Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And no doubt he knew and did nothing. I know this is easier said than done because you can’t help who you fall in love with but when you have children if your partner isn’t interested then why on earth continue the relationship? Idk seems to me bob was a crappy father to those girls. I have 3 girls myself and my god I would do everything in my power to prevent them been addicted to drugs that is honestly one of my biggest fears.
I understood she was involved but just not in a very public way (complete opposite to Paula) The girls seem pretty close to their dad and see him.
Sadly there is actually no way of stopping a child hell bent on doing drugs no matter what you put in place (unless you lock them up) they will find a way. It was one of my biggest fears and sadly became a reality with one of mine and I can’t tell you how hard I tried.
what I don’t understand is having followed peaches she had 2 relapses prior to her death (she collected her methadone at a local pharmacy regularly) but slipped and so went into rehab twice. It seems incredibly risky therefore to leave her for extended periods in a house in the middle of nowhere most weekends whilst Tom focused on his music and his parents had the boys. What on earth did they all think was going to happen?
Taking Phaedra back one day only to discover the next she was dead. But Tom stated he had found her stash recently.
So all very strange and risky. Maybe they couldn’t have stopped her, but the baby.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I understood she was involved but just not in a very public way (complete opposite to Paula) The girls seem pretty close to their dad and see him.
Sadly there is actually no way of stopping a child hell bent on doing drugs no matter what you put in place (unless you lock them up) they will find a way. It was one of my biggest fears and sadly became a reality with one of mine and I can’t tell you how hard I tried.
what I don’t understand is having followed peaches she had 2 relapses prior to her death (she collected her methadone at a local pharmacy regularly) but slipped and so went into rehab twice. It seems incredibly risky therefore to leave her for extended periods in a house in the middle of nowhere most weekends whilst Tom focused on his music and his parents had the boys. What on earth did they all think was going to happen?
Taking Phaedra back one day only to discover the next she was dead. But Tom stated he had found her stash recently.
So all very strange and risky. Maybe they couldn’t have stopped her, but the baby.
This is what I don’t understand. Why leave your heroin addicted wife alone with a little baby? Maybe he thought the presence of the baby would stop her using? I’m still baffled by it. Phaedra could have died too.

Reactions: 26
This is what I don’t understand. Why leave your heroin addicted wife alone with a little baby? Maybe he thought the presence of the baby would stop her using? I’m still baffled by it. Phaedra could have died too.
Never understood it, but he was young too and maybe he just had to trust her. But seems reckless to take them away when they were probably a reason to not use. However she had been in rehab twice and maybe she convinced them she was fine and the break would be good. We don’t know I guess. Absolutely heartbreaking and that poor baby.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I know she had a lot of problems. It does seem that Jeanne Marine was actually pretty active in their lives though? Was a hell of a role to step into.
From what I heard, her and Tiger became pretty close. Perhaps it was easier to bond with a young child with less obvious attachments as opposed to the other girls who were older, had grown up remembering their mum and were grieving.

Children really crave boundaries and structure and the elder girls lacked that. It's no wonder they all had their wild phases really, although obviously Peaches seems to have been the worst affected.

Reactions: 11
However you look at the baby been left with peaches is totally wrong. To think his dads a social worker too 🤯. I’m know addicts can be the most manipulative people and can try and be the best liars.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It was the dad that drove Phaedra back. Mind you she had been an addict the entire time she knew him so maybe they thought she was managing. But there was 2 extended periods where she didn’t have her phone (it was ‘lost’ etc which for someone addicted to their phone is ridiculous) and clearly she was away.
I was blocked because she was saying how she couldn’t breastfeed due to thyroid medication, and I asked what that was as my daughter had just been diagnosed with a thyroid issue and I was interested (as she was sharing) and she blocked me 🙈 but obvs she was on methadone and heroin which is not quite the same…

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I wonder if all the family were in complete denial about how bad the drug addiction was?
Peaches was charming and probably convinced her husband and in-laws that she was fine.

Reactions: 11
It was the dad that drove Phaedra back. Mind you she had been an addict the entire time she knew him so maybe they thought she was managing. But there was 2 extended periods where she didn’t have her phone (it was ‘lost’ etc which for someone addicted to their phone is ridiculous) and clearly she was away.
I was blocked because she was saying how she couldn’t breastfeed due to thyroid medication, and I asked what that was as my daughter had just been diagnosed with a thyroid issue and I was interested (as she was sharing) and she blocked me 🙈 but obvs she was on methadone and heroin which is not quite the same…
It’s so odd isn’t it how he just left the baby with her? I know this just repeating previous threads but it is still soo odd. I mean they must have thought she was ‘ok’ to care for him she probably put on a front and that was that. I’ve worked closely with addicts and some go to great lengths to prove that they are ‘ok’ to cope with their children. It’s so sad to think that baby boy was left by himself for all that time. I hope they are both doing well. I think it’s good that for the most part the media have left them well alone.

I wonder if all the family were in complete denial about how bad the drug addiction was?
Peaches was charming and probably convinced her husband and in-laws that she was fine.
Been a social worker you can usually see straight through though…🤔

Reactions: 17
It’s so odd isn’t it how he just left the baby with her? I know this just repeating previous threads but it is still soo odd. I mean they must have thought she was ‘ok’ to care for him she probably put on a front and that was that. I’ve worked closely with addicts and some go to great lengths to prove that they are ‘ok’ to cope with their children. It’s so sad to think that baby boy was left by himself for all that time. I hope they are both doing well. I think it’s good that for the most part the media have left them well alone.

Been a social worker you can usually see straight through though…🤔
There was a rumour on this site or some other site that the husband had something to do with her death. He had confessed when drunk, again I don’t remember for certain the exact facts of what he said. But what stood out was her family’s response is “she would have died anyway “ and left it! Really the story told doesn’t add up. Especially when there were so many professional’s involved(his dad). 99% of time if something doesn’t add up, there is something wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
My hunch, knowing nothing about Tom except how young he was, is that Peaches was the boss and he was along for the ride. I don’t think either of the pregnancies were planned and can’t imagine that he particularly wanted to be a father at that age, but what was done was done. I’m sure he loved Peaches and was happy to marry into the family (💰) but there’s no way that marriage and two babies was his life plan at 21.

Bearing that in mind, I’m not surprised he handed the baby over despite any concerns he may have had about her using again. I think he was too young and naive and did as he was told.

Reactions: 17
There was a rumour on this site or some other site that the husband had something to do with her death. He had confessed when drunk, again I don’t remember for certain the exact facts of what he said. But what stood out was her family’s response is “she would have died anyway “ and left it! Really the story told doesn’t add up. Especially when there were so many professional’s involved(his dad). 99% of time if something doesn’t add up, there is something wrong.
Yeah it was a blind I remember

• Wow
Reactions: 6
My hunch, knowing nothing about Tom except how young he was, is that Peaches was the boss and he was along for the ride. I don’t think either of the pregnancies were planned and can’t imagine that he particularly wanted to be a father at that age, but what was done was done. I’m sure he loved Peaches and was happy to marry into the family (💰) but there’s no way that marriage and two babies was his life plan at 21.

Bearing that in mind, I’m not surprised he handed the baby over despite any concerns he may have had about her using again. I think he was too young and naive and did as he was told.
If he didn’t want to father children, he should have double wrapped. 21 is young, sure, but he wasn’t an innocent boy, being led astray by a beguiling woman. After the first child was born, he should have made sure there wasn’t a second child.

I sound like I’m blaming him but I’m not. I just think he shouldn’t get a free pass because of his age.

Reactions: 25
I’m not blaming Peaches for getting knocked up. I think they were both too young, stupid and hedonistic to think about contraception. No doubt full of romantic boho pretensions about hordes of mop headed kids scampering through their house.

Reactions: 22
Yes wasn't the rumour he told Daisy Lowe? When they went out for that very brief period?

Reactions: 5
Yes and that’s why they allegedly broke up. Also how strange was that relationship? So odd
If that's true, she is complicit in covering up a murder. Also, is the rumour Thomas killed her or his dad killed her? Why leave the baby there either way? It would have been easy to have said ' I brought the baby back because I didn't think he was safe, but she was fast asleep ' or even ' no one answered the door'.

Reactions: 5
If that's true, she is complicit in covering up a murder. Also, is the rumour Thomas killed her or his dad killed her? Why leave the baby there either way? It would have been easy to have said ' I brought the baby back because I didn't think he was safe, but she was fast asleep ' or even ' no one answered the door'.
The rumour was that Tom killed her. The blind was on crazydaysandnights

Found it https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/10/todays-blind-items-he-killed-her.html?m=1

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
No doubt full of romantic boho pretensions about hordes of mop headed kids scampering through their house.
I think they were all delusional about how their amazing Boho lifestyles were all fine, and ordinary people just aren't as free or advanced thinkers as they were. A lot of the PH set were like that, and then conveniently forget how f Ed up their kids were as a result when they try to reinvent themselves as some other type of healthy living guru later in life.

The rumour was that Tom killed her. The blind was on crazydaysandnights
So he killed her then the family concocted the whole story and dropped the baby round to be found? It's the baby aspect that makes both versions odd. If the story didn't involve a baby being left alone then it would have been far more believable. The kids were out of the house, they could have staged the whole thing and had an alibi. The baby being there makes no sense.
Edited after reading the cdan link: so Thomas was sleeping with Peaches, Daisy and presumably Pixie at the same time? I know he went out with Daisy for a time, but had forgotten about the sister.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I think they were all delusional about how their amazing Boho lifestyles were all fine, and ordinary people just aren't as free or advanced thinkers as they were. A lot of the PH set were like that, and then conveniently forget how f Ed up their kids were as a result when they try to reinvent themselves as some other type of healthy living guru later in life.
Exactly that!

This point has been done to death regarding Peaches and people like her, but there’s always this notion that drug use/chaotic lifestyles/having kids super young is fine and dandy and boho when you’re rich and beautiful, but it’s trashy when you’re uneducated and poor.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.