Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The documentary is interesting so far, particularly to see Terence Trent D’Arby. Her friend Belinda is interviewed … think the light is harsh and makes her look older than she probably is!

Reactions: 10
Interesting they are going with the 'they weren't shagging before the Big Breakfast interview' when it is common knowledge they were together before that 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 23
The documentary is interesting so far, particularly to see Terence Trent D’Arby. Her friend Belinda is interviewed … think the light is harsh and makes her look older than she probably is!
Watching in HD her wrinkles are very deep.

Reactions: 6
I'd love to see the Bob Geldof This is Your Life they showed a clip of earlier, sadly it's nowhere on line

Reactions: 6
I may be way off the mark here as I am too young to remember but would Bob Geldolf have had enough sway to influence the tabloid narrative on Paula?

Reactions: 3
I may be way off the mark here as I am too young to remember but would Bob Geldolf have had enough sway to influence the tabloid narrative on Paula?
Yes, even if only indirectly. No one wanted to piss off Saint Bob.

Reactions: 16
I don’t think so. I don’t think he “set the press on her” and there was a time Paula courted the press a lot and sold stories, not long after getting with Michael, so they really felt entitled to go after her.
I watched both parts - I like her a lot more now, I think all of her parents made sure she was at the front of the line for a personality disorder and she handled it quite well. I feel like she should be on Loose Women (or writing for a paper about how terrible Loose Women is, not sure) if she were still alive today.

Reactions: 13
Yes, even if only indirectly. No one wanted to piss off Saint Bob.
Saint Bob is an entitled twit. Ask any cabin crew who’ve dealt with him. Treats crew like skivvies. Peaches was up her own arse on board ‘ooh im peaches’ and Fifi unfortunately smells really bad.

some gossip from the cabin crew world.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I don’t think so. I don’t think he “set the press on her” and there was a time Paula courted the press a lot and sold stories, not long after getting with Michael, so they really felt entitled to go after her.
I watched both parts - I like her a lot more now, I think all of her parents made sure she was at the front of the line for a personality disorder and she handled it quite well. I feel like she should be on Loose Women (or writing for a paper about how terrible Loose Women is, not sure) if she were still alive today.
Thank you, I liked her a lot more too. She also made the comparison with Princess Di who without doubt courted the press!

I also wondered if she was demonised for stealing him from Helena Christensen despite being nowhere near as conventionally attractive?

Reactions: 12
No new information in the documentary, and as usual in these shows, at least one talking head who didn’t actually know her, but very watchable programme to see it all put together.

Not to sound weird but I hadn’t realised just how attractive Paula was in her day. I seem to remember the press being rude that Hutchence had gone from supermodels to PY. But I can see the appeal now, she was good-looking and what a personality. I mean yes I can see the downside of it too!! — but you wouldn’t be bored. Probably more interesting than most supermodels (sorry to anyone out there if I’m underestimating what great conversation they are).

Reactions: 26
For anyone who watched the documentary Mystify it always stood out to me that all of Michael's ex-partners spoke so highly and respectfully about him even though he often overlapped them with someone else. It feels like they all accepted he was only theirs for a short time and were grateful for that.
---
Was Robbie Williams as close to Paula as he makes out or just desperate to feature in this documentary?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think she was a bit too crude when I was a girl, even as a teen watching her on the bed in the Big Breakfast. It felt a bit “ewwww” like when there’s a sexy bit and you’re watching with your parents.

Watching her back, she was really good at what she did! I think she’d have gone on to be a bit of a cougar, or done the Vagina monologues. It’s a real shame, the world really started to change in the few years after her death and she could have really had a comeback.

I think people just thought she needed taking down a peg or two, and was too big for her boots. I thought she was actually like a rich IT girl type, she talked very posh and carried herself confidently.

Reactions: 15
I also wondered if she was demonised for stealing him from Helena Christensen despite being nowhere near as conventionally attractive?
Oh for sure. Remember that horrible cover of a lads mag (Loaded or Nuts???) that had Helena on it with the strapline something like 'who would leave her for Paula Yates?'

ETA

Screenshot_20230314_014717.jpg

And I'd forgotten quite how vile Ian Hislop was to her on Have I Got News For You. Horribly unkind and bullying.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I'm afraid I found the whole thing depressing and it just echoed why I disliked her so much. It was all about what SHE wanted all the time even with Hutchens she used to tip off the press about where they were going or what they were up to which really irked him. She was such a publicity hound. It didn't show the false and quite odious earth mother act that she put on. I think she would have faded a bit in her forties as younger women like Fearne Cotton and Zoe Ball took over the media but would be on stuff like Loose Women and would have done some reality shows.
---
Oh for sure. Remember that horrible cover of a lads mag (Loaded or Nuts???) that had Helena on it with the strapline something like 'who would leave her for Paula Yates?'

ETA

View attachment 2026628

And I'd forgotten quite how vile Ian Hislop was to her on Have I Got News For You. Horribly unkind and bullying.
Hislops a horrible little toad but I think at that time PY was getting up people's noses with her craving for publicity and I expected her to come back at hom with an equally scathing put down but it didn't happen. At that point her star was fading but I do believe she would have made a come back. I think she would have liked Reality TV.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I can’t for the life of me work out just why Robbie Williams featured on this programme? From memory, it was rumoured that PY had a fling with Jason not Robbie and there must be so many people who actually knew her that could’ve been interviewed - perhaps they’re all on Saint Bob’s side? RW seemed to have nothing, no anecdotes or anything to contribute

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.