Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree snobby little tarts
I dunno, it might have been a mixture of both. I’d imagine they were in primary school when they started calling each other Sharon and Tracey, they’d have been quite young. We’re used to celebs giving their kids wacky names these days but they would have been outliers back in the 80’s. Giving your kids a weird name was usually reserved for drugged up major rock stars like Bowie and Zappa (not sure Geldof was quite in that category). I remember the fuss the press made of the Geldof kids names but no one would bat an eyelid these days. Ofc, I can’t imagine they wouldn’t have not known about the Sharon and Tracey stereotypes either.

Reactions: 8
Why did Peaches and Pixie (supposedly) call each other Sharon and Tracy? Were they embarrassed by their actual names?
I’ve got quite an unusual name. When I was at primary school, I asked my mum if I could be known as Sarah or Katy instead because I wanted to fit in.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve got quite an unusual name. When I was at primary school, I asked my mum if I could be known as Sarah or Katy instead because I wanted to fit in.
Is your unusual name “Gemini Moon”? Lol, just messing. I think that’s a great name!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
/story/paula-yates-life-of-late-tv-presenter-to-be-focus-of-new-documentary-12821147

I would bet money pixie is biologically, Michael’s daughter.

as for Paula lording that over Bob, there are several reasons why she might not/could not have done that.

legally, a man has no legal claim or responsibility to a child unless he is married to the mother (yep, really) or has been specifically named on the birth certificate. In legal terms, it’s called “parental responsibility”. It can be applied for at a later date of course, but that gets complicated and I’m not sure how accessible dna tests were in the 90s.

1. So Legally, Bob is Pixies father. And it goes without saying he has raised her.
2. Assuming Paula had an affair with someone else, they aren’t named on the birth certificate so wouldn’t have been under any legal responsibility to provide for Pixie.
3. it’s possible Paula wasn’t sure herself.

Hurchence’s manager spoke about how Paula stalked him and that she’d hooked up with him long before the Big Breakfast interview. They first met in 1985 apparently.

if we look back on the time that Pixie was conceived, it would’ve been December 1989. At that time, Band Aid II was being recorded in London and Kylie Minogue participated.

Kylie had just finished her first global concert tour, which took place in October of that same year. Infamously, she met Michael Hutchence during this tour and dumped Jason Donovan pretty much straight away.

so it’s very plausible that MH could have accompanied Kylie to London (they were already making public appearances together by then, and attended a premier for The Delinquents in December 1989) in their early days of being a couple, had a hook up with Paula but ultimately chose to stay with Kylie. He certainly had form for letting relationships overlap!

Helena was supposedly the love of his life, but because of his brain injury he had started to become depressed and was prescribed Prozac for the first time in 1995 - I’ve always thought that his relationship with Helena started breaking down as a result of his injury and mental state, and he gave in to long-standing side chick Paula whilst vulnerable and probably pretty heartbroken.

for me, it’s almost certain that Hutchence fathered Pixie. The resemblance is uncanny and she’s almost identical facially (albeit her colouring is slightly different) to Tigerlily - and neither of them resemble Paula. I’m surprised not more is made of it but then I guess it’s very personal. I always assumed that’s why Paula spoke more warmly about Pixie, than she ever did about Fifi or Peaches.

it’s another sad, ironic twist in this family’s story if you ask me.

Peaches died of an overdose, like her mother.

Pixie is likely to be aware of rumours that her biological father isn’t the man who raised her - something that also devastated Paula.

it’s the name peaches used on FB
I agree with this post 100%
---
The press are arseholes. 14 months ago, my sister was killed in a head on with a drunk driver. Just before Christmas. I identified her the day after and that evening, I was told by our police liaison officer I had to put out a “family tribute” asap as the local gazette had been in contact. They said we had 24hours to do it before they did it as they knew her name.
There should be laws against this, the families of the manchester arena bombing victims were hounded by the press, the things that came out in the inquiry were dreadful. I’m so sorry for your loss and that you had to go through that with the press. I don’t know how these ppl sleep at night. Ghouls

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
2 part ch4 documentary due next month, article on sky news
I'm a bit surprised at this, so much time has passed.

I wonder will the documentary go for a new angle to emphasise the tragedy of PY's final years - like press intrusion, maybe inspired by other high profile celeb stories recently.
I'm sure Bob's lawyers will want to have a look too. And wonder whether Fifi, Tiger or Pixie will participate. Depends on the angle being taken, I guess.

Reactions: 13
Bob has made a lot of TV for C4 in the past. This sounds like it will be a sympathetic look at Paula with unseen interviews as well.

Reactions: 10
I'm a bit surprised at this, so much time has passed.

I wonder will the documentary go for a new angle to emphasise the tragedy of PY's final years - like press intrusion, maybe inspired by other high profile celeb stories recently.
I'm sure Bob's lawyers will want to have a look too. And wonder whether Fifi, Tiger or Pixie will participate. Depends on the angle being taken, I guess.
Ch4 have done a lot of documentaries on women that were treated negatively in the press in recent years: Caroline Flack, Jade Goody etc. so I do wonder if they'll take that angle with Paula too.

Reactions: 15
Ch4 have done a lot of documentaries on women that were treated negatively in the press in recent years: Caroline Flack, Jade Goody etc. so I do wonder if they'll take that angle with Paula too.
This tv company made the CarolineFlack doc too! And “Reclaiming Amy” about Amy Winehouse.

I used to really like Paula back in the day. She was so full of personality and fiercely intelligent. Her sad decline and death was such a tragedy for all concerned and, of course, the ripples spreading out years later to the loss of Peaches in eerily similar circumstances.

I will be interested to see if I like Paula after the documentary. I never really “got” her appeal at the time, but maybe I was too young.

Reactions: 13
I will be interested to see if I like Paula after the documentary. I never really “got” her appeal at the time, but maybe I was too young.
I admit I couldn’t stand her when I was younger and she (obviously) didn’t cover herself in glory with the Hutchence affair but I warmed to her a lot when I read her autobiography. Despite her tv personality as an outrageous flirt, I think she was very insecure about her appearance and had very low self esteem due to her childhood. Also, looking back at her tv interviews and compared to some of the newer celebrity tv personalities, she was actually very good at what she did.

It’ll be interesting to see how she comes across in this documentary.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
in my work capacity I met her when she was going through her divorce to Geldof . She even flirted with the young articled clerk 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I never paid much attention to her either, I was a young teen and she just wasn’t really in my sphere + I found the overt (simpering?) sexuality a bit cringe. Looking at the component parts she’s actually pretty plain isn’t she - just goes to show the power of charisma and intelligence.

Looking at the component parts she’s actually pretty plain isn’t she - just goes to show the power of charisma and intelligence
This is just my opinion, but I’m not sure I’d say she was plain. She just has a different look? I think in some lights, she was actually quite pretty and if she was on the scene now, I think I would find the find the fact that she’s not conventionally beautiful quite refreshing iyswim, but that worked against her when she got with Michael. The public seemed to be outraged that Hutchence would dump a supermodel to be with someone like Paula and ofc I think Paula always felt inferior (there was loads of other stuff they were angry about too, obviously, but a lot of the press focused on her looks as well). Agree that she was very intelligent and had charisma in spades though.

Reactions: 21
I never paid much attention to her either, I was a young teen and she just wasn’t really in my sphere + I found the overt (simpering?) sexuality a bit cringe. Looking at the component parts she’s actually pretty plain isn’t she - just goes to show the power of charisma and intelligence.
I thought she had a pretty face but disliked her attempts at trying to convince us the public that she was some kind of earthmother with her kids. I think she put herself before the kids and she should have stopped after Fifi she wasn't cut out for motherhood.

Reactions: 10
I thought she had a pretty face but disliked her attempts at trying to convince us the public that she was some kind of earthmother with her kids. I think she put herself before the kids and she should have stopped after Fifi she wasn't cut out for motherhood.
She definitely shouldn’t have had any more children. She was a terrible mother who put her own needs first. All that Enid Blytonesque fake happy childhood photo shoots she did with the younger girls was ridiculous.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.