Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did Sadie Frost have any kids with Gary Kemp? Because child maintenance will have given her a nice little earner for a few years. Even Kerry 'I'm bankrupt' Katona manages to get by, and I'm pretty sure her lifestyle was in part funded by Btyan McFadden, until Molly and Lily left full-time education, anyway. I doubt the taxi driver drug dealer contributes much, and the father of her last daughter tragically died.

Reactions: 9
Did Sadie Frost have any kids with Gary Kemp? Because child maintenance will have given her a nice little earner for a few years. Even Kerry 'I'm bankrupt' Katona manages to get by, and I'm pretty sure her lifestyle was in part funded by Btyan McFadden, until Molly and Lily left full-time education, anyway. I doubt the taxi driver drug dealer contributes much, and the father of her last daughter tragically died.
I think her eldest is Kemp’s.

Reactions: 5
Yes, Sadie Frost has a son with Gary Kemp. His name is Finley and he must be 30ish now

Reactions: 4
I thought Bob was notoriously tight with his money and didn't really help his daughters. I'm sure I read Peaches was in debt when she died and the majority of it was the mortgage owed on the house

I stand corrected!

Isn’t Tom Cohen related to Leonard Cohen?
Never heard this before! I don’t think so?

Reactions: 3
Leonard Cohen isn't related to Tom in any way at all. He was Canadian for a start. He had a son and a daughter and some grandchildren, none of whom are called Thomas.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I thought Bob was notoriously tight with his money and didn't really help his daughters. I'm sure I read Peaches was in debt when she died and the majority of it was the mortgage owed on the house

I find that headline a bit misleading - a 25 year old leaving a shade under £400k is nothing to sneeze at, particularly if she didn’t inherit much from her mother.

That says nothing about their day to day living of course as it could be equity in the house. And poor cash flow could explain why she was going to so many events, the appearance fees would have been attractive.

Anyway - as she died with no will, by law the first £250k of the estate went to her husband. He also received half of what remained (so total £322k) with the rest (£72k) split between the children.

Reactions: 8
I find that headline a bit misleading - a 25 year old leaving a shade under £400k is nothing to sneeze at, particularly if she didn’t inherit much from her mother.

That says nothing about their day to day living of course as it could be equity in the house. And poor cash flow could explain why she was going to so many events, the appearance fees would have been attractive.

Anyway - as she died with no will, by law the first £250k of the estate went to her husband. He also received half of what remained (so total £322k) with the rest (£72k) split between the children.
Yeah, I added the article after to clarify what I had written as I wasn't certain about the debts. I wouldn't mind having close to a million in the bank!

Reactions: 4
Tbh I find that headline & article a little bit odd - it’s exactly the same across titles so it was put out with the debt angle, sold into The Mirror initially as an exclusive. It makes Peaches sound financially fucked (what you might expect of an addict / socialite so many wouldn’t bother reading past the headline) but it says the debt is unspecified so could have just been the mortgage - hardly newsworthy when there are other angles available. Not the first celeb to be stitched up in that way, but I wonder how the exclusive placement came about and what the motivation was.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I hope he doesn't, poor little boy. I understand that Phaedra was found in another room, so hopefully safe in his cot, rather than in the same room as his deceased mother.

If she had heroin stashed all over he house, and strangers in the street noticed how out of it she was, her husband must have been kidding himself that she was clean and sober. Also the clinic she attended - did she fake the urine tests for drug use? I've heard of people asking friends to provide a sample, knowing their own sample would reveal drug use.
They test temperature as part of testing the urine, to get round that.

Reactions: 2
@Clairer86 I hope this isn’t intrusive, but as an addict in recovery, do you think Peaches planned her last fix? Not as a suicide bid, but would she have realised it could kill her? She was under the care of a clinic in Maidstone and prescribed Methadone, I believe.

I remember a thread on Mumsnet about her death and every poster was singing her praises and saying what a brilliant and beautiful mother she was and how tragic she had died - until the news broke she’d died of a heroin overdose, and suddenly no-one wanted to discuss her life anymore. As if being an addict stopped her from being a human being, in need of compassion and dignity, even in death.
I dont know the ins and outs of her, and what her recovery journey looked like.
But i did read, it could have even been on here tbh that the empty bottles of methadone in her house had on the label a really small amount (my label on each bottle says 20ml), but i think i read her bottles said something like 6ml. So that could mean a couple of things, it could be that she was doing well and was slowly reducing her daily methadone. OR if someone prescribed methadone is not engaging with the service then they give you a few chances but will stop the prescription- they always reduce it though, not as slowly as when it is a planned and agreed reduction but over the space of a week they will reduce it quickly and significantly.
I never really followed her, i always thought she was a bit of wannabe and didnt really like her tbh so i never paid too much attention to her; but i felt so sad when she died and it made me take a long look at myself- ultimately it didnt make me change but it did cause me to stop and reflect.

They test temperature as part of testing the urine, to get round that.
Where i am, we never do urine tests; it is always mouth swab tests, and always in the presence of your worker.
Hair strand tests are available but this is done in court cases where it has been court ordered.
I have never known anyone to do a urine test, maybe they do in other areas but here they only do the mouth swab- probably because its cheaper and you cant fake them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I spoke to a social worker I know through my job and she said that if the children have two parents, one of whom is clean and sober, and actively engaged in childcare, the parent with addiction issues will be low on their radar, particularly if that person is seen to be engaging with a recovery programme.

Then she asked me why I wanted to know, and I was too embarrassed to say Peaches Geldof, so I just said someone I knew - I bet she thinks it's one of my daughters, both of who are so straight edge they make me look like a street-living alcoholic :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have no doubt that social services would have been involved in some way even a private maternity nurse would have a duty of care. However if she was seen as stable and Tom was clean plus they had responsible grandparents who seemed to be caring regularly for the children and they could even have had a nanny for all we know, then they would have low level input. Sadly there are many kids out there in situations like this and there aren’t enough social workers.

Reactions: 10
This is more about Paula than Peaches but I up at 5am this morning, couldn’t get back to sleep, and somehow fell down a massive rabbit hole from this thread. I know more about Paula Yates’ parents than my own at this point.

Paulas mother is - how to say this nicely?? - a stark raving mad narcissistic fantasist. I almost bought her autobiography but I was, thankfully, interrupted by my alarm clock.
Things weren’t much better with her Dad (Jess Yates, not even getting into the Hughie Green thing) who would almost certainly have been a person of interest to Operation Yewtree had he not died in 1993.

I bookmarked the two pages I found most interesting.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I’m not sure how much of that Medium article is true. I’d never heard that BG started his relationship with Jeanne Marine while he was still with Paula. I’d also disagree that Paula was popular with the public before she met MH. I’m old enough to have been around at the time she was on TV and she had a knack of rubbing people up the wrong way. She was on Wogan once and told him that married women should never let their husbands see them shaving their legs if they wanted to stay married and my mum was outraged 😆 I think Paula had some fucked up ideas of what constituted a good partner and how you should keep them, which of course goes back to her childhood and parents.

I do think she got an undeserved battering in the press after the affair was discovered but, like I said earlier, the media was just reflecting public opinion. As usual, women come out worse when an affair happens, whether they’re the other woman or the scorned wife (see all the vitriol directed at Posh Spice when the Loos affair came out). She was absolutely in the wrong, but so was Hutchence and he didn’t get half the crap that was directed towards Paula but Paula didn’t really help herself either, with selling stories to the press and constantly tipping off the paparazzi.

Reactions: 13
I’m not sure how much of that Medium article is true. I’d never heard that BG started his relationship with Jeanne Marine while he was still with Paula. I’d also disagree that Paula was popular with the public before she met MH. I’m old enough to have been around at the time she was on TV and she had a knack of rubbing people up the wrong way. She was on Wogan once and told him that married women should never let their husbands see them shaving their legs if they wanted to stay married and my mum was outraged 😆 I think Paula had some fucked up ideas of what constituted a good partner and how you should keep them, which of course goes back to her childhood and parents.

I do think she got an undeserved battering in the press after the affair was discovered but, like I said earlier, the media was just reflecting public opinion. As usual, women come out worse when an affair happens, whether they’re the other woman or the scorned wife (see all the vitriol directed at Posh Spice when the Loos affair came out). She was absolutely in the wrong, but so was Hutchence and he didn’t get half the crap that was directed towards Paula but Paula didn’t really help herself either, with selling stories to the press and constantly tipping off the paparazzi.
Yes that article is the first I've read of Bob having an affair with Jeanne Marin whilst with Paula, or having another long term affair before that. Not saying he didn't but I'd not heard.
Also Paula did have affairs before Michael which the article seems to indicate never happened eg Rupert Everett for a number of years.

As for the interview with Paula's mother - omg. What a messed up situation. I remember at the time of Hughie Green's funeral someone announced in church Paula was his daughter. That was the first she knew of it. (She wasn't there - why would she be - but it obviously got back to her).

(Thanks for posting them @Flojo89 - interesting).

Reactions: 7
Gosh, Paula's mum sounds as mad as a box of frogs! Is she still alive? She sounds like she was an atrocious mother.

I also remember rumours about Paula's many flings with handsome young popstars, way before she met MH.

Reactions: 12
It just goes to show there’s always two sides to the media, the truth as always probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I was surprised to see she was only 5 years younger than my mum. My mum would often spout sexist nonsense that sometimes felt at odds with her actual personality and life. I think the late 70’s and early 80’s were a confusing time for women, there were a lot of changes and opportunities for women but attitudes hadn’t quite caught up.

Reactions: 12
You're all correct, there was never anything reported in the media about Bob ever having any indiscretions. But I had this experience.
Many many years ago, I was sitting on the steps outside Shaft nightclub in Ely Place in Dublin having a fag and a bit of air and who should pass by but Bob, absolutely wrapped around Jeanne Marine.
We'd never heard of her then, but she particularly stuck in my mind as she reminded me of the girl on the cover of Bob Dylan's Freewheelin' album, and seeing her much later, it was definitely her. I recalled this in the years to come when he was painted as Saint Bob and poor Paula was the devil. And this was WELL before any Big Breakfast/ on the bed with Hutchence had happened !

• Wow
Reactions: 28
I think they both had affairs during their marriage, tbh. I’d totally forgotten about Paula and Rupert Everett. I think Bob will have probably been shagging groupies (complete speculation on my part, but I don’t remember anyone ‘famous’ coming forward and admitting anything). I also think Paula had been shagging MH for years before the affair came out. Apparently they’d been together the night before the famous Big Breakfast interview. Watching that back is uncomfortable and eye opening in equal measure.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.