Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was it Sinead O'Connor? I think she converted to Islam at one point and has had a lot of mental health problems. Was she a middle aged skinhead?

Reactions: 15
Sinead O Connor

Reactions: 7
Well done, thats amazing. x

Reactions: 9
When I started this thread I honestly didn’t think anyone would really respond and I was being a bit weird reminiscing about Peaches. Honestly I’ve learnt so much listening to everyone and learning about addiction and your achievements. Thanks so much for your stories and taking the time to chat.

Reactions: 78
I really don't mean to moderate or be "that person", isn't rehab supposed to be confidential, sleb or not?

Reactions: 21
A friend of mine ended up addicted to codeine, initially borrowing their parents as a teen and then getting it prescribed under false pretences, buying cough medicine off the internet etc. Really opened my eyes to how dangerous prescription opiates can be, they lost their marriage and imperilled their whole career. We had no idea until it all came out, we knew them about a decade before we realise and their long term partner had not known for years either. Once we knew a lot of wierd stuff about this person suddenly made sense (behaviour wise)

Reactions: 9
This is slightly OT, I’ve been reading this thread for a few days and just wondering.. If someone like Peaches is known to services, probably on a methadone program etc.. how does she not get arrested for possession? Does that just not happen to celebrities or would it not happen to anyone. Surely if someone is a known user wouldn’t the police go round and could arrest them on possession? Especially if she had a lot in the house. I just don’t get it. I hear of people being arrested for having weed which to me seems so minor in comparison. Sorry if that’s a daft question I really know nothing about this world.

Reactions: 7
On a less serious note, I found the phantom hand article, turns out the house had a past.

Reactions: 8
I think she probably had bought the methadone as when on a methadone program if you test positive for any drugs you get kicked off the program, so it’s not known if she was know to drug and alcohol services. It’s not illegal to take drugs. They would not be able to go in her house without a warrant. She was just lucky I guess.

Reactions: 1
On a less serious note from me (and slightly off topic) Kat Slater used to live in the house behind my friend’s parents house and apparently used to have loud sex in the garden.

Reactions: 45
On a less serious note from me (and slightly off topic) Kat Slater used to live in the house behind my friend’s parents house and apparently used to have loud sex in the garden
Is this the actress who played Kat slater or is there someone else actually called Kat slater

Reactions: 16
It really is so sad. And many unanswered questions. I didn't know about the train row. That seems too trivial to have caused him to leave with the kids for the weekend. She carried on as though it was trivial though, going shopping etc.

Reactions: 4
The actress! apparently the press were knocking on people’s doors for a scoop. I think there was some drama at the time because her fiancé sent pics of her naked to someone else, it was a very z list scandal

Reactions: 6
It really is so sad. And many unanswered questions. I didn't know about the train row. That seems too trivial to have caused him to leave with the kids for the weekend. She carried on as though it was trivial though, going shopping etc.
I don't know, I've had plenty of petty rows and probably would have wanted space if I'd had the opportunity. Its even sadder if this was the last time they spoke.

Reactions: 8
I don't know, I've had plenty of petty rows and probably would have wanted space if I'd had the opportunity. Its even sadder if this was the last time they spoke.
I thought I’d read before that he regularly took the children to stay with his parents. Maybe he did it so she could attend events/work e.t.c

Reactions: 5
M
I really don't mean to moderate or be "that person", isn't rehab supposed to be confidential, sleb or not?
It’s not like AA where nobody breaches the confidentiality, but most people treat it like that. Poor show to the commenter that outed the famous people who were seeking help. Doesn’t matter if it was alluded to in the papers...most people who attend addiction meetings or rehab wouldn’t breathe a word about other attendees. Interesting that the user who commented about them is able to remain completely anonymous here.

Reactions: 12
I was going to say, no matter how amazing the house was I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. It feels like it would have a real heaviness in it.
I know this is maybe in bad taste but she had spoken about a previous owner dying in the property in tragic circumstances. If I was a potential buyer it would definitely put me off.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.