Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not getting the fuss about HIGNFY. It's a satirical programme, you know what it's like before you go on. She's taking it all in good humour and suddenly she's getting defensive "you're being unkind". Aren't they just quipping?
I'd suggest watching the clip. It goes into the realm of bullying.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I did watch it and I take it as, it's the ladette era, she comes across as an "I can give as good as I get" kinda girl (in the public's consciousness), but when it comes to it, she sort of crumbles. I suppose, yes a mature human being would stop goading her, but Hislop's persona is a bit of an immature schoolboy type. He looks quite pleased with himself here and is probably embarrassed that she hasn't been able to clap back but doesn't know how to stop, so just keeps going.

Not sure why I'm defending him but she should've just laughed it off for the patheticness that it is. Don't know enough about the boob job tbh. It does look very obvious, but he says "you kept it quiet" like it was some sort of secret, so if it was a "secret", it makes sense that she would be a bit miffed that it's now the butt of some joke on national TV.

Reactions: 7
As I recall Paula's boob job was tabloid news for some reason but however you look at it, Hislop was punching down and that's never a good look.

Reactions: 25
I did watch it and I take it as, it's the ladette era, she comes across as an "I can give as good as I get" kinda girl (in the public's consciousness), but when it comes to it, she sort of crumbles. I suppose, yes a mature human being would stop goading her, but Hislop's persona is a bit of an immature schoolboy type. He looks quite pleased with himself here and is probably embarrassed that she hasn't been able to clap back but doesn't know how to stop, so just keeps going.

Not sure why I'm defending him but she should've just laughed it off for the patheticness that it is. Don't know enough about the boob job tbh. It does look very obvious, but he says "you kept it quiet" like it was some sort of secret, so if it was a "secret", it makes sense that she would be a bit miffed that it's now the butt of some joke on national TV.
He was being sarcastic
Also our live correspondent said it was uncomfortable and Paula left crying

• Sad
Reactions: 17
She seems to have turned out ok and avoided the limelight. She didn’t know Michael‘s family and they didn’t do the best job with him. At least she has her sisters and she seems to hang out with Pixie.
Aparently Michael's parents ruled themselves out as they said they didn't have a relationship with her and it would be unfair to separate her from her sisters, they also asked the judge to rule out his sister as they suspected she was more interested in an inheritance than tiger lily's welfare

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aparently Michael's parents ruled themselves out as they said they didn't have a relationship with her and it would be unfair to separate her from her sisters, they also asked the judge to rule out his sister as they suspected she was more interested in an inheritance than tiger lily's welfare
I heard his parents ruled themselves out. she was born in the uk and her closest known blood relatives were her sisters. Also I think the sisters really wanted her, too, after losing their mum. I think Peaches and Pixie chose the name Tiger Lily for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I heard his parents ruled themselves out. she was born in the uk and her closest known blood relatives were her sisters. Also I think the sisters really wanted her, too, after losing their mum. I think Peaches and Pixie chose the name Tiger Lily for her.
So what did Paula call her then?

Reactions: 2
So what did Paula call her then?
Her full name was Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence, wasn’t it? I think Hotes means the kids chose the Tiger Lily bit (isn’t Tiger Lily a Peter Pan character? Might be wrong there though).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hislop and Merton go into the show with pre written jokes and quips as well as being quick witted enough to ad lib.
PY was wise not to try and best them.
I remember watching HIGNFY at the time and being surprised that she couldn’t answer them. Her comfort zone was 1:1 interviews when she was completely in control and could flirt outrageously, but a load of older men, all of whom know the format and are prepared with jokes, is completely different.

I honestly think they brought her into the show because they thought she’d be hilarious, but she couldn’t use her usual skills in that environment. I don’t think they deliberately brought her on to be nasty. Hislop would expect that she’d fight back aggressively like a man would do.

I thought she did well to say to Hislop “Ian, be kind” and refusing to join in or try and clap back once he was really on her case. Also what did those men say that was so funny. ”You’ve had a boob job”, hardly witty.

It comes back to being a woman in a man’s world or place. They treated her like a man, but she was a woman and acted like one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
I thought she did well to say to Hislop “Ian, be kind” and refusing to join in or try and clap back once he was really on her case. Also what did those men say that was so funny. ”You’ve had a boob job”, hardly witty.
I agree. It all seemed to be about how she looked and her boob job. Paula had committed the cardinal sin of not being a supermodel. I don’t think the general public ever got over the fact Michael dumped Helena Christiansen for Paula (even though I think that relationship was probably on the way out by the time he was shagging Paula. I think he usually ended his relationships after a maximum of 3 years).

Reactions: 19
Hi! Just confused about the timeline presented in the new documentary regarding the the revelation of HG being PYs bio father. They claimed that PY found out that HG was her biological father after MH funeral which was held on 27th November 1997. But iirc, the HG situation is discussed in her Autobiography which was published in August of 1995, well before MH died. It’s also stated that this revelation was made at HGs funeral but he died in May 1997 so again before MHs death. Am I just imagining that this was included in the autobiography? Has anyone recently read it or have it to hand to check? It’s been years since I read it but my Mum remembers it being in there too?

Edited to add: I’ve always thought Pixie looks shockingly like MH.

Reactions: 7
Grace Dent has openly said ( it’s in her autobiography) she never turns down a dime so I’d say that goes some way to explain her presence.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hi! Just confused about the timeline presented in the new documentary regarding the the revelation of HG being PYs bio father. They claimed that PY found out that HG was her biological father after MH funeral which was held on 27th November 1997. But iirc, the HG situation is discussed in her Autobiography which was published in August of 1995, well before MH died. It’s also stated that this revelation was made at HGs funeral but he died in May 1997 so again before MHs death. Am I just imagining that this was included in the autobiography? Has anyone recently read it or have it to hand to check? It’s been years since I read it but my Mum remembers it being in there too?

Edited to add: I’ve always thought Pixie looks shockingly like MH.
This article from Dec 1997 is interesting and does seem to indicate Paula only found out after MH's funeral.
Hughie Green's children were ashamed of him - 'a monster' - and said they had numerous half brothers and sisters because of him.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.