But by the same token a lot of those people have gotten divorced and are on second or third marriages 🤣 I think 25 is so young to have kids or even be married. When I think of what I was like at that age I didn't have a clue who I was or what I wanted.

Reactions: 6
I've enjoyed your insight into this and your experience with addiction has been an eye opener for me, maybe I'm naive but I think its a stretch to call heroin use normal and compare it to wine. Although drinking two bottles of wine a night isn't in the norms either.
You can fall over, hit your head and have a brain haemorrhage. You can choke yourself vomiting in your sleep. You can put a pizza in the oven and fall asleep and set the kitchen a light. The possibility’s are endless when it comes to drink and drugs. I am very much of the same opinion across the board of all substances, I hear of mums in the playground joking on how they sank 2/3 bottles of wine, kids are in bed. I think I’d be hung draw and quartered if I joked the same on any other substance.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve just had a read through and what a great thread! I was a North Londoner in the late 90s (lots of reminiscing in the Primrose Hill thread) and sadly the lifestyle got the better of many.

Peaches death really struck me at the time, and there used to be a fab thread on the David Icke forum. Peaches was heavily into the occult - she even had OTO tattooed on her arm. This isn’t crystals and sound baths, this is deep and nasty stuff and I hate to think of the crowds she ended up blending with.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I’ve just had a read through and what a great thread! I was a North Londoner in the late 90s (lots of reminiscing in the Primrose Hill thread) and sadly the lifestyle got the better of many.

Peaches death really struck me at the time, and there used to be a fab thread on the David Icke forum. Peaches was heavily into the occult - she even had OTO tattooed on her arm. This isn’t crystals and sound baths, this is deep and nasty stuff and I hate to think of the crowds she ended up blending with.
Oh wow what is the OTO?

Reactions: 5
You can fall over, hit your head and have a brain haemorrhage. You can choke yourself vomiting in your sleep. You can put a pizza in the oven and fall asleep and set the kitchen a light. The possibility’s are endless when it comes to drink and drugs. I am very much of the same opinion across the board of all substances, I hear of mums in the playground joking on how they sank 2/3 bottles of wine, kids are in bed. I think I’d be hung draw and quartered if I joked the same on any other substance.
I have never heard mums joking about downing 2-3 bottles of wine, in the playground or anywhere else for that matter. 2-3 glasses, sure. 2-3 bottles would cause eyebrows to be lifted, for sure - it's just not socially accepted to drink that much. I also think it's massively different having a few glasses (2-3) of wine, compared to purchasing an illegal street drug from a dealer and injecting it in the presence of your children.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is true but people can drink alcohol in moderation, not so much with heroin.

Reactions: 9
It seems we’ve reached the end of the gossip re Peaches & we’re just arguing & repeating ourselves on here now 😂 (bit like the end of a drunken night out)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.