Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
📣 Wild speculation alert 📣
Not nice for Pixie for her parentage to be questioned I know (she seems a very nice private person) but I'll do it anyway.
I don't know when Paula had her relationship with Rupert Everett, but Pixie does not look disimilar to him. Once I saw it I couldn't unsee it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
(2) on a completely different and perhaps shallow note, it’s almost joyful to watch things from the 90s and see people looking like people. Paula in that 60mins clip has a thin top lip and a wrinkle in between her eyes and her face moves. And she’s still beautiful. I hadn’t quite realised how prevalent and just accepted it is now that a woman in her late 30s would have full lips no matter what and a completely smooth face.
I love this, it makes me so sad that no-one has their original face anymore.

Reactions: 23
I once read an interview with Paula where she said, Peaches would look the most like her, but Pixie was most like her characterwise. Not sure about that. 😅 Maybe wishful thinking, because I can imagine Pixie‘s character being more likeable. (Only speculation though, because ofc I didn’t know any of them personally.)
I don't think any of the children looked like Paula, I don't think Peaches looked like her at all.

Reactions: 9
I really thought Paula was awful. Awful woman and awful mum. I’m so sorry for those girls they lost their mum, I’m also sorry she wasn’t a less selfish human.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I really thought Paula was awful. Awful woman and awful mum. I’m so sorry for those girls they lost their mum, I’m also sorry she wasn’t a less selfish human.
I agree, she was totally selfish and put herself and her own needs above those of her children, throughout their lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In her defence her mum and dad were dreadful, she didn’t have a stable loving upbringing, her mum left her with her dad who was mentally unstable. A lot of her attention seeking behaviour came from that. And then to find out he wasn’t actually her biological dad! To be fair her mum was a terrible woman who should never have had a child. Paula I think tried to give her kids the childhood she didn’t have but was too damaged to do it. Bob was very controlling, I think eventually she just had enough.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
In her defence her mum and dad were dreadful, she didn’t have a stable loving upbringing, her mum left her with her dad who was mentally unstable. A lot of her attention seeking behaviour came from that. And then to find out he wasn’t actually her biological dad! To be fair her mum was a terrible woman who should never have had a child. Paula I think tried to give her kids the childhood she didn’t have but was too damaged to do it. Bob was very controlling, I think eventually she just had enough.
Her mother is absolutely dreadful, even now. Then again, her mother's mother had deep seated mental health issues as well. It's a tricky one, because Paula might have been a better parent and less egocentric if she had undergone intensive therapy with regard to childhood trauma, before having children of her own. She didn't recognise how damaged she was though, I don't think anyone did. She projected this image of cool, quirky rock chick with a charismatic charm, there was nothing to outwardly suggest how much her childhood had affected her.

Reactions: 16
I agree with all of this. And she idolised Jess Yates only to find out he wasn’t her real dad as you say.
Paula might have been a better parent and less egocentric if she had undergone intensive therapy with regard to childhood trauma, before having children of her own. She didn't recognise how damaged she was though, I don't think anyone did.
Agree with this also, but I also have to say that childhood trauma like the kind Paula experienced wasn’t widely recognised as such back then. You were just kind of expected to get on with on it. I don’t think the kind of therapy she needed even existed back then in the form it does today.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m sorry but how do we excuse terrible mothering by her parents? Many many people have appalling upbringings and don’t go on to be selfish horrible parents.
This woman had money and access to help. We have no idea who was more controlling in their relationship or who cheated first or the most? I feel sorry for Bob married to that as much as her married to him. At the centre of this were children. Innocent children.
One who killed herself trying to be her mother, another who won’t have children due to her upbringing and yet who tries to look like her mother, another who just about seems ok and a 4th who’s parents were both dead from drugs by age 4?
How can that be excused.

And tbf, she died 22 years ago. In that time, Bob has raised the girls quietly, he has been with a partner for many many years, again quietly. They married after Peaches death. He sees his grandkids quietly and has a relationship with all his daughters.
perhaps it’s fair to say that Bob and Paula were toxic, but he’s not exactly been a public, controlling cheat for the last 22 years.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Well there’s lots of stories but no, they were small, Peaches and Pixie were very attached and remained so, Fifi was a bit older. Evidentially Paula changed it. But then they lost the only constant. And if you followed Anita (the nanny) and the Geldof girls on social media, it was obvious how important she was to them as adults. Either way, Paula did not put her children ahead of men or drugs.
Even today there’s an article about Bono and his wife being asked to be godparents as they were close but turned it down due to Paula and Micheals drug use spiralling around the children. That ended their friendship and within months micheal was dead.

Ahh ok, she quite after working non stop when the house was raided and drugs found in a smartie tube. It looks like she went to Bobs for a bit to watch them while everything blew up. But she was there from there births.
Where would a person find these "lurid photographs"? Have they ever been seen publicly? A friend wants to know

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Hi like Pixie. She seems to have a happy relationship and close friendships and I like that she's never fixed her less than perfect teeth. She does have a different face shape to her sisters.

Reactions: 8
Hi like Pixie. She seems to have a happy relationship and close friendships and I like that she's never fixed her less than perfect teeth. She does have a different face shape to her sisters.
Peaches and Fifi look similar inna way, though having completely different colouring ofc. Pixie does look different to them. Not even like a half sister imo.

I saw Pixie perform with her band at a party and they were surprisingly good! I’m surprised she didn’t make it as a singer/musician.

Reactions: 8
Popular rumour back then was that Pixie was Terrance Trent Darby’s kid (Paula was having affair with..) and Pixie a bit looks like him (imo, her skin colour would be darker). just looking at pictures and videos of him from the 80s and God, he was gorgeous.

Popular rumour on Tattle, which I’d never heard before, was that Pixie is Hutchence’s kid, which, as Pixie has gotten older, she looks more and more like Tiger Lily. Proper shocked at that one. Apparently Paula had been seeing Michael for ages, well before that Big Breakfast Bed tussle.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I don't know whether to believe that Michael and Paula had been seeing each other for ages - I was convinced by that cringeworthy display on the Big Breakfast bed, that it was lust at first sight. Michael referred to all of Paula's daughters as his, according to an article I read, which pissed Bob Geldof off even more.

Reactions: 6
I don't know whether to believe that Michael and Paula had been seeing each other for ages - I was convinced by that cringeworthy display on the Big Breakfast bed, that it was lust at first sight. Michael referred to all of Paula's daughters as his, according to an article I read, which pissed Bob Geldof off even more.
There's a clip from them meeting years before on another music programme she was a presenter on. The Big Breakfast was definitely not their first meeting.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
They’d been shagging the night before that interview and I think Paula had met him a couple of times way before then through interviewing him on The Tube. There was a spark on that interview as well but the flirting wasn’t quite as blatant as the Big Breakfast. Apparently after the Tube interview, Michael asked her to go back to his hotel room but she said she couldn’t as she had a baby. They’d known each other for ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hmm, so the whole 'we met on The Big Breakfast bed' was bollocks? It was a longstanding affair, dressed up to look like a coup de foudre. I feel like an idiot now.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hmm, so the whole 'we met on The Big Breakfast bed' was bollocks? It was a longstanding affair, dressed up to look like a coup de foudre. I feel like an idiot now.
That’s just a rumour though? We don’t know for sure if sth happened before Big Breakfast.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.