Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
where have you heard that from?

here’s the inquest ruling;

“It has been suggested that the death resulted from an act of auto eroticism. However, there is no forensic or other evidence to substantiate this suggestion. I therefore, discount that manner of death.”

the inquest specifically ruled erotic asphyxiation out having specifically considered it. There was zero mention of any photos of Paula or anyone else, or indeed any evidence at all that there was anything erotic about it. Had there been photographs this would’ve been strong evidence to either a suicide or erotic asphyxiation, and given the absence of their mention I think it’s safe to assume that it’s because there wasn’t any.

That was pure spiel and conjecture put put out by Paula herself, for reasons known only to her. We can only make some good guesses and speculate as to why she would’ve wanted to deny the realities of Michael’s death.

The coroner also considered the moments and events leading to Michael’s death, which are strongly suggestive that he was in an erratic, emotional and depressive state.
I think it was mentioned on the autopsy show on MH that he had pictures of PY around him

Reactions: 2

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
That documentary on Islam was terrible - quite offensively so, as I recall. Just really shallow, as you’d expect.
Peaches was terribly indulged when young - that Ellegirl column, a few documentaries like the Islam one, then there was even some project to set up her own magazine, though I don’t think that went far. She did modelling for a high-street lingerie brand (I think she was dropped when the drug stuff came out). She even had a terrible chat show for a while - it was panned and disappeared. I doubt anyone was given so many chances for so little talent and yet she didn’t seem to appreciate any of it.
She set up topless photos to be taken on the beach by paparazzi. This apparently then resulted in her getting the lingerie deal (I think it was Ultimo).

• Wow

plinky2

VIP Member
Didn’t Paula and Bob get married when they had been together for 10 years? Which would have meant they started dating in 1976 when she was 16/17.
I did see this but also that they met Xmas 1977 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m not actually sure and it’s confusing

Those poor, poor men eh? I mean she was half their age but of course she was a ‘flighty peroxide’ shrew who Bob and Michael just couldn’t get away from.
Spare me.
She was a year older than Michael Hutchence and Bob Geldof was 8 years older than her.
---
Bob was about 7 or 8 years older than Paula, and Michael was a year or so younger - she really wasn't half their age
Sorry I posted before I seen your reply!!

Jane Tee

VIP Member
She seems to have turned out ok and avoided the limelight. She didn’t know Michael‘s family and they didn’t do the best job with him. At least she has her sisters and she seems to hang out with Pixie.
Shes lived in Australia for years i believe, with her boyfriend.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I watched this. Paula looked very much like Hughie when he was young, more so than the daughter from his marriage i thought. Paula looked nothing like Yates.
Never knew Hughie was a nepo kid too
Not exactly nepo as Harry Tate was his godfather. Yeah, Paula and Hughie are peas in a pod aren’t they? At least Jess Yates was already passed and didn’t have to see it play out.

femmegirly

Chatty Member
They got married in 1986 , so she was 26 or 27 . Not 18.
You’re right! I got confused with Jane (Jonathon Ross’s wife) as I’ve been reading about both at the same time. A lot of parallels. I’ve edited. Still gross no matter when they got married though.

Eirawen

VIP Member
No, what you said is you was expecting her to come back at Hislop but she didn’t.
Then I made the point that we only see 28 mins of a three hour record so who knows what was said.
You seem to have taken offence at that as if I contradicted you, in fact I expanded on what you commented. Sorry if you thought I was accusing you of saying something other than what you said.
I have not taken offence I just had no idea what you were on about . And I saw the original HIGNFY years ago and she did not get back at Hislop.

Jane Tee

VIP Member
I'm sure that I read this book years ago. IIRC Ms Thornton was a Bluebell Girl and stated that she'd been raped by Huey Green? Gerry Agar penned another book which discussed the explicit photos and drug use.
I think her mum is still alive. I just googled and i think she'd be in her eighties.

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Is Paula Yates mum still alive? I've looked on Google and can't find anything about her nowadays.
I never heard that she'd died, but I googled her a months ago and didn't see anything recent about her. So not sure.
I'm guessing Pixie, Fifi and Tiger have no relationship with her.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I heard his parents ruled themselves out. she was born in the uk and her closest known blood relatives were her sisters. Also I think the sisters really wanted her, too, after losing their mum. I think Peaches and Pixie chose the name Tiger Lily for her.
So what did Paula call her then?

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I don’t normally engage in the paternity speculation because genes and genetics are weird things but I do agree that pixie is the very spit of TTD.

Do the dates line up with their affair?
Absolutely not. Pixie is only a year younger than Peaches, so Paula would have had to be doing it with Pixie’s dad 3 months or so after giving birth.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Does anyone know what Paula’s tattoo was of? In some pics it looks like a swallow with a scroll underneath but then in others it looks bigger, like she’d had it covered up but I can’t make out with what.
I think it was some Japanese style koi or something? This is going from memory, I haven’t looked it up. Definitely a cover up.