Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also noted that Bob’s Mum died when she was 41, same age as Paula when she died. He was 6 when his mum died, so he obviously had experience of the loss of a parent at a young age to share with Tiger Lily and Peaches two sons 😢
Probably a major factor in Fifi choosing to not have children. She stated she would never because of the harm parents can do to them (essentially-I can’t remember her exact words but that’s what I interpreted)

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I don't know much about Paula's childhood was it THAT bad? In the doc she appeared to have adored the guy who brought her up Jess Yates. He had a mental illness but she seemed to o get on well with him. I know folk who have had horrific childhoods but choose not to inflict the same on their own kids. I agree one kid was more than enough for her. She probably had Tiger to try and keep MH or have some kind of permanent contact with him through the baby. Why on earth did she give her kids such stupid names?
It allegedly was really bad, her mum had no time for her and left, she was vain and self obsessed (remind you of anyone) and her dad was bipolar and nasty and cruel to her. She was very dysfunctional. She also conned herself (and tried to make everyone else believe it) into thinking she was better than her parents were by having this Earth mother aesthetic, when it wasn’t really true
---
Bob cheated on Paula too though didn’t he? He just never left the marriage, unlike Paula.
Also, I don’t think it was just for Paula’s ego that she didn’t want everyone to think Michael died by suicide, she didn’t want Tiger Lily to think her dad didn’t love her enough to carry on living.
The thing here is if they had an open marriage, the kids probably didn’t know or were exposed to it. What happens on tour or a night out in a consensual open marriage doesn’t have to be toxic or damaging to kids, as they shouldn’t know about it. This all came crashing down when tabloids began to gossip about PY and MH and according to Gerry, the kids told Bob that MH was in mummy’s bed whilst they were in the house. Very suddenly everything unraveled very quickly and it was extremely traumatic for the kids
---
I was a teenager in the 90’s so I was invested in what was going on - I was a HUGE Kylie fan which is where I originally came across INXS and everyone watched the Big Breakfast in the 90’s!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
By making out his death was a ritualistic sex experiment gone wrong? I think that was extremely disrespectful of Paula and had nothing to do with her caring for her daughters feelings.
I agree. It was so twisted of Paula to prefer the idea that Michael died in such a grubby, sordid way. But she would rather have believed anything rather than suicide.

I know in the U.K., coroners are quite reluctant to rule a death as suicide without concrete proof, such as a note. I think it boils down to some quite old fashioned ideas about suicide being taboo and shameful for the family. That’s why deaths that seem to be quite obvious suicides as ruled as accident or misadventure if there is no note.

I wonder if inquests in Australia follow similar rules? I don’t remember anything about Michael leaving a note?

Reactions: 5
Paula was never on my radar, I was too young at her height of fame, but from everything I have read about her this is what shines through. She was incredibly selfish, which is fine, some people are just wired that way but selfish people shouldn't have children or at least keep having children. She choose to have 4 that she didn't seem to have any interest in mothering properly.

I do feel like she looked on MH as a prize and I feel her inability to accept his suicide (which is what his death is reported as in every article I read and even in the 2019 Mystify documentary) seems more about her bruised ego than anything else. Which is just horrific to me, that she tried to change the narrative of his death to make herself feel better 🤯

She obviously had a tit childhood but she then went on to do the same to her daughters. Poor Peaches never had a chance.
I always thought it was terrible that she was adamant it an auto erotic accident. That just makes him out to be some sexual weirdo! It must have been incredibly difficult for his friends and family her insisting this! It was considered at the autopsy and then firmly dismissed!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Does nobody remember the programmes PY did after MH death explaining why she thought it wasnt suicide and she detailed his sleazy degenerate sex life?

I remember thinking ' aren't you scared of catching disease off him and how could you even kiss him knowing that '🤮

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Probably a major factor in Fifi choosing to not have children. She stated she would never because of the harm parents can do to them (essentially-I can’t remember her exact words but that’s what I interpreted)
I didn’t have children because I didn’t want to have them unless I was in a healthy relationship because of all the abuse and violence I was subjected and exposed to by my narcissistic mother. I found it hard to find a healthy relationship because being raised by a narcissist leaves you with so much self doubt that perpetrators can spot your vulnerabilities from a mile away. The fact that the 3 surviving girls appear to have happy lives and successful relationships leads me think that they definitely had an adult in their life who was a consistent, supportive, positive role model (probably Anita the Nanny) and they have accessed therapeutic support to process their trauma.
---
I too think that the reason that Paula was so adamant that it wasn’t suicide was to prove to herself and everyone else that their big love story was true and he would never have willingly chosen to leave her.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Can you start a Bono thread 😂😂 sounds fascinating 😂
I don’t mean this as a dig, but there’s a conspiracy theories thread on here where I’m sure a lot of people would be interested in that conversation.
---
To keep it on topic, I didn’t realise Paula Yates wrote that many books!
Hehehe, not taking as a dig at all! But maybe that thread should be renamed ‘Conspiracy FACTS’ if we’re going to start talking about Bono.

There was definitely a Bob-Bono-Michael connection. You won’t find one Irish person that will speak of it though.

Reactions: 9
I agree. It was so twisted of Paula to prefer the idea that Michael died in such a grubby, sordid way. But she would rather have believed anything rather than suicide.

I know in the U.K., coroners are quite reluctant to rule a death as suicide without concrete proof, such as a note. I think it boils down to some quite old fashioned ideas about suicide being taboo and shameful for the family. That’s why deaths that seem to be quite obvious suicides as ruled as accident or misadventure if there is no note.

I wonder if inquests in Australia follow similar rules? I don’t remember anything about Michael leaving a note?
Michael didn’t leave a note and on that autopsy documentary, the coroner said this isn’t unusual and that a lot of people don’t leave a note! If you watch it, he was absolutely desperate that night. He had received a phone call to say that Tarentino was not going to be using him in a discussed project and then he got a call of Paula and then rang Bob absolutely furious. He drank, took drugs and got more and more agitated. It’s a really interesting watch but incredibly sad! I don’t think he was a way out at the time!

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Hehehe, not taking as a dig at all! But maybe that thread should be renamed ‘Conspiracy FACTS’ if we’re going to start talking about Bono.

There was definitely a Bob-Bono-Michael connection. You won’t find one Irish person that will speak of it though.
This is a gossip site so you may as well talk more about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm intrigued on Bono, is there tea?

Someone mentioned Bob Geldof's mental health above. Was Bob Geldof known to have struggles with his mental health, even before the grief and trauma associated with his family losses?

Reactions: 8
We could continue Bono ☕ chat to secret celeb gossip thread? I’ve heard he’s a dirty ticket before
---

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm intrigued on Bono, is there tea?

Someone mentioned Bob Geldof's mental health above. Was Bob Geldof known to have struggles with his mental health, even before the grief and trauma associated with his family losses?
That video seemed pretty genuine and quite sad.

Reactions: 4
This is a gossip site so you may as well talk more about it.
Nope. It veers into a complicated global political spider web, and Tattle, I’ve learnt, is not the best place for that sort of content given its strict rules and having to tip toe around and “not hurt people’s feelings” an all that. Not blaming Tattle in slightest, those are their rules and so be it.

I’ve got my other websites for that where you can get into massive barneys with other people and speak freely without fear of getting a warning or ban or paid trolls trynin to attack, or shut down the conversation.

I come here mainly for the sardonic commentary on all the fame monsters misbehaviours we can tit on together.

Shame, I was dying to hear about Bono's role in the Illuminati ;)

As to you won't hear one Irish person speak about it, well every single Irish person must know about Bono and Andrea Corr by now, including my 86 year old gran.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Shame, I was dying to hear about Bono's role in the Illuminati ;)

As to you won't hear one Irish person speak about it, well every single Irish person must know about Bono and Andrea Corr by now, including my 86 year old gran.
Pete you make me laugh always! Hey, be nice to the Illuminati otherwise they’ll lock you up forever in your 15 minute city 😉 😉

Btw before any accusation of derailing 😂 I was the one who contribute a fair bit to Peaches gossip at the beginning of all these threads, to point where the kind lady who started the threads changed the name to Peaches and the Geldofs because we realised there was non stop fascination with the whole entire family, and yes, of course that includes Michael for whoever said it didn’t or shouldn’t.

Yes, I knew about Andrea Corr haha and so does my Irish nan too 😂 That‘s idle gossip, not the same category as people “hanging themselves”.

• Haha
Bono wrote about ending his friendship with Michael in his autobiography.

But apparently he was re-writing history!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Pete you make me laugh always! Hey, be nice to the Illuminati otherwise they’ll lock you up forever in your 15 minute city 😉 😉

Btw before any accusation of derailing 😂 I was the one who contribute a fair bit to Peaches gossip at the beginning of all these threads, to point where the kind lady who started the threads changed the name to Peaches and the Geldofs because we realised there was non stop fascination with the whole entire family, and yes, of course that includes Michael for whoever said it didn’t or shouldn’t.

Yes, I knew about Andrea Corr haha and so does my Irish nan too 😂 That‘s idle gossip, not the same category as people “hanging themselves”.
Lol I wasn’t complaining about the conversation on MH at all but when discussing his death (as I had known little about it as was far more Peaches/Fifi follower) the conversation did go around his death and I found that fascinating (suicide or accidental death) but some one said was off topic and I just commented that for me, joining the thread that MH could be called off topic… but if he’s on topic surely a few comments around his death are ok? But I got an eye roll and someone said it was off topic….
I’ve found the whole MH/Bob/PY conversation really interesting and feel so sorry for the kids born into that.
---
I personally never liked PY, found her irritating and sexist on Big Breakfast, she made me feel a bit sick and so just was never particularly interested in anything to do with her.
There’s lots of pics online of the girls with Bob and they all seem naturally very affectionate which is lovely.

Agree with you Despair. IMO, you can have as many comments about his death as you like. No one is the boss of you and there’s no way you can have a conversation about The Geldofs and not include Michael Or the events surrounding his and Paula’s death. Its still a source of fascination even today, as shown by the documentary released.

Speaking of that doc, I did think it was quite odd Terrance Trent D agreed to be in it, for a sit down interview and everythin. Wondering if they’re trying to be ‘inclusive’ and normalise a conversation where maybe, just maybe, he could be Pixie’s dad and ‘let’s push an association with Paula’ to the general public. Agree with whoever said as well that pixie looked nothing like Bob OR Paula. This is a recent picture of TTD’s actually daughter, Seraphina.

---
Also, here are TTD’s two sons (yes they are both boys) with his wife Francesca.

Some resemblances to PG, perhaps.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t think Paula was a good mum, she probably wanted to be one hence the books and fake family life. Some tea, my Godfather knew her slightly and couldn’t stand her. I have put this on another thread some time ago but couldn’t find it different name. This was in the 80s my godfather was good friends with John Galliano who was seeing Jasper Conran and they were in his company I think it was his studio and they heard a lot of noise and a child screeching mucking around then they heard a woman screaming and shouting swearing and a really hard slap the sort that echos around a room. He said he and John were doing all those OMG faces and sniggering about it being young - then Paula Yates came into view with one of her girls. But he said it occurred to him much later in life that the little girl hadn’t cried despite that slap must have really hurt. Imagine hitting a child like that all the time painting a picture of domestic bliss.
he also said he’d heard that Paula didn’t like Peaches and never took to her and was always very hard on her she sacked a nanny that Peaches loved and slept with.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I don’t think Paula was a good mum, she probably wanted to be one hence the books and fake family life. Some tea, my Godfather knew her slightly and couldn’t stand her. I have put this on another thread some time ago but couldn’t find it different name. This was in the 80s my godfather was good friends with John Galliano who was seeing Jasper Conran and they were in his company I think it was his studio and they heard a lot of noise and a child screeching mucking around then they heard a woman screaming and shouting swearing and a really hard slap the sort that echos around a room. He said he and John were doing all those OMG faces and sniggering about it being young - then Paula Yates came into view with one of her girls. But he said it occurred to him much later in life that the little girl hadn’t cried despite that slap must have really hurt. Imagine hitting a child like that all the time painting a picture of domestic bliss.
he also said he’d heard that Paula didn’t like Peaches and never took to her and was always very hard on her she sacked a nanny that Peaches loved and slept with.
Blimey she sounds even worse than I had thought.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.