Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found the documentary to be very careful in what it said and seemed to make Paula out to be some sort of tragic figure. No one made her take heroin ffs.

I'm sure that there were articles in the press about Bob Geldof after she'd died, when he'd met Jeanne and that the children lived in the house next door with a nanny rather than with them.... no wonder Peaches never stood a chance. Neither parent seemed to want to put any of the grunt work into parenting them. I think Bob has been just as poor a parent as Paula was.
But he can’t have been. He got custody of Tiger at 4 years of age through courts, there’s simply no way he’d have been absent and not living in the same house as them. I’d be suspicious (in the sense it’s been made into something it wasn’t) that there was some transitional time where they were with Anita, but at the end of the day she lived with another family for their entire childhood up to adulthood, so she wasn’t with the Geldofs. And in fairness, they have all stayed very quiet and that doesn’t equal lack of care or poor parenting.

Reactions: 6
But he can’t have been. He got custody of Tiger at 4 years of age through courts, there’s simply no way he’d have been absent and not living in the same house as them. I’d be suspicious (in the sense it’s been made into something it wasn’t) that there was some transitional time where they were with Anita, but at the end of the day she lived with another family for their entire childhood up to adulthood, so she wasn’t with the Geldofs. And in fairness, they have all stayed very quiet and that doesn’t equal lack of care or poor parenting.
The next door living situation came to light when the older ones were teens and they had had like a bit of an independent granny flat situation going on. When Peaches drug use came out and she was off the rails, Bob got blamed for being too lenient and letting them have too much freedom

Reactions: 11
The next door living situation came to light when the older ones were teens and they had had like a bit of an independent granny flat situation going on. When Peaches drug use came out and she was off the rails, Bob got blamed for being too lenient and letting them have too much freedom
Hmm as a parent of a child with a massive drug problem you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t, I would not be judging his parenting on that personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
To be fair she had cheated on Bob very publicly and it was probably best that he kept out of her business it could have triggered Paula to latch on to him again which I am sure he didn't want. She was the Mother of his children put she usually put her needs first which and cared little about what others thought or the effect on her children.

RE HIGNY seeing how intelligent she and many others thought she was I was expecting her to come back at slimey Hislop with an almighty put down of her own but she didn't much to my surprise.
Bob was also in the press cheating on her!
They record 3 hours for a 28 minute show, who knows what she said to him and what was cut out?

Reactions: 10
I'm sure that I read this book years ago. IIRC Ms Thornton was a Bluebell Girl and stated that she'd been raped by Huey Green? Gerry Agar penned another book which discussed the explicit photos and drug use.
I think her mum is still alive. I just googled and i think she'd be in her eighties.

Reactions: 2
Well I have just read the last four pages here whilst watching the first channel 4 show and searching to check stuff on the way.

TTD has a daughter. Seraphina Simone if you want to have a look. I can see why people may think it but as a prev poster said I think Pixie just takes after her dads side of the family more.

Re Hughie Green PY's bio Dad - Paula's Mum said this which is quite awful

Feltz didn't have a lot of luck on TBB bed alas.....

I saw PY once, going into a florist in Notting Hill, velvet coat flowing behind her. She was like a rare bird. So colourful and tiny.

• Sad
RE HIGNY seeing how intelligent she and many others thought she was I was expecting her to come back at slimey Hislop with an almighty put down of her own but she didn't much to my surprise.
No, what you said is you was expecting her to come back at Hislop but she didn’t.
Then I made the point that we only see 28 mins of a three hour record so who knows what was said.
You seem to have taken offence at that as if I contradicted you, in fact I expanded on what you commented. Sorry if you thought I was accusing you of saying something other than what you said.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She never came across as that intelligent to me even though I know the ditsy character was a front. She liked to announce her intelligence so people would believe it. I always thought it was a double bluff
Yes, I always thought this. She reminds me a little of my uncles wife who knows a little tiny bit about absolutely everything which she believes makes her the expert on everything!

I think at the time she just felt very beaten down by it. Lots of people hated her by this point including the press and the public. I actually think it was a bit gross that they ganged up on her like that and gave her a harder time than many politicians who have been on (including Bo Jo). I honestly don’t think they would have got away with it these days.

eta: I’ve just watched it on YouTube and tbh, I think it was mostly Ian Hislop than the others. Paul Merton even seemed to be defending her a bit at one point.

I forgot what a bleep Ian Hislop can be.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No, what you said is you was expecting her to come back at Hislop but she didn’t.
Then I made the point that we only see 28 mins of a three hour record so who knows what was said.
You seem to have taken offence at that as if I contradicted you, in fact I expanded on what you commented. Sorry if you thought I was accusing you of saying something other than what you said.
I have not taken offence I just had no idea what you were on about . And I saw the original HIGNFY years ago and she did not get back at Hislop.

Reactions: 2
I'm sure that I read this book years ago. IIRC Ms Thornton was a Bluebell Girl and stated that she'd been raped by Huey Green? Gerry Agar penned another book which discussed the explicit photos and drug use.
Thank you x

But jfc 💸
B53A0903-8E2D-4215-95D7-987FB42B2D0C.png

• Wow
I forgot what a bleep Ian Hislop can be.
Imagine what they left out of the programme if they thought what they showed was acceptable 😬
Hypocrite too - he was one of the ones who defended Angus Deaton after his shennagins while Merton thought he should go immediately as he dragged the programme into disrepute.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.