Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She seems to have turned out ok and avoided the limelight. She didn’t know Michael‘s family and they didn’t do the best job with him. At least she has her sisters and she seems to hang out with Pixie.

Reactions: 10
I agree that they should have left her alone after he died, anyone with eyes could see she was on a downward spiral. I do think some of her so called friends should have stepped in to do something at point but all the people who associated with her seemed to enjoy the drama and I wonder whether some of them spurred her/the press on.
Agreed too. I havent watched the progs on 4 yet. Am I right in thinking it was only weeks after Michael died that she found out her Dad wasn't her Dad? That's an earth shattering thing to find out on top of grief and a little one.

Reactions: 15
Was Tina the one who tried to get custody of Tiger Lily?

I actually don’t think much of Bob Geldof or his parenting so the fact that Hutchence’s blood family couldn’t get custody of Tiger Lily versus Geldof kind of jumps out at me. I know the idea Geldof had some kind of good reputation from his “charity work” was around, but not so convinced that really swung it.

I don’t have kids so what would I know and appreciate it’s not a kind thought but stellar parenting isn’t jumping out at me when it comes to any of this family.
Tiger had never really met these people though. You can’t realistically have a child with 3 siblings in the U.K. then send them to Australia as a toddler alone after their mother dies. Being with her siblings was more important than being with strangers thousands of miles away. Just because you are a blood relative doesn’t mean you have automatic rights to someone’s child and a court didn’t agree either

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She seems to have turned out ok and avoided the limelight. She didn’t know Michael‘s family and they didn’t do the best job with him. At least she has her sisters and she seems to hang out with Pixie.
Shes lived in Australia for years i believe, with her boyfriend.

Reactions: 2
Agreed too. I havent watched the progs on 4 yet. Am I right in thinking it was only weeks after Michael died that she found out her Dad wasn't her Dad? That's an earth shattering thing to find out on top of grief and a little one.
Yes according to the documentary when they got back from Michael's funeral the press were waiting to ask her about it. Then the DNA test proved it.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Someone I know works in the Tesco in Bobs town she said every time he goes in he try’s to get freebies and is really miserable

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Tbh I feel sorry for her daughters I’m sure they will not appreciate this being aired but I get it I get why it’s been done. She was treated terribly. I’m too young to remember but after taking a liking to peaches I did some research and also learnt a lot from this thread. They have had to deal with such terrible tragedies ☹.

Reactions: 11
Was Tina the one who tried to get custody of Tiger Lily?

I actually don’t think much of Bob Geldof or his parenting so the fact that Hutchence’s blood family couldn’t get custody of Tiger Lily versus Geldof kind of jumps out at me. I know the idea Geldof had some kind of good reputation from his “charity work” was around, but not so convinced that really swung it.

I don’t have kids so what would I know and appreciate it’s not a kind thought but stellar parenting isn’t jumping out at me when it comes to any of this family.
i mentioned before on this thread, but I don’t think it’s a reflection on the Hutchence family (or rather Tina specifically) per se.

a court will rule in the best interests of a child. Tiger Lily had grown up in the U.K. and had her siblings in the U.K. on top of that, Michael’s parents supported the idea of Bob raising Tigerlily.

finally, a U.K. family court would have serious qualms about releasing a child outside their jurisdiction; they have a duty of care to a British child and once said child had been released to go to another country (even if it is to relatives), then that makes it significantly harder to ensure that child is being cared for properly. There would need to be a seriously good case to have released her to Australia, and in the absence of that, they gave custody to Bob.

Reactions: 14
Just watched both episodes of the documentary and omg, Terrance Trent D’arby has got to be Pixies dad, same eyes and mouth. Uncanny.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Just watched both episodes of the documentary and omg, Terrance Trent D’arby has got to be Pixies dad, same eyes and mouth. Uncanny.
I remember some speculation about this years ago, over on the Digital Spy forum. I think it's an interesting spot, the only thing is that Pixie to me doesn't look biracial like Sananda

Reactions: 5
I don’t normally engage in the paternity speculation because genes and genetics are weird things but I do agree that pixie is the very spit of TTD.

Do the dates line up with their affair?

Reactions: 6
I don’t normally engage in the paternity speculation because genes and genetics are weird things but I do agree that pixie is the very spit of TTD.

Don’t know, was hoping someone else could work that one out! 😊
---
I remember some speculation about this years ago, over on the Digital Spy forum. I think it's an interesting spot, the only thing is that Pixie to me doesn't look biracial like Sananda
[/QUOTE
i agree, she doesn’t but neither does my son who’s father is also bi racial.

Reactions: 3
Genetics are a funny thing, it's plausible that a mixed race person and a white person could have a child who was white passing, especially if the mixed race person had more traditionally European features like TTD. I'm more convinced Pixie is TTDs child, than Michael Hutchence's, she has similar features, like wide set eyes and a similar shaped chin

Reactions: 12
Don’t know, was hoping someone else could work that one out
Pixie was born on 17 September 1990 and PY and TTD’s affair was around 1987/1988 (I think Bob found out in 88). I suppose it’s possible if they carried on after Bob found out?

Reactions: 5
Wow, I’ve just checked out some photos of TTD and Pixie and see exactly what people mean.

TTD appeared on The Tube TV show in February 1987. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1202711/

Was that how he and PY met? Realise their paths could have crossed other ways and TTD was a big star at the time and The Tube a notable show so could just be coincidence.

The child of a biracial parent and a white parent may well look white, not biracial — many examples of this in celebrity offspring and I know several people with this background myself who people often assume are white.

It’d be quite the irony if what happened to Paula and Peaches wasn’t the only bit of history repeating and Paula had conceived a child with a man other than her husband just like her mother had done (to Paula’s apparent shock).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

Absolutely not. Pixie is only a year younger than Peaches, so Paula would have had to be doing it with Pixie’s dad 3 months or so after giving birth.

Genetics are a funny thing, it's plausible that a mixed race person and a white person could have a child who was white passing, especially if the mixed race person had more traditionally European features like TTD. I'm more convinced Pixie is TTDs child, than Michael Hutchence's, she has similar features, like wide set eyes and a similar shaped chin
Might Pixie's baby show this up more if it were true?
As you say genetics are a very funny thing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.