Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes indeed many years ago
So she really didnā€™t give back to him! What was she like? Could you see her getting really upset or was she trying to just style it out?
---
IIRC Paul Merton said Angus canā€™t be the host if heā€™s the one in the news.

Reactions: 3
Gerry Agar seems to be of questionable character, she struck me as a hanger on, also a true friend wouldn't write a tell all book after their friend had died. So I would take her book with a massive pinch of salt.

Reactions: 13
So she really didnā€™t give back to him! What was she like? Could you see her getting really upset or was she trying to just style it out?
---
IIRC Paul Merton said Angus canā€™t be the host if heā€™s the one in the news.
She was crying at the end and she just left the set really quickly on her own. There was an uncomfortable feeling in the air. I didn't like her but the bullying went too far. I think Merton thought she would give as good as she got but when he realised she couldn't he toned it down but Hislop got worse.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
She was crying at the end and she just left the set really quickly on her own. There was an uncomfortable feeling in the air. I didn't like her but the bullying went too far. I think Merton thought she would give as good as she got but when he realised she couldn't he toned it down but Hislop got worse.
Wow thatā€™s so bad. Did she even start out a bit tough and slowly get worn down, or was she unable to handle him right from the get go ?
and was she on drugs still at that stage?

Reactions: 4
Hislop and Merton go into the show with pre written jokes and quips as well as being quick witted enough to ad lib.
PY was wise not to try and best them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wow thatā€™s so bad. Did she even start out a bit tough and slowly get worn down, or was she unable to handle him right from the get go ?
and was she on drugs still at that stage?
She couldn't handle it at all no idea re drugs at that time.

Reactions: 4
Just watched both episodes and all I can say is that itā€™s refreshing to see a natural beauty without fillers, turkey teeth, Botox and god knows what else! I really like Paula Yates and thought it was an interesting watchx

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hislop and Merton go into the show with pre written jokes and quips as well as being quick witted enough to ad lib.
PY was wise not to try and best them.
Oh god yes it was bad enough as it was but I don't think she knew what to say she was out of her depth.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
šŸ˜® I got a copy of that some years ago for a quid in a discount bookstore. Didnā€™t realise I might end up a millionaire from it one day. duck 1st editions of Harry Potter, Iā€™m getting rich from Paula, Michael & Bob! Watch out for me on Antiques Roadshow šŸ¤£
My library has it, the budget crisis is solved!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Just watched both episodes and all I can say is that itā€™s refreshing to see a natural beauty without fillers, turkey teeth, Botox and god knows what else! I really like Paula Yates and thought it was an interesting watchx
I've just finished too and agree, so refreshing to see. Did Paula not wear mascara either? She often looked mascara free.

Re Sir Bob and if he shagged around too, oh yes indeed, ello ello ello guv'nor.... Claire says she was shagging him for years '79-'83 and certainly during the time of Paula's first pregnancy and Trixie's birth. What a bleep. It also says he admitted to lots of shagging around during his boomtown years in his biography from '86. I imagine him to be terrible in bed, no wonder she had MH on the fridge. :sick:šŸ˜‚

I remember being particularly concerned when Paula met Finley who has been arrested for violent outbursts on a number of occasions.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I'm not getting the fuss about HIGNFY. It's a satirical programme, you know what it's like before you go on. She's taking it all in good humour and suddenly she's getting defensive "you're being unkind". Aren't they just quipping?

Reactions: 3
I'm not getting the fuss about HIGNFY. It's a satirical programme, you know what it's like before you go on. She's taking it all in good humour and suddenly she's getting defensive "you're being unkind". Aren't they just quipping?
No, it was very uncomfortable to watch

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No, it was very uncomfortable to watch
I agree, it feels a bit barbed and pointed in a way I donā€™t think would be well received nowadays. Like they see her as a bit of a Scarlett letter and therefore fair game to be made fun of and torn apart.

itā€™s a bit like the ugly fat boy at school who sees his crush get with someone else so resents her and lashes out at her.

I donā€™t think (or I hope at least) a womanā€™s sexuality would garner her as much open hostility under the premise of ā€œcomedyā€ nowadays.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Apparently not - the boys attitude isn't going down well under the modern eye either. Hislop to me sounds like he is picking on the girl who will never want to flirt with him. I would love to of heard her come back with a quip about his tiny testicles and cock being the reason he has to demean people just that little too much to make himself look cleva.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hislops retort to you're the sperm of the devil' was 'even your insults emanate from the genitals'
I dont think he was keen on her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.