Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My aunty worked in the law firm that handled patsy kensits divorce. She often popped to the toilet and came out with a very dusty nose apparently... make of that what you will.
Aye, she’s been upfront about her drug use, was part of her breakdown with liam.

Reactions: 6
Here’s the trailer for the documentary. To be honest l’m not sure I fancy watching it now, seeing that it’s full of “talking heads” saying obvious soundbites.

Reactions: 13
Loads of celebs go through that phase. Lily Allen went through an escape to the country, earth mother phase. Alex from Blur did his cheese making thing (is he still doing that?). Even Elvis bought a farm and went through a horse rancher phase. Then they get bored, miss all the attention they were previously moaning about, realise their money’s running out and go back to taking drugs and performing for a living.
and Madonna had her lady of the manor phase. Which seems extra bizarre now when you look at her current guise!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
and Madonna had her lady of the manor phase. Which seems extra bizarre now when you look at her current guise!
Discussed with much hilarity on the Madonna threads! Funny cos she’s now a face stretching gangster rapper with a gold grill! Posh British Horse Riding Madonna version would be appalled 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I liked the outrageousness of Paula Yates. When she was on form she was a good interviewer who made TV look fun.

Her personal life with Bob, seemed relatively stable, until she blew everything up by getting with Michael Hutchence!
She definitely played the role of the rebellious daughter! I remember her supposed dad doing the Sunday TV religious shows! one of those sweater wearing, smiley types, As conventional as anything. Paula was a massive contrast to this! A dose of fresh air! I have a feeling she liked being seen as a rebel, and didnt like seeming conventional.

She seemed to have had a turbulent life though, imagine finding out as an adult the man you thought was your father, wasnt!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m going to watch this Huggies Green doc on C5 at 9. Him and Jess Yates were very much before my time!
It was sad she apparently did the dna test just for the cash/shut the press up. She had no idea prior to this palaver at Hughie’s funeral.

Reactions: 10
Re Daisy and Tom dating after Peaches death- it might be common for the bereaved to get with a close friend of their deceased spouse but it's still frigging grotesque. I'd also find it hard to believe there wasn't anything going on before the death if it was someone in my circle. I wouldn't be resting in peace if something happened to me and my mate comforted my husband. With her fanny. No chance.

No need to tell me about your lovely Auntie So an So who went out with her dead best mates fella. Just my personal view.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Re Daisy and Tom dating after Peaches death- it might be common the bereaved get with a close friend of their deceased spouse bit its still frigging grotesque. I'd also find it hard to believe there wasn't anything going on before the death if it was someone in my circle. I wouldn't be resting in peace if something happened to me and my mate comforted my husband. With her fanny. No chance.

No need to tell me about your lovely Auntie So an So who went out with her dead best mates fella. Just my personal view.
Well my lovely Aunty 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Re Daisy and Tom dating after Peaches death- it might be common for the bereaved to get with a close friend of their deceased spouse but it's still frigging grotesque. I'd also find it hard to believe there wasn't anything going on before the death if it was someone in my circle. I wouldn't be resting in peace if something happened to me and my mate comforted my husband. With her fanny. No chance.

Are they still a couple?

Are they still a couple?
No, daisy Lowe is having a baby with someone else right now.

Tom has fully gone back into unknown person status hasn't he. I know he's got that Instagram for his alter ego/clothing but it looks like he's from a wealthy family and they're raising the boys. Gosh the boys must be so grown up now.

Reactions: 5
No, daisy Lowe is having a baby with someone else right now.

Tom has fully gone back into unknown person status hasn't he. I know he's got that Instagram for his alter ego/clothing but it looks like he's from a wealthy family and they're raising the boys. Gosh the boys must be so grown up now.
I just looked it up…they are 9 and 10 years old. Times flies.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I’m going to watch this Huggies Green doc on C5 at 9. Him and Jess Yates were very much before my time!
It was sad she apparently did the dna test just for the cash/shut the press up. She had no idea prior to this palaver at Hughie’s funeral.
I watched this. Paula looked very much like Hughie when he was young, more so than the daughter from his marriage i thought. Paula looked nothing like Yates.
Never knew Hughie was a nepo kid too

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I watched this. Paula looked very much like Hughie when he was young, more so than the daughter from his marriage i thought. Paula looked nothing like Yates.
Never knew Hughie was a nepo kid too
Not exactly nepo as Harry Tate was his godfather. Yeah, Paula and Hughie are peas in a pod aren’t they? At least Jess Yates was already passed and didn’t have to see it play out.

Reactions: 2
Not exactly nepo as Harry Tate was his godfather. Yeah, Paula and Hughie are peas in a pod aren’t they? At least Jess Yates was already passed and didn’t have to see it play out.
Yeh nepo. It said on the doc that Hughie got his start on stage due to his Godfather. My definition of nepotism includes friends and family.
I wonder if Yates knew paula was Hughjes daughter. She was so like him. The mother must've known.

Reactions: 8
Yeh nepo. It said on the doc that Hughie got his start on stage due to his Godfather. My definition of nepotism includes friends and family.
I wonder if Yates knew paula was Hughjes daughter. She was so like him. The mother must've known.
Neither fella sounded great to be honest, and then there’s the mother…

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I liked the outrageousness of Paula Yates. When she was on form she was a good interviewer who made TV look fun.

Her personal life with Bob, seemed relatively stable, until she blew everything up by getting with Michael Hutchence!
She definitely played the role of the rebellious daughter! I remember her supposed dad doing the Sunday TV religious shows! one of those sweater wearing, smiley types, As conventional as anything. Paula was a massive contrast to this! A dose of fresh air! I have a feeling she liked being seen as a rebel, and didnt like seeming conventional.

She seemed to have had a turbulent life though, imagine finding out as an adult the man you thought was your father, wasnt!
I liked her a lot. IMO she was a really good interviewer and wasn’t afraid to be different and stand out from the crowd (in fact she probably thrived on it). Hard to believe now but she was one of the very few women who had a tattoo back in the early 80s!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

I don’t think her life with Bob was stable at all. There were rumours of cheating on both sides, she had to badger him into marrying her. She had an ongoing affair with Rupert Everett (which he has spoken publicly on) plus Gerry Agar Fennell who was a close friend of Paula’s (or maybe more frenemy) has spoken about how she chased after high profile men at the time, specifically wanting someone high profile. Apparently she hit on Liam Gallagher and Robbie Williams but was turned down.

The sad reality is, looking back I’d bet my life that Paula either had narcissistic personality disorder or at a minimum, extremely narcissistic traits, likely inherited from and further exacerbated by her own mother.

She got with Bob because he was a “high value” musician and celebrity who also fulfilled the father figure she craved. She love bombed the tit out of him, following him when he attended gigs and getting the nickname “the limpet”. She badgered him into marrying her. When his career started going down the drain and he was becoming a bit of a “has been”, Paula then sought out other high profile men (Liam Gallagher and Robbie Williams were at the height of the careers then), but was turned down because she was ultimately, a bit of a desperate groupie. They were too clued up for the love bombing to work.

Michael Hutchence was in a deeply vulnerable position - his relationship with the love of his life (Helena Christensen) was failing, he was recovering from a life changing injury and struggling to cope with the mental impact of that. So he fell susceptible to Paula’s love bombing and he fit the criteria of high profile rock star that she wanted.

People suffering from NPD or who are deeply narcissistic, don’t view people as other people… they view relationships like possessions. It’s why Paula chased after men who fit a specific criteria. You can’t create stability for someone who views you as a possession and who is chaotic themselves, as sad as it is.

Maybe Bob was as stable as much as it was possible for the likes of Paula.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.