Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m from the generation who loved Paula Yates. She was a ballsy, confident and engaging woman. She made the Tube absolute compulsory viewing. Loved her. I remember hearing her death and I cried.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I’m from the generation who loved Paula Yates. She was a ballsy, confident and engaging woman. She made the Tube absolute compulsory viewing. Loved her. I remember hearing her death and I cried.
I’m from the same generation and found her completely awful, terrible female role model and mother. And I don’t know anyone who thought she was great!!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m from the same generation and found her completely awful, terrible female role model and mother. And I don’t know anyone who thought she was great!!
I’m the Same here!! Very selfish!! Me me me!! No doubt talented. What her children went through!!

Reactions: 17
Do we know, when and why she did do that? Wasn’t it the girls were just old enough?
Well there’s lots of stories but no, they were small, Peaches and Pixie were very attached and remained so, Fifi was a bit older. Evidentially Paula changed it. But then they lost the only constant. And if you followed Anita (the nanny) and the Geldof girls on social media, it was obvious how important she was to them as adults. Either way, Paula did not put her children ahead of men or drugs.
Even today there’s an article about Bono and his wife being asked to be godparents as they were close but turned it down due to Paula and Micheals drug use spiralling around the children. That ended their friendship and within months micheal was dead.

Ahh ok, she quite after working non stop when the house was raided and drugs found in a smartie tube. It looks like she went to Bobs for a bit to watch them while everything blew up. But she was there from there births.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Well there’s lots of stories but no, they were small, Peaches and Pixie were very attached and remained so, Fifi was a bit older. Evidentially Paula changed it. But then they lost the only constant. And if you followed Anita (the nanny) and the Geldof girls on social media, it was obvious how important she was to them as adults. Either way, Paula did not put her children ahead of men or drugs.
Even today there’s an article about Bono and his wife being asked to be godparents as they were close but turned it down due to Paula and Micheals drug use spiralling around the children. That ended their friendship and within months micheal was dead.

Ahh ok, she quite after working non stop when the house was raided and drugs found in a smartie tube. It looks like she went to Bobs for a bit to watch them while everything blew up. But she was there from there births.
Thank you! Now I remember this was discussed on here before. I completely forgot, sorry!

I followed Anita on Insta as well, before Peaches‘ death. They really were very close, even her children she seemed to know well, although she was the nanny for another family at that time.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you! Now I remember this was discussed on here before. I completely forgot, sorry!

I followed Anita on Insta as well, before Peaches‘ death. They really were very close, even her children she seemed to know well, although she was the nanny for another family at that time.
Yes she then worked with another family all the way through till they were grown didnt she? Seemed so lovely.

Reactions: 3
Could she maybe have had surgery as well though. 😅
Shame if she needed to go down that road. Hope not. At least she doesn't seem to have the balloon lips.

As for Peaches, growing up it looks like she needed a strong hand to get her through adolescence and from what I can gather, the girls were pretty much left to get on with it.

Reactions: 4
Shame if she needed to go down that road. Hope not. At least she doesn't seem to have the balloon lips.

As for Peaches, growing up it looks like she needed a strong hand to get her through adolescence and from what I can gather, the girls were pretty much left to get on with it.
Didn't they have their own self-contained part of Bob's house, so could come and go as they pleased?
Shockingly bad parenting if so.

• Sad
Must’ve been so hard parenting them though with a dead mum and step dad. Peaches was always a wild one and seem to gravitate to heroin to connect with and understand her mum. Tragic.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Must’ve been so hard parenting them though with a dead mum and step dad. Peaches was always a wild one and seem to gravitate to heroin to connect with and understand her mum. Tragic.
Peaches started using drugs very young. I can remember her being blue-lighted to hospital after collapsing due to "an allergic reaction to hair dye" when she was about 15.

Jeanne Marine didn't appear to want to step into the role of living and nurturing stepmum, which is what those little girls needed. I'm surprised Peaches is the only one to go off the rails so badly. The other 3 seem to be doing okay.

• Heart
Peaches started using drugs very young. I can remember her being blue-lighted to hospital after collapsing due to "an allergic reaction to hair dye" when she was about 15.

Jeanne Marine didn't appear to want to step into the role of living and nurturing stepmum, which is what those little girls needed. I'm surprised Peaches is the only one to go off the rails so badly. The other 3 seem to be doing okay.
I know she had a lot of problems. It does seem that Jeanne Marine was actually pretty active in their lives though? Was a hell of a role to step into.

Reactions: 2

And no doubt he knew and did nothing. I know this is easier said than done because you can’t help who you fall in love with but when you have children if your partner isn’t interested then why on earth continue the relationship? Idk seems to me bob was a crappy father to those girls. I have 3 girls myself and my god I would do everything in my power to prevent them been addicted to drugs that is honestly one of my biggest fears.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I know she had a lot of problems. It does seem that Jeanne Marine was actually pretty active in their lives though? Was a hell of a role to step into.
I don't suppose we'll ever know whether the girls were emotionally supported and cared for after Paula died. Paula hadn't been a big part of their lives for a while, when she passed away. Bob got full custody and Paula was living in a mews house with Tiger.

It's just such a sad, tragic story, and so unnecessary. Paula put herself and her needs above those of her children, following on from the example of her own mum and grandma. She shouldn't have had children really.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.