Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so odd isn’t it how he just left the baby with her? I know this just repeating previous threads but it is still soo odd. I mean they must have thought she was ‘ok’ to care for him she probably put on a front and that was that. I’ve worked closely with addicts and some go to great lengths to prove that they are ‘ok’ to cope with their children. It’s so sad to think that baby boy was left by himself for all that time. I hope they are both doing well. I think it’s good that for the most part the media have left them well alone.

Been a social worker you can usually see straight through though…🤔
I know some families that have got past social services so many times. Many social workers are absolutely crap sadly.

The rumour was that Tom killed her. The blind was on crazydaysandnights

Found it https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/10/todays-blind-items-he-killed-her.html?m=1
Well given there was cameras and security and an inquest and investigation, and she had purchased heroin with a much higher toxicity than she was used to, I find that highly unlikely, much as it’s a great story. The social worker dad drove Phaedra back to the house the day before and Tom was elsewhere. They were both posting on social media. Peaches was posting weird tit to do with Elliot Smith continually that night before she died.
Tom was young and whilst that doesn’t excuse him, what a mess to find himself part of. He clearly loved the boys and Peaches. I’d rather imagine he got drunk and blamed himself, himself for leaving her alone or whatever. To say ‘it’s my fault’ doesn’t mean he went and injected her or gave it to her and I hardly think the family would be left with the boys. Who he then removed from social media.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
That CDAN blind is such shite. As if the family would sweep the small matter of Tom murdering Peaches under the carpet “for the sake of the kids”.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
That CDAN blind is such shite. As if the family would sweep the small matter of Tom murdering Peaches under the carpet “for the sake of the kids”.
Actually hilarious, so not only did her sister supposedly happily take the fact he killed her, then another person seeing him was perfectly fine with him being a sinister murderer and looking after infant children. And a whole family did not want justice, they decided it was for the best. Aside from this, Peaches had a long history of drug use and to my knowledge, Tom was nothing like this, and to randomly suggest he turned up at the house with Astala to find Phaedra alone with his dead mother so he just injected her a bit more is beyond ludicrous. And the fact she was alone and posting the night before and his account of giving the boys yoghurts for lunch after he found her because he didn’t know what else to do while he waited. It’s actually really awful to have such bollocks printed when what they went through must’ve been actually horrific. His finding her dead, his baby luckily, seemingly unharmed despite the hazards and drugs, and his other child with him. It’s just so awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I’m not blaming Peaches for getting knocked up. I think they were both too young, stupid and hedonistic to think about contraception. No doubt full of romantic boho pretensions about hordes of mop headed kids scampering through their house.
I think you are absolutely right. Paula used to write about visions of an Enid Blyton-style childhood for her children, which was mostly fiction, so it's not surprising her daughter had the same vision. Neither of them were hindered by money troubles, thanks to Saint Bob, so in an ideal world, they could have had a dozen children in as many years, in their beautiful countryside home.

It's all so sad that it all ended in such a sordid and tragic way. I hope the poisoned chalice has stopped being passed on, in the Geldof family, now.

Reactions: 16
That blind item is utter horseshit.

As for the Daisy and Tom briefly going out thing, some might see it as weird but isn't it actually fairly common for widows and their spouses' loved ones to get together? They're united in grief and it can bring them closer. Obviously didn't last long in their case and they've both moved on but it isn't unheard of.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That blind item is utter horseshit.

As for the Daisy and Tom briefly going out thing, some might see it as weird but isn't it actually fairly common for widows and their spouses' loved ones to get together? They're united in grief and it can bring them closer. Obviously didn't last long in their case and they've both moved on but it isn't unheard of.
Yes there does seem to he a lot of e
widowers who have relationships with their wives best friend!

Reactions: 6
And no doubt he knew and did nothing. I know this is easier said than done because you can’t help who you fall in love with but when you have children if your partner isn’t interested then why on earth continue the relationship? Idk seems to me bob was a crappy father to those girls. I have 3 girls myself and my god I would do everything in my power to prevent them been addicted to drugs that is honestly one of my biggest fears.
I think it’s commonly agreed he was a pretty distant father. IIRC Bob came from a reasonably well off family but his parents were distant and aloof. I always though he has an equally distant parenting style.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I think it’s commonly agreed he was a pretty distant father. IIRC Bob came from a reasonably well off family but his parents were distant and aloof. I always though he has an equally distant parenting style.
I’m not sure Tiger would have been placed by a court at 4 after being with her dead mother and previously had her father die, with a family (Bob and Jeanne) who were hands off and distant. She was fought over and they would have had to assess things very carefully. They are notoriously private but everything I saw of him posted by the girls was loving and close and they stayed with him regularly at his countryside home. So just because someone doesn’t court media to prove they are present, doesn’t necessarily mean they are not,

Reactions: 9
Imo Tom did/does drugs as well. Might be shallow, but even just from his looks and the image he creates. Also, I think, just like someone else said, they wanted their children early on, for the ultimate boho-lifestyle.

I think, Tom knew about her drug addiction, that she was consuming regularly. Is this a reason though, for not letting her alone with a baby? She consumed many years without an overdose. I don’t find this that weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Imo Tom did/does drugs as well. Might be shallow, but even just from his looks and the image he creates. Also, I think, just like someone else said, they wanted their children early on, for the ultimate boho-lifestyle.

I think, Tom knew about her drug addiction, that she was consuming regularly. Is this a reason though, for not letting her alone with a baby? She consumed many years without an overdose. I don’t find this that weird.
She had documented overdoses and had been in rehab. He was very open at the inquest about how things had been in the days before her death. She had back to back babies not long before and was heavily montitored.
Tom knew of her addiction obviously but to suggest from his looks and image he was a heavy user is really a bit much on anyone. Lots of people dabble and are in social circles where drugs are used, some people still never touch them despite looks, some dabble and move on with life and some get caught. I’ve never come across anything suggesting Tom had a drug problem, even less so a heroin user. To be honest if he was, their home life would not have been how it was as a huge amount was online and you simply couldn’t hold it together that much.
IMHO she had a problem but settled with Tom and had a baby (most likely to ‘save’ her) this was enough for a while and she coped with prescription meds, she had the second baby and then once they moved, she relapsed a couple of times. Tom found out and she went to rehab promising she would stop. We all know the ending. Given he made her flush away a large amount of gear when he found it, very upset, I cannot see a drug user doing that.

Reactions: 19
I’m not sure Tiger would have been placed by a court at 4 after being with her dead mother and previously had her father die, with a family (Bob and Jeanne) who were hands off and distant. She was fought over and they would have had to assess things very carefully. They are notoriously private but everything I saw of him posted by the girls was loving and close and they stayed with him regularly at his countryside home. So just because someone doesn’t court media to prove they are present, doesn’t necessarily mean they are not,
this is true, but a court factors in other things beyond how “loving” and affectionate a carer is.

for one, staying with Bob meant tiger would be raised with her sisters, thus ensuring some continuity. She would stay in the U.K. in familiar surroundings. Further, some of tiger Lily’s blood relatives on the Hurchence side (namely her paternal grandparents), felt she was better off staying with her sisters in the U.K. and supported Bob, which would’ve been pretty compelling.

the other option was to release her to family in Australia, a half sister of Michael Hutchence, which meant having a child leave the U.K. jurisdiction (risky) to be with people she wasn’t as familiar with, in an unfamiliar environment. There was also concerns that Michael’s half sister was seeking custody in the hope of gaining access to any of Tiger’s potential inheritance.

Bob was the lesser of two evils, I always thought. Maybe he is a loving and present father though. Ultimately you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
this is true, but a court factors in other things beyond how “loving” and affectionate a carer is.

for one, staying with Bob meant tiger would be raised with her sisters, thus ensuring some continuity. She would stay in the U.K. in familiar surroundings. Further, some of tiger Lily’s blood relatives on the Hurchence side (namely her paternal grandparents), felt she was better off staying with her sisters in the U.K. and supported Bob, which would’ve been pretty compelling.

the other option was to release her to family in Australia, a half sister of Michael Hutchence, which meant having a child leave the U.K. jurisdiction (risky) to be with people she wasn’t as familiar with, in an unfamiliar environment. There was also concerns that Michael’s half sister was seeking custody in the hope of gaining access to any of Tiger’s potential inheritance.

Bob was the lesser of two evils, I always thought. Maybe he is a loving and present father though. Ultimately you never know what goes on behind closed doors.
Yes she hardly knew Hutchences family, did she?

Reactions: 4
She had documented overdoses and had been in rehab. He was very open at the inquest about how things had been in the days before her death. She had back to back babies not long before and was heavily montitored.
Tom knew of her addiction obviously but to suggest from his looks and image he was a heavy user is really a bit much on anyone. Lots of people dabble and are in social circles where drugs are used, some people still never touch them despite looks, some dabble and move on with life and some get caught. I’ve never come across anything suggesting Tom had a drug problem, even less so a heroin user. To be honest if he was, their home life would not have been how it was as a huge amount was online and you simply couldn’t hold it together that much.
IMHO she had a problem but settled with Tom and had a baby (most likely to ‘save’ her) this was enough for a while and she coped with prescription meds, she had the second baby and then once they moved, she relapsed a couple of times. Tom found out and she went to rehab promising she would stop. We all know the ending. Given he made her flush away a large amount of gear when he found it, very upset, I cannot see a drug user doing that.
I didn’t say he has/had a drug problem. I said, I think he also consumed and maybe still does. That’s my explanation of him not being afraid to leave P with the baby. Because drug use to him was normal.
The heroin flushed through the toilet… who says it’s true? Also, a high functioning user (as we discussed on this thread before), with his usage under control, might still flush huge amounts of the drug, because he doesn’t want to get tempted/still has some boundaries.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I didn’t say he has/had a drug problem. I said, I think he also consumed and maybe still does. That’s my explanation of him not being afraid to leave P with the baby. Because drug use to him was normal.
The heroin flushed through the toilet… who says it’s true? Also, a high functioning user (as we discussed on this thread before), with his usage under control, might still flush huge amounts of the drug, because he doesn’t want to get tempted/still has some boundaries.
You are talking about heroin. Have you ever done it?

Or been around people who inject heroin? Peaches 100% looked like someone with a drug problem and using drugs, you could see it. Tom actually looks really healthy with clear eyes and skin, so this assumption is based on his style and looks which is awful.

He didn’t leave P with Peaches, his dad did.
security at the house confirmed at the inquest who came and went, or is he such a high functioning discreet drug user he can now doctor cctv and do all this.
The posts about drug use show absolutely no experience of real drug use, just stereotypical judgments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Yes there does seem to he a lot of e
widowers who have relationships with their wives best friend!
Caroline Flack's boyfriend hooked up with one of her close friends and they have subsequently had a baby.

Is Tom dating anyone now, does anyone know?

Reactions: 3
You are talking about heroin. Have you ever done it?

Or been around people who inject heroin? Peaches 100% looked like someone with a drug problem and using drugs, you could see it. Tom actually looks really healthy with clear eyes and skin, so this assumption is based on his style and looks which is awful.

He didn’t leave P with Peaches, his dad did.
security at the house confirmed at the inquest who came and went, or is he such a high functioning discreet drug user he can now doctor cctv and do all this.
The posts about drug use show absolutely no experience of real drug use, just stereotypical judgments.
Maybe you‘re right.
He wouldn’t have to inject heroin though. And as I said, people in the last thread stated, they used heroin, yet somehow controlled and no one else noticed.

You on the other hand assume just from his looks that he cannot possibly use drugs. So… why is it so horrible to go by looks?

Also, it is only a terrible assumption, if you are judgemental against drug user. I‘m not.

Also, I didn’t mean literally Tom left Phaedra with Peaches. I know his dad dropped the baby off. But I think Tom was involved in the decision. So in this sense of the word, he, the father, left his son with his mother.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
There were hundreds of fans who denied Peaches had ever taken drugs, and got very nasty when it was suggested her death was drugs related. So I don’t agree that she obviously looked like a smackhead.
Just as I don’t agree that Tom looks totally clean, and like a great dad.

Reactions: 13
His mother died when he was a very small child, around 6 or 7 yrs. Prior to that she was a loving mother so not sure where the "aloof and distant " comes from.
His Dad Bob Snr made his living out on the road as a Commercial Salesman so Bob effectively was left to fend for himself.
Perhaps this affected his own parenting style, who knows.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.