Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re Paula Yates being a groupie, I remember a Popbitch newsletter from years ago which had a story about her orally servicing all of Wet Wet Wet in turn whilst they were seated.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Re Paula Yates being a groupie, I remember a Popbitch newsletter from years ago which had a story about her orally servicing all of Wet Wet Wet in turn whilst they were seated.
I know she loved a sausage but that was very greedy!! Naughty Paula!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is SO disgusting. She must have been a sex addict or nymphomaniac or something like that, or completely wasted. Or all of it. I mean, I try to be sex positive and all that, but this (if it’s true) is not normal, healthy behaviour surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This is SO disgusting. She must have been a sex addict or nymphomaniac or something like that, or completely wasted. Or all of it. I mean, I try to be sex positive and all that, but this (if it’s true) is not normal, healthy behaviour surely?
Paula was a victim of child sexual abuse at aged 12. Her losing her virginity at that age has always been framed by the media as consensual. It is not. That is a child being taken advantage of. Look at a 12 year old! I think, unfortunately, she felt from a very early age that sex was her 'value'. Paired with a neglectful childhood, I think she really needed to feel wanted and sex was one way of getting that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Paula was a victim of child sexual abuse at aged 12. Her losing her virginity at that age has always been framed by the media as consensual. It is not. That is a child being taken advantage of. Look at a 12 year old! I think, unfortunately, she felt from a very early age that sex was her 'value'. Paired with a neglectful childhood, I think she really needed to feel wanted and sex was one way of getting that.
Ah I see. Thanks for explaining! That’s what I intensely suspected, that early abuse played a role. Also the case with a lot of prostitutes. (The reason why I‘m anti-prostitution, because even if it’s „consensual“ it’s often based on a pattern of exploitation.)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think sex positive feminism has been quite negative for many women, it's been co-opted by abusive men who use vulnerable women for sex. The only reason a group of men would want a blow job from the same woman one after the other is to use and objectify her. I'm disgusted by this too, not one of those men thought 'is this ok'. I know she was a grown woman but they were grown men too and should have seen her as a person, not a receptacle for them to spunk into

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I think sex positive feminism has been quite negative for many women, it's been co-opted by abusive men who use vulnerable women for sex. The only reason a group of men would want a blow job from the same woman one after the other is to use and objectify her. I'm disgusted by this too, not one of those men thought 'is this ok'. I know she was a grown woman but they were grown men too and should have seen her as a person, not a receptacle for them to spunk into
I agree. What the duck were they thinking? If it's true, I can't believe not one man thought it was okay behaviour. I hope it's something she said she'd done and not actually done. It's put me off any of Wet Wet Wet's music, that's for sure.

She was definitely damaged due to childhood sexual abuse, and these days, there would have been intervention and therapy. Back then though, it was shoved under the carpet, and the phrase 'washing your dirty linen in public' was bandied about a lot when people spoke openly about traumatic events like abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I couldn't agree more with your sentiments.❤

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ah I didn't know about the heroin.
Not that it makes you a bad person.
He always seemed so clean cut.

Reactions: 3
Is it really true though? Sounds like an urban legend
I agree. There were a lot of people who hated Paula, who still dislike her. It sounds like a rumour someone has started after she died. Was this supposed to have happened when she was married to Bob or after she got with Michael? She turned down MH when he first propositioned her, someone who she had a huge crush on, so I can’t see her doing that although it might be true, who knows. But Wet Wet Wet come out of it looking worse than she does, as others have said.

Reactions: 15
I agree. There were a lot of people who hated Paula, who still dislike her. It sounds like a rumour someone has started after she died. Was this supposed to have happened when she was married to Bob or after she got with Michael? She turned down MH when he first propositioned her, someone who she had a huge crush on, so I can’t see her doing that although it might be true, who knows. But Wet Wet Wet come out of it looking worse than she does, as others have said.
I just think it sounds too outlandish. Like the “gay pop star” taken to hospital and there were 5 different mens’ semen pumped out his stomach.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.