Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
really? I never got mean girl vibes off her. I don’t remember her being unkind or cruel when Michael left her for Paula.

She’s always to my knowledge spoken pretty warmly of Michael, she’s friends with her ex and father of her son and had a friendship with Orlando bloom for a while.

I always got the impression she was nice enough, a little beige but more down to earth than a lot of her contemporaries.
I have nothing to base it on. She just reminds me of the sort of person that would pinch someone or if she was babysitting she would enjoy letting the baby cry. I don’t know really I get irrational dislikes.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve only ever seen Helena Christiansen being interviewed by Graham Norton and she came over well and I really warmed to her. She was quite gracious when he took the piss out of her son’s name, when I would have punched him in the face if it had been me (he’s called Mingus, I think, which is..unusual, but still. He was really rude). They’d also both (her and GN) been invited to Liza Minelli’s wedding to David Gest after Liza and Helena had appeared on the GN show together previously. That was quite an odd moment, as it just came out of left field and I don’t think Liza knew either GN or HC before the show.

Reactions: 7
No idea if she’s nice or not but I saw her on the Graham Norton show years ago and she seemed incredibly boring
IIRC Michael’s sister said something along the lines of… had Michael been dating Kylie or Helena or women like them, women less selfish than Paula, he’d still be alive.

for what it’s worth, his sister appeared to think Paula was selfish whereas Kylie and Helena weren’t and were women his family seemed to get on with. Tina in particular said he was very happy with Helena, and that Helena was close to his parents. She also said

“Michael was so enamoured with Helena that anything she wanted to do seemed right for him.

“She was quick-witted and smart and would make Michael laugh a lot, which was good, because he worked so hard.”

Tina seemed to be under the impression they broke up because Michael wouldn’t commit to marriage;

Reactions: 10
Helena has come across bland the couple of times I’ve seen her interviewed, but maybe she brought something light-hearted to Michael’s life. She certainly doesn’t seem like a destructive person. I’d wager I’d much rather my brother was dating her than the chaotic selfish disaster that was Paula.

Michael & Paula were a toxic combination. I’m happy and pleasantly surprised that Tiger Lily seems grounded and normal. Maybe it’s no bad thing she didn’t wind up with all her dad’s money to be honest, would it have done her that much good?

Reactions: 11
I think Helena and Kylie were MH’s type originally as he seemed to like nice, calm, intelligent, hard working, stable women. His non famous ex girlfriends were similar nature - mature, kind, calm etc, none of them would give MH the dramatic nagging, complaining type of tit and they all adored him in a puppy love type way, even after breaking up had no bad feelings towards him. The OG MH sounds fun, sweet and he did like art and poetry a lot I don’t think he was dim he was very shy.

The later years MH had become very depressed and although he did seek some help, I don’t think it was really working as he kept taking drugs. The documentaries and books said he tried therapy but the Bob situation made him angry. He was worried about INXS as when britpop started, his band was no longer trendy and he was competing against oasis. He wasn’t even being that nice to his band mates.

Paula should have just flown to Aus with TL and left the older girls in school. Bob had to get an emergency custody hearing at Christmas to stop her, so this IMO was always on Paula for making bad decisions and she should not have promised this to MH. Paula wanted to recreate this new big magical family with MH and I don’t blame BG for feeling like he was being written out, especially when he was the one providing the stability for his kids. Fifi didn’t even seem to want to go, judging by what she’s said so I have no clue why Paula was trying to drag her along. Paula made those girls life 10,000 harder by so many of the things she did, the divorce was horrible because she chose to make it so.

here is some of the info from that time which is v interesting. She was a spend thrift who threw a rock through the window of her own house

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/COUR...+It+was+the+worst+8+hours+of+my...-a061315867

she ended up having To build a terrible fence around this house which made MH more depressed cos it blocked out All the light. The press wouldn’t leave them alone here

D69C9876-8B1B-4680-B6EC-5783FCDE3E03.jpeg

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
That’s gross but it’s not illegal, is it? In fact, most stuff is legal between two consenting adults these days. I always wonder if they just mean anal (but that’s not illegal anyway) but I’m probably quite vanilla when it comes to celebrities and their sex lives (and reading some of the stuff MH and PY got up to, I’m quite happy with that i.e the rubber suits, massaging her arse cheeks ‘for hours’ etc).

I think a lot of celeb type men push the boundaries when it comes to sex out of sheer boredom. They can have any woman they want, so they don’t even get a buzz out of ‘the chase’ and have to find it in other ways. Not my cup of tea. I wouldn’t want to be a performing monkey for a man in the bedroom just to keep him interested.
Massaging her butt cheeks for hours sounds boring .

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think Helena and Kylie were MH’s type originally as he seemed to like nice, calm, intelligent, hard working, stable women. His non famous ex girlfriends were similar nature - mature, kind, calm etc, none of them would give MH the dramatic nagging, complaining type of tit and they all adored him in a puppy love type way, even after breaking up had no bad feelings towards him. The OG MH sounds fun, sweet and he did like art and poetry a lot I don’t think he was dim he was very shy.

The later years MH had become very depressed and although he did seek some help, I don’t think it was really working as he kept taking drugs. The documentaries and books said he tried therapy but the Bob situation made him angry. He was worried about INXS as when britpop started, his band was no longer trendy and he was competing against oasis. He wasn’t even being that nice to his band mates.

Paula should have just flown to Aus with TL and left the older girls in school. Bob had to get an emergency custody hearing at Christmas to stop her, so this IMO was always on Paula for making bad decisions and she should not have promised this to MH. Paula wanted to recreate this new big magical family with MH and I don’t blame BG for feeling like he was being written out, especially when he was the one providing the stability for his kids. Fifi didn’t even seem to want to go, judging by what she’s said so I have no clue why Paula was trying to drag her along. Paula made those girls life 10,000 harder by so many of the things she did, the divorce was horrible because she chose to make it so.

here is some of the info from that time which is v interesting. She was a spend thrift who threw a rock through the window of her own house

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/COUR...+It+was+the+worst+8+hours+of+my...-a061315867

she ended up having To build a terrible fence around this house which made MH more depressed cos it blocked out All the light. The press wouldn’t leave them alone here

View attachment 2046554

That fence although ugly doesn’t seem high enough to block out the natural light. Micheal sounds like a bit of a whinger.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
That fence although ugly doesn’t seem high enough to block out the natural light. Micheal sounds like a bit of a whinger.
He gave up a penthouse with glass roof and jacuzzi for a house that looked a ‘little scruffier’ than the rest 😂
---
Sounds like a circus, and nowhere does it sound like Paula put the needs of her children before anything else.

Reactions: 12
So Michael wasn’t even able to keep a coherent conversation going after the accident ? Then it’s clear, the only way for having a relationship and connecting is through having sex.

Reactions: 6
So Michael wasn’t even able to keep a coherent conversation going after the accident ? Then it’s clear, the only way for having a relationship and connecting is through having sex.
Sex which just sounds like her trying to be wilder and more mental just to keep him interested.

Reactions: 8
100%. Why was an expectation created that someone else’s children would be allowed to fly to the other side of the world to visit their mother’s boyfriend? And why was so much emphasis put on that that it had to turn into court battles and all the histrionics. We know who must have put that idea in Michael’s head.

I don’t really like Bob but I can’t fault his position on that one — they’re his kids not Michael’s, the guy was taking drugs and behaving wildly, Australia is a very long way away and Paula was unstable too.

Michael and Bob argued — to me, Paula tried to make Bob sound like the bad guy after this, but Bob did nothing wrong in refusing this, it was a ridiculous idea in the first place. If you ask me, typical disordered thinking from someone abusing drugs and/or alcoholic: wants something unreasonable, can’t see the other side, reacts super out of proportion when a more rational person pushes back on the madness (I am like this when drinking too).

I totally agree with you, Tiger Lily should have gone with her mum if Paula really wanted to see Michael and have Michael see his actual child. If Paula wanted to be closer to all her kids then Michael could have done the travelling.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
They were 2 damaged people who invariably damaged each other too, Paula was consumed by Michael to her detriment I feel.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.