Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spot on! I wasn’t a teenager in the early 80’s (born in 1974) but I do remember her being exactly what you describe
---

She used to have a parenting column In something like Prima magazine when she was still with Bob. It was all PTA’s and summer fetes and making cakes, while looking like she was dressed like Minnie Mouse. All an act, she was not a great mother…
Yes a lot of the things said about in that documentary were totally OTT, hero worship, and a classic example of re-writing history with rose coloured glasses.

Reactions: 13
She was clearly a narcissist. And narcissists don't tend to make for the best mothers...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t think Paula was a good mum, she probably wanted to be one hence the books and fake family life. Some tea, my Godfather knew her slightly and couldn’t stand her. I have put this on another thread some time ago but couldn’t find it different name. This was in the 80s my godfather was good friends with John Galliano who was seeing Jasper Conran and they were in his company I think it was his studio and they heard a lot of noise and a child screeching mucking around then they heard a woman screaming and shouting swearing and a really hard slap the sort that echos around a room. He said he and John were doing all those OMG faces and sniggering about it being young - then Paula Yates came into view with one of her girls. But he said it occurred to him much later in life that the little girl hadn’t cried despite that slap must have really hurt. Imagine hitting a child like that all the time painting a picture of domestic bliss.
he also said he’d heard that Paula didn’t like Peaches and never took to her and was always very hard on her she sacked a nanny that Peaches loved and slept with.
Paula choose men and addictions over her kids, her generational trauma hinder her as a parent and her narcissist and self absorbed behaviour trump being a good parent.

I do think Peaches tried to be the parent and mother she never had to her sons, ultimately her addiction to drugs won, which always makes her ending more sad and a waste.

I don't think Fifi has this romanticised view of her mother like her sisters had she was older I believe she was 17 when her mum died so she saw and probably bore the brunt of a lot of her parents toxic behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Good god what is wrong with these women?
When I had my first child in 1995 I said I was not going to smack her . Therefore made really clear than any grandparents or uncles/ aunties could not smack her if looking after her . Not that they did that much .. very much on their request . Anyway this was met with loads of … she will be spoilt / she will be a nightmare . And actually she never has been … she is 27 , a gorgeous and kind human being . Anyway the point is .. it was actual unusual not to smack your kids in the mid 90’s
I think because I was 17 when I had her the memory of being smacked both at school and at home left such negativity I vowed I would never do that ….and I never have but initially huge criticisms and my parents smacked my sisters kids .. because she did 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Where did you source this information.
---
You are simply stating something repeatedly with no context. I appreciate there maybe some who take their lives and are sound of mind enough to choose to leave the work as they entered it, and those who are using drugs but many many suicides take place in public areas (sea/bridges/woods) and it is not the norm to be naked. So it would be used as part of the investigation into the death as it is not ‘common in all suicides’ at all and plays a relevant role in decision making.
I used to work on the railway and during training we were told that a massive red flag was someone removing their clothes. In a public place it might not be everything but certainly top layers, shoes etc. It is a well known phenomenon

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I used to work on the railway and during training we were told that a massive red flag was someone removing their clothes. In a public place it might not be everything but certainly top layers, shoes etc. It is a well known phenomenon
Yep I’m aware 🙂 in certain cases, however it is a very low number in terms of actual suicide cases and therefore always relevant to the investigation, which is what PY then used to try and support a theory of auto asphyxiation. However they ruled it suicide given the circumstances. It’s been interesting to research and learn about. And it also in failed attempts is something to take very seriously regarding that persons state of mind and determination to see it through.

When I had my first child in 1995 I said I was not going to smack her . Therefore made really clear than any grandparents or uncles/ aunties could not smack her if looking after her . Not that they did that much .. very much on their request . Anyway this was met with loads of … she will be spoilt / she will be a nightmare . And actually she never has been … she is 27 , a gorgeous and kind human being . Anyway the point is .. it was actual unusual not to smack your kids in the mid 90’s
I think because I was 17 when I had her the memory of being smacked both at school and at home left such negativity I vowed I would never do that ….and I never have but initially huge criticisms and my parents smacked my sisters kids .. because she did 😢
I don’t think it was that usual to be smacked in the 90s. I was a kid then and even then I knew hitting kids was wrong.

I was smacked on a few occasions and even as a child I knew that it wasn’t ok or right. I was never smacked by grandparents or relatives, ever. My dad could be violent to my other siblings and I knew this was categorically not OK and it wasn’t hugely common. None of my friends were commonly smacked and I never witnessed it. I remember a family friend smacking their kid and it was pretty shocking. So I don’t think it was that commonplace although it was accepted.

It’s been unlawful to leave a bruise on a child since 1933. Guidance to these laws considers light bruises, cuts, grazes etc to be common assault against a child.

In 2004 it was made unlawful to smack a child unless it was “reasonable punishment” and the law was sufficiently vague to not be proscriptive, but definitely indicative of a shift in attitudes.

I don’t believe hitting a child is ever ok personally and I think even in the 90s it was still viewed as something that should be a last resort - but that’s just my own experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If you go on YouTube, there’s a programme called autopsy which goes into what happened on the days leading up to MH’s death and the night itself. It showed that it was definite suicide. He was desperate! He rang his ex girlfriend and she was on her way to the hotel but was unfortunately too late. Paula didn’t accept he would have left her and TL so made out if was a sex game gone wrong.
---
He was clearly off his nut on drugs and booze and it said there was a bath run, so maybe that’s why he was naked!
iirc he was running a bath/about to take a bath/just had a bath hence the nudity

Reactions: 7
Yes this is a phenomenon discussed in academia;

It’s also a noted phenomenon that self harm acts are often clothed, whereas suicides remove clothing;

really sad and horrible reading. I think it’s pretty obvious that MH was in a bad way the morning he died.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I don’t think it was that usual to be smacked in the 90s. I was a kid then and even then I knew hitting kids was wrong.

I was smacked on a few occasions and even as a child I knew that it wasn’t ok or right. I was never smacked by grandparents or relatives, ever. My dad could be violent to my other siblings and I knew this was categorically not OK and it wasn’t hugely common. None of my friends were commonly smacked and I never witnessed it. I remember a family friend smacking their kid and it was pretty shocking. So I don’t think it was that commonplace although it was accepted.

It’s been unlawful to leave a bruise on a child since 1933. Guidance to these laws considers light bruises, cuts, grazes etc to be common assault against a child.

In 2004 it was made unlawful to smack a child unless it was “reasonable punishment” and the law was sufficiently vague to not be proscriptive, but definitely indicative of a shift in attitudes.

I don’t believe hitting a child is ever ok personally and I think even in the 90s it was still viewed as something that should be a last resort - but that’s just my own experience.
Yeah I'm 33, it was not okay when I was growing up.

Reactions: 7

Also a personal view but smacking was firmly on its way out in the mid-90s IMO, was no longer “usual” and typically only seen from a non-abusive parent when they had totally lost their tether and were panicking at a kid running out into the road or something extreme, and even then don’t think it went down very well. I would have thought smacking a child in public for being a bit raucous would raise serious eyebrows as it sounds like it did when Paula did it.

I’m born 1980 and my parents made a point of not smacking me or my sister, and I think it was the 80s where the attitude to this began to really change.

Reactions: 8
I thought Michael was surrounded by photos of Paula when he was found which she argued as evidence of autoerotic asphyxiation rather than suicidal intent.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She flirted with every guy but with Michael, it was ramped up to 100. The Tube interview isn't as steamy as the BB one but you could clearly see the chemistry. Watching this, I do think it's possible they got together long before BB.

I have to agree about there being a chance he is Pixie's real dad. When they were younger, Tiger and she were very similar in my opinion, and with how much Tiger resembles Michael, I honestly wouldn't bet against it.

I think Tiger also resembles Bob 👀 They have similar looks which could explain why they look like Michael and Bob. I thought Michael was more the flirt in the 1985 interview and Paula in the BB interview. Maybe Paula didn't flirt as much because Bob was standing next to Michael in that 1985 interview.

Reactions: 3
I was reading a few pages back about MH's head injury. About 10 years ago, I was pratting about in the garden with the kids on their water slide. I fell backwards and hit my back of my head on a bank in the garden which was rock solid (hot summer)... woke up to see the kids stood over me crying calling Mum hysterically. I stupidly got up, even though the pain was incredible and somehow got myself onto the sofa where I stayed until the next morning when I started throwing up. DH dragged me kicking and screaming to our GP who looked at me in utter horror and got an ambulance out. I was badly concussed, and can honestly say that it was the blackest period of my life. Like MH, I lost my taste and smell, and I couldn't fall asleep, my balance was affected... and my moods were horrific. I became horribly illogical. It took around 2 years to fully recover and that was with intense physio and a really good clinical pyschologist.

When I watched the documentary on MH, I felt so very sorry for him because it must have been horrendous to have had such a severe head injury like he did. And no wonder that his personality changed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I thought Michael was surrounded by photos of Paula when he was found which she argued as evidence of autoerotic asphyxiation rather than suicidal intent.
where have you heard that from?

here’s the inquest ruling;

“It has been suggested that the death resulted from an act of auto eroticism. However, there is no forensic or other evidence to substantiate this suggestion. I therefore, discount that manner of death.”

the inquest specifically ruled erotic asphyxiation out having specifically considered it. There was zero mention of any photos of Paula or anyone else, or indeed any evidence at all that there was anything erotic about it. Had there been photographs this would’ve been strong evidence to either a suicide or erotic asphyxiation, and given the absence of their mention I think it’s safe to assume that it’s because there wasn’t any.

That was pure spiel and conjecture put put out by Paula herself, for reasons known only to her. We can only make some good guesses and speculate as to why she would’ve wanted to deny the realities of Michael’s death.

The coroner also considered the moments and events leading to Michael’s death, which are strongly suggestive that he was in an erratic, emotional and depressive state.

Reactions: 11
I was born in 1981 and was smacked loads. In fact I was brought up in a toxic abusive household. I was screamed at by my mum and sometimes my dad. I was smacked by both of them. I was even slapped across the face by my dad once. They weren’t “bad people” they just didn’t have a clue. My mum has definitely got mental health problems and my dad just raised me the way he was. My mum used to say things to me like I’m a piece of tit, I’m a disgrace and I should be ashamed of myself. She was constantly throwing me and my sister out of the house. The mad thing is that I didn’t realise it was abusive. I thought most kids were brought up like this. I have smacked my own kids in the past, sometimes harder than i meant to and I’ve cried my eyes out over it and haven’t done it to them since. I’ve shouted at them loads but I’ve never said the things to them my mum said to me. I know I should have known it was abuse but I genuinely didn’t until I was around 30 and really started to question their parenting. I have arguments with my kids, they’re 18 and 16 now so I obviously don’t hit them or I’d expect to be hit back. I’ve had loads of arguments with them I won’t deny that, I guess I’m trying to say not everyone knows what abuse is, my husbands mother alienated him from his dad when he was a child and he still insists he made the decision himself and refuses to even acknowledge his mother was abusive to him. She also emotionally abused him too and made him do everything in the house, tidy up, her washing, shopping, decorating you name it he had to do it and even now that’s classed as abuse. When he showed emotion to his mother she would say “oh shut up you dick head, now he is emotionally bankrupt. I do try and break the abuse cycle but how can you when your husband won’t even accept he was abused? Like I say some people actually don’t have a clue what abuse is and I think everyone should be taught about it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.