Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone on the doc mentioned Paula's phone was tapped so it might not have been her tipping off the press as to their whereabouts.
It wasn't very indepth for a programme if 2 hours. We heard little from the prerecorded tapes.
So much left out.
This is pertinent, I don't think the phone hacking that all the newspapers were doing a few years later was the start of press skulduggery. I think they had ways and means of finding things out way before that

Reactions: 12
I think Courtney is suggesting that the media hounded Paula to death, as they did with Amy and tried to do with Courtney. Obviously it’s more complex than that but I’m sure the press intrusion was a factor.

I think Courtney is suggesting that the media hounded Paula to death, as they did with Amy and tried to do with Courtney. Obviously it’s more complex than that but I’m sure the press intrusion was a factor.
I think Paula and Amy hastened their own deaths by their lifestyle choices.

No judgement from me, I wasn't in their shoes, but I can't be a hypocrite and totally blame the media.

Loved Amy's music and still feel so sad that she died so young. Paula leaving four little kids motherless was tragic too.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Michael Hutchence sister Tina sounds very bitter. Didn't like Paula, but also didn't like Helena. Recently still blaming her for not telling the rest of the family about Michael's head injury and saying if they had known Michael might still be alive. Which may or may not be true but what an awful thing to lay at Helena's door.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I think Paula and Amy hastened their own deaths by their lifestyle choices.

No judgement from me, I wasn't in their shoes, but I can't be a hypocrite and totally blame the media.

Loved Amy's music and still feel so sad that she died so young. Paula leaving four little kids motherless was tragic too.
They both absolutely made their own lifestyle choices and you can’t blame the media for that! They chose to take excess amounts of alcohol and heroin and unfortunately it ended up tragically for them.

Reactions: 11
I don’t think it’s fair to say that if you’re in the media you’re fair game for crazy press harassment though. What if you start off ok with it, have a breakdown then can’t cope? You can never change your mind?

60 photographers following you (shouting abuse and taunting you) 24/7 so you can’t face taking your baby for a walk, just after your partner has suddenly died, you mother lied about your father then you unexpectedly find out your father is actually his arch enemy isn’t really what she signed up for, and can’t really be defended. It kind of still happens though.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I don’t think it’s fair to say that if you’re in the media you’re fair game for crazy press harassment though. What if you start off ok with it, have a breakdown then can’t cope? You can never change your mind?

60 photographers following you (shouting abuse and taunting you) 24/7 so you can’t face taking your baby for a walk, just after your partner has suddenly died, you mother lied about your father then you unexpectedly find out your father is actually his arch enemy isn’t really what she signed up for, and can’t really be defended. It kind of still happens though.
I think the way they hounded her after Michael died was a disgrace but she was well into hard drugs by this point, so you can’t blame the media for that. They both seemed quite toxic to each other imo. Both taking heroin etc whilst they had a very young baby and then the fallout from that with the nanny, the drugs and the smartie tubes. Unfortunately they caused a lot of negative press themselves!

We see the same thing still - look at the Nicola Bulley case, they were being harassed by the TV news even though they asked for some peace, after her body was found. Yes people want to hear info but at what cost?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Would it be more rounded if there had been friends of hers appearing in the documentary or people who knew her growing up. We only saw celebrities it would have been good to get somekind of feel of what she was like growing up and was she always so confident. Then again maybe no one was interested.
That’s what I found so sad about it. The man who had all the tape recordings said how she was so well connected and knew everyone and yet the only person who seemed to actually know her in this documentary was Belinda. She must’ve had other friends or colleagues who’d want to speak about her surely?!

Reactions: 9
We see the same thing still - look at the Nicola Bulley case, they were being harassed by the TV news even though they asked for some peace, after her body was found. Yes people want to hear info but at what cost?
I think you’re comparing apples and oranges there though. Paula courted the press when it suited (as did Princess Di). I don’t think it could’ve been avoided when the affair came out, but Paula did play up to it. I’m not excusing the media, because they’re vile, but you can be famous and live a low key life. It’s not the same situation, but there’s loads of celebs whose kids I’ve never seen for example. I know next nothing about Adele’s private life, for instance.

I’ve no idea how the paps work, but I also wonder if Paula got paid for giving info. Apparently she was skint when she split with Bob but had to pretend that she was loaded to keep up with Michael. I know she only wrote her autobiography because she was desperate for the money (she admitted that herself).

Reactions: 13
Absolutely - and he did
---

She went on tour with Take That afaik
Not that I recall. I was an avid fan in the 90’s of TT and I’m sure I’d remember if she had. I’d like to think she didn’t because she had a young family but I don’t think that would have stopped her!!

Reactions: 1
I think you’re comparing apples and oranges there though. Paula courted the press when it suited (as did Princess Di). I don’t think it could’ve been avoided when the affair came out, but Paula did play up to it. I’m not excusing the media, because they’re vile, but you can be famous and live a low key life. It’s not the same situation, but there’s loads of celebs whose kids I’ve never seen for example. I know next nothing about Adele’s private life, for instance.

I’ve no idea how the paps work, but I also wonder if Paula got paid for giving info. Apparently she was skint when she split with Bob but had to pretend that she was loaded to keep up with Michael. I know she only wrote her autobiography because she was desperate for the money (she admitted that herself).
Even if she did that, once he’d died and she was alone with his baby they got worse.
I don’t think they should be allowed to behave that way, whether you’re a non-fame family who’s mother just turned up dead, or a fame hungry self-publicist with a history of courting the press.

Reactions: 6
Oh I don't think there is any comparison to celebs who have courted the press, only to have it turn on them and a case of a missing lady.

I totally agree that what happened in the Nicola Bulley case is beyond horrendous. God rest her soul, poor girl. ♥

For me the two are not comparable.

Reactions: 6
That’s what I found so sad about it. The man who had all the tape recordings said how she was so well connected and knew everyone and yet the only person who seemed to actually know her in this documentary was Belinda. She must’ve had other friends or colleagues who’d want to speak about her surely?!
Maybe they refused to go on it out of loyalty to her. They weren’t to know it would turn out to be a respectful documentary.

Reactions: 9
Even if she did that, once he’d died and she was alone with his baby they got worse.
I don’t think they should be allowed to behave that way, whether you’re a non-fame family who’s mother just turned up dead, or a fame hungry self-publicist with a history of courting the press.
I agree that they should have left her alone after he died, anyone with eyes could see she was on a downward spiral. I do think some of her so called friends should have stepped in to do something at point but all the people who associated with her seemed to enjoy the drama and I wonder whether some of them spurred her/the press on.

Reactions: 5
Oh I don't think there is any comparison to celebs who have courted the press, only to have it turn on them and a case of a missing lady.

I totally agree that what happened in the Nicola Bulley case is beyond horrendous. God rest her soul, poor girl. ♥

For me the two are not comparable.
For me the same element is the press. Both stories were “public interest”.

Michael Hutchence sister Tina sounds very bitter. Didn't like Paula, but also didn't like Helena. Recently still blaming her for not telling the rest of the family about Michael's head injury and saying if they had known Michael might still be alive. Which may or may not be true but what an awful thing to lay at Helena's door.
Was Tina the one who tried to get custody of Tiger Lily?

I actually don’t think much of Bob Geldof or his parenting so the fact that Hutchence’s blood family couldn’t get custody of Tiger Lily versus Geldof kind of jumps out at me. I know the idea Geldof had some kind of good reputation from his “charity work” was around, but not so convinced that really swung it.

I don’t have kids so what would I know and appreciate it’s not a kind thought but stellar parenting isn’t jumping out at me when it comes to any of this family.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.