Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may be way off the mark here as I am too young to remember but would Bob Geldolf have had enough sway to influence the tabloid narrative on Paula?
Most definitely. He was seen as a saint, and Paula as a jezebel.

Reactions: 10
[ course.
[/QUOTE]
Wasn’t that after Michael died though?
It was more that he sold the story. I think others did too. Iirc. No privacy.
---
How as a mother/working woman did she have time for all these affairs?
Because she wasnt an ordinary working mother. She had a nanny, house help, drivers etc.
Plenty of time for leisure activites

Reactions: 18
Watched both episodes of Paula and wondered why Rupert Everett wasn’t mentioned? He openly discussed their affair on Piers Morgan!
It was quite a strange programme altogether really. I think whoever made it was at massive pains to not offend the Geldof family (Bob). Big chunks glossed over or left out, and the bizarre inclusion of Grace Dent and Vanessa Feltz who never mentioned actually meeting her.
It wasn't bad, just really quite odd.

Reactions: 27
PY flounced around writing witty things for columns and fantasising about everything. She actually liked the ‘jezabel’ label as it what what got her jobs - Paula flirting and giggling on TV was her USP. She tried to foray into an Earth mother type and could have done well with that long term but she wasn’t really that good at concentrating on one thing. I do feel sorry for her as she was clearly very damaged from her childhood and was trying to find safety and love but got it mixed up with sex and obsessions

Reactions: 19
How did it come to light that Hughie was her biological father? I know she took a dna test and her mother refused she’d ever slept with HG but how on earth did it come to that in the first place?

Reactions: 7
How did it come to light that Hughie was her biological father? I know she took a dna test and her mother refused she’d ever slept with HG but how on earth did it come to that in the first place?
I watched to doc on Hughie Green at the weekend, a journo friend told the Sun or News of the World.

Reactions: 9
It was bizarre. At Hughie Green's funeral a relative of his mentioned his daughter was Paula Yates in the eulogy 😲. That was the first anyone knew of it.
I can only presume Paula's mother had confided in Hughie Green and he had told this relative.
The relative, an elderly man (Hughie's brother???) went on This Morning with Richard and Judy to talk about it after Paula knew. Tbf to him Richard tore strips off him saying how unkind it was to announce it like that without giving Paula warning. The man seemed genuinely baffled and assumed Paula would be pleased and wanted to welcome her into the Green family 🤦‍♀️. I don't think that happened.
I watched it at the time. All most odd.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I think it's irrelevant whether Courtney is nice/autistic/a psychopath, I'm aware of her history. She's not the only one to notice the oddness of it and how few people who actually knew Paula were included

Re Pixie and Tiger having the same chin, yes, they have Paula's strong jawline.

Reactions: 14
PY flounced around writing witty things for columns and fantasising about everything. She actually liked the ‘jezabel’ label as it what what got her jobs - Paula flirting and giggling on TV was her USP. She tried to foray into an Earth mother type and could have done well with that long term but she wasn’t really that good at concentrating on one thing. I do feel sorry for her as she was clearly very damaged from her childhood and was trying to find safety and love but got it mixed up with sex and obsessions
yeh I think she’s mentioned on the doc herself, she was in her 40s, a mother of 4, her personal life was messy and tragic. Society/the media in the 90s wasn’t forgiving towards “jezebels” especially when they were aging.

the young bubbly flirty schtick wasn’t going to work for her anymore and she was cutely aware of that.

being the wife/girlfriend of a rockstar was her ultimate goal - it always had been. She’d achieve that with Bob and then he’d fallen from popularity. She’d had that with Michael but then he’d died. And at that point, she was the washed up one.

she had retreated to Hastings, and was acutely aware of all of the above. There’s no doubt in my mind that the despair of that realisation drove her to drug abuse.

I see a lot of similarities between Paula and Caroline flack. Both women were successful, popular, flirty tv presenters. Both women were very narcissistic. Both had messy love lives which had blown up in scandal shortly before their deaths. Both were women who were deeply immature and were looking at an (unfairly) bleak existence for women over the age of 40 in their chosen careers.

Reactions: 24
She has. She was diagnosed as a child, which is exceptionally rare for a girl back then.

That’s not to say she doesn’t also have cluster B personality disorders going on also of course.
yep. Being diagnosed with Austism has no real baring on a personality disorder. It doesn’t have to be one or the other, and they can be misdiagnosed for the other (they frequently are).

I don’t know when Courtney’s autism diagnosis was made and I’m not qualified to diagnose her (obviously) but the childhood trauma, the substance abuse, the personal instability which are all well documented - lends itself more to a PD rather than autism. And of course, PDs are also hereditary.

Reactions: 4
I think it's irrelevant whether Courtney is nice/autistic/a psychopath, I'm aware of her history. She's not the only one to notice the oddness of it and how few people who actually knew Paula were included
I agree but I quite like Courtney anyway, personality disorder or not. She just doesn’t give a tit and says what she feels and I respect her for that. And as Bev said upthread, she spoke out about Harvey Weinstein long before anyone else did.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.