Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grace Dent has openly said ( it’s in her autobiography) she never turns down a dime so I’d say that goes some way to explain her presence.
i really don’t know how I feel about Grace Dent…off to search for a thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
<whispers> I don’t like her! I’ve always thought she has a mean streak and a huge ego. I remember in the early days of Twitter she was a self-styled Queen Bee. Even wrote the book on it.

6764722F-D2BA-4BE8-BCD8-1ED93681227B.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think she’d be famous for dating men younger than her daughters and competing with Madonna in the cosmetic surgery stakes.
She would most certainly have had plastic surgery in shedloads and appeared on Reality Shows as well.
---
She used to write really stinging reviews about the housemates in BB years ago, but usually she was spot on about their personalities. Wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of her, she would have given Ian Hislop hell on HIGNFY not plead with him to be kind.

Her full name was Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence, wasn’t it? I think Hotes means the kids chose the Tiger Lily bit (isn’t Tiger Lily a Peter Pan character? Might be wrong there though).
Yes that’s her full name and IIRC the girls chose it from a Disney cartoon

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I really like her - I think she’s a great writer, has warmth and humour in spades as well as a keen eye for humans. She’s quite different from how she used to be, to me anyway, that sharpness has been tucked away - it’ll still be there but not on vibe so much these days I spose. I reckon when she threatened to get that lad sacked years ago she had a bit of a review of herself. But ego for sure. Doesn’t do performative feminism at least. I reckon she thinks a lot of women are right berks :D

She’s tented herself off from the other mean girls, online seemingly, which is moderately interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I really like her - I think she’s a great writer, has warmth and humour in spades as well as a keen eye for humans. She’s quite different from how she used to be, to me anyway, that sharpness has been tucked away - it’ll still be there but not on vibe so much these days I spose. I reckon when she threatened to get that lad sacked years ago she had a bit of a review of herself. But ego for sure. Doesn’t do performative feminism at least. I reckon she thinks a lot of women are right berks :D

She’s tented herself off from the other mean girls, online seemingly, which is moderately interesting.
Yes she was briefly in the Sali Hughes mean girl twitter sphere for a while but removed herself quite swiftly. Presumably when she saw how foul they were.

I always like her when she is a judge on Masterchef. Always very generous and kind in her praise.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I agree, I like her too but I’d also be interested to find out why she seems to have fallen out with her BFF Twitter mates from years ago (Caitlin Moran, Lauren Laverne etc). I actually read her Twitter book and from what I recall, some of it was basically just her admitting to being nosy about people online (which let’s face it, is 95% of what keeps Tattle going), although I can’t believe someone wrote a book about Twitter now 🤣 It was in its infancy back then though and she barely tweets these days.

I’d definitely buy a book if she spilled all the goss on LL, CM and SH though. Hopefully she’s saving it all up and doing it at some point.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
No one expected MH to die that young so there was no proper provision for Tiger, as everything had been tied up in trusts to avoid tax.
---
I remember seeing him on TGIF before he died and he looked truly horrendous. He was all thin, Sallow in the face, his hair was greasy and lank, he was shaky and I honestly find it hard to believe he was as blissfully happy as PY has made it seem
Video to that interview

Reactions: 5
I watched that episode of HIGNFY - even though I was in my 20s I felt exactly the same as now - that they went right over the top and Paula just didn't have the defences to fire back (likely worn down so much by the paps chasing her - she was vulnerable by that time. I know Hutchence's family say she tipped them off often - I don't think she signed up for harassment and stalking, though).

It may have been misjudged and Hislop thought she'd fight back but she was just buckled by despair by this point. I wonder why she agreed to appear - as others are saying, politicians (who have done genuine misdeeds) get an easier time of it on HIGNFY - and play the game. Who cares whether she got her boobs done or not?! Was the implication from Ian Hislop that she was trying (and likely failing) to compete with a supermodel to keep Michael interested? That's how I interpreted it.

Many here are put off by the friend's rather florid writing style but it's interesting she thinks Michael killed himself because of the drugs bust (the opium in the Smarties packet) yet it was later overturned by the CPS - "the police had been manipulated", as Catherine Mayer wrote.

The press went after Paula and Michael full force, for a sustained period - why - I don't know - affairs and scandals are red tops' bread and butter! They usually find a new target after a while.

I remember the "Paula Yates Caught With Black Star" headline well, which definitely wouldn't fly nowadays - why reduce a renowned musician down to simply being a "black man" if you aren't racist?

I did feel that the press hounded Paula to her death - even after Michael had passed - and she did try rallying - but the vitriol she got was immense. To pester, harass, even bug a grieving woman's phone, call her names when out walking her baby - it just beggars belief. "Blaming" just the media wouldn't be fair, but they definitely played a large part in contributing to her despair. Paula even said she was agoraphobic at one point.

There are a few who don't like Paula on this thread. I agree the batting eyelashes and couquettish interview style was getting a bit stale (some would say it always was) but she was her own person, vibrant, charming, stylish, worked hard, yes, she may have been something of a social climber (who isn't, in that world?) but I felt she was essentially a decent soul - certainly, her good friends remember her that way.

She made plenty of bad choices. It's a tragedy Paula and Peaches ended up dying before their time.

The truth is, there's often no good guy - bad guy in a split. it's obvious Saint Bob had his failings as a parent and husband as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm currently reading her autobiography "Hungry" and I love her. Didn't have much awareness of her before, it just jumped out at me from the library.

• Heart
I agree, I like her too but I’d also be interested to find out why she seems to have fallen out with her BFF Twitter mates from years ago (Caitlin Moran, Lauren Laverne etc). I actually read her Twitter book and from what I recall, some of it was basically just her admitting to being nosy about people online (which let’s face it, is 95% of what keeps Tattle going), although I can’t believe someone wrote a book about Twitter now 🤣 It was in its infancy back then though and she barely tweets these days.

I’d definitely buy a book if she spilled all the goss on LL, CM and SH though. Hopefully she’s saving it all up and doing it at some point.
Sorry to off-topic, but wasn’t there a rumour of a big fall out (as in screaming and shouting in a restaurant?) over Grace’s choice of man? Think I read that on the SH thread.
I like Grace, might be a northern thing? I see she regrets doing those acerbic columns now, according to the Paula documentary. She’d taken over from Charlie Brooker who also started to hate himself for the same, taking the piss out of telly stars in the Graun.

• Wow
I agree, I like her too but I’d also be interested to find out why she seems to have fallen out with her BFF Twitter mates from years ago (Caitlin Moran, Lauren Laverne etc).
Ooh, that is interesting. At the risk of repeating all the same old tit on Tattle 🤣 I really liked Lauren Laverne (and tried to like CM) but my Twitter timeline was constantly full of the two of them chatting away to teach other and giving off “you can’t sit with us” vibes I ended up going off the pair of them.

This was early Twitter when there wasn’t even a RT button and tweets with people tagging each other were shown on your timeline as much as general tweets.

It wasn’t just those two, but my god, there were a lot of self-satisfied Muswell Hill types showing off how witty and popular they were back then. It was better when celebs were mysterious and you didn’t know they were a bit twattish.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I reckon she’s still bezzies with them offline. She has a strategic online presence these days which she doesn’t veer from.

Reactions: 6
Really interesting to see people’s opinions of Grace Dent. I think I remember her initially from the BB columns and they’ve kind of stuck with me, she also seems to pop up everywhere these days and her inclusion in this doc was really bizarre. But yeah, will delve deeper.

Apols for steering off topic, back to the geldofs!

Reactions: 6
Really interesting to see people’s opinions of Grace Dent. I think I remember her initially from the BB columns and they’ve kind of stuck with me, she also seems to pop up everywhere these days and her inclusion in this doc was really bizarre. But yeah, will delve deeper.

Apols for steering off topic, back to the geldofs!
I like her. I used to follow her on MySpace, that's how far back I go with her.

I do wonder how Paula would have turned out had she lived, it's such a shame she didn't stay in Hastings as she seemed content there.

Reactions: 8
Sorry for thread derailment, Grace is very working class girl done good, she had no leg up to get where she did and I have nothing but admiration for that. She worked bloody hard and I think part of that is taking and gig she's offered. I'm at the last chapter of her autobiography and she is caring for her elderly and ill parents and it is really tough reading as my Mum died of cancer in September.

I've had to pause the reading as I was getting actual nightmares!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I like her. I used to follow her on MySpace, that's how far back I go with her.

I do wonder how Paula would have turned out had she lived, it's such a shame she didn't stay in Hastings as she seemed content there.
Had she lived and recovered she would have become very bored there I think, she would be back in London doing reality shows and appearing on the after reality show bits and having cosmetic surgery. She would be on Loose Women as well I think.

Reactions: 13
Had she lived and recovered she would have become very bored there I think, she would be back in London doing reality shows and appearing on the after reality show bits and having cosmetic surgery. She would be on Loose Women as well I think.
I think she would have been a fab Big Brother host!

Reactions: 12
I think she would have been a fab Big Brother host!
I agree that would suit her plus she could flirt with the young men, her bedding the boys and Russel Brand bedding the girls and ending up bedding each other no doubt.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.