Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think everyone knew. I remember her saying that not everyone around her was supportive/angry at her having the second child, she implied it was because it was so soon after her first pregnancy.
It makes way more sense that it was because she was a heroin addict, I’d be disappointed and angry too.

Reactions: 22
I wonder if Phaedra has any memories of Peaches’ death. My daughter is the age he was when it happened, and she would be distraught if I suddenly fell unconscious and didn’t wake up.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I wonder if Phaedra has any memories of Peaches’ death. My daughter is the age he was when it happened, and she would be distraught if I suddenly fell unconscious and didn’t wake up.
I hope he doesn't, poor little boy. I understand that Phaedra was found in another room, so hopefully safe in his cot, rather than in the same room as his deceased mother.

If she had heroin stashed all over he house, and strangers in the street noticed how out of it she was, her husband must have been kidding himself that she was clean and sober. Also the clinic she attended - did she fake the urine tests for drug use? I've heard of people asking friends to provide a sample, knowing their own sample would reveal drug use.

Reactions: 16
Phaedra was found in another room, but not in a cot. He was crawling around, as they didn't use a cot due to the attachment parenting they supposedly believed in. He'd been alone for 18 hours. It's an absolute miracle he survived. It most likely affected him, but I very much doubt he has memories of it. He was only 11 months old.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Phaedra was found in another room, but not in a cot. He was crawling around, as they didn't use a cot due to the attachment parenting they supposedly believed in. He'd been alone for 18 hours. It's an absolute miracle he survived. It most likely affected him, but I very much doubt he has memories of it. He was only 11 months old.
18 hours! He must have been starving and soaked through. Poor lad.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Attachment parenting should only be done when both parents are completely sober. You shouldn't even do it if you have had a glass of wine, in case you roll on the baby. I can't believe they were both so deluded as to even try it when she was a heroin addict! It's one thing to lie to your fans and maybe she had to tell herself she was doing her best for her children but Thomas shouldn't have enabled her.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I thought the baby was in a cot, and the attachment parenting/earth mother thing was partly a falsehood she put across on Instagram?

I thought she put him to bed in another room and then injected heroin? At 11 months he couldn’t have been left alone in an adult bed. Either he slept in bed next to her or he was in a cot.

Reactions: 4
Addicts gaslight and lie to protect their using (and I speak as one, now clean). It's exhausting being around them. I can't be too hard on her husband; he must have felt quite desperate and under pressure to keep the peace and the entire ship afloat, because I have no doubt they relied on her family for assistance, financially and career-wise. I also think attachment parenting was a form of DIY therapy for Peaches and had less to do with the needs of her children and husband.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I remember Peaches being on This Morning with Katie Hopkins, talking about attachment parenting and how it worked for her family. KH was her usual sneering, scathing self, but alas, she was proved right. Peaches and her attachment parenting didn't exist. She and Tom relied heavily on his parents for regular childcare. She was an active addict whilst caring for her children. All the cute instagram stories, showing her bathing the boys, helping them clean their teeth - all smoke and mirrors. Such a sad story, and even sadder that she managed to convince those close to her that she was in recovery.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Addicts gaslight and lie to protect their using (and I speak as one, now clean). It's exhausting being around them. I can't be too hard on her husband; he must have felt quite desperate and under pressure to keep the peace and the entire ship afloat, because I have no doubt they relied on her family for assistance, financially and career-wise. I also think attachment parenting was a form of DIY therapy for Peaches and had less to do with the needs of her children and husband.
I agree on the attachment parenting. I suspect the whole earth mother persona was her need to tell herself she was a good mother. Paula did the same. Maybe the is too harsh on Thomas ( I have no experience, and your input is very informative) but it's a shame no one intervened before it was too late. Money seems to protect you from social services involvement.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I agree on the attachment parenting. I suspect the whole earth mother persona was her need to tell herself she was a good mother. Paula did the same. Maybe the is too harsh on Thomas ( I have no experience, and your input is very informative) but it's a shame no one intervened before it was too late. Money seems to protect you from social services involvement.
I think one of his parents was a social worker

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I think one of his parents was a social worker
sadly, being a social worker doesn't inoculate your own family against the issues Peaches had. Sometimes health and social care professionals can have their heads in the sand when it comes to their own relatives and there's the added shame too. Also, I suspect they were very much the subservient family; the Geldofs are incredibly dominant. And as @LoopyLou47 says, money protects you against social services involvement.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The husband admitted he relied on his addict wife’s word that her tests were coming back clean but also that she had started using again in the February. I mean.. come on.
I think Thomas was too young and out of his depth. He was what, 21-22 at the time? I don’t think either of the pregnancies were planned, so I can’t imagine he was planning to pursue the budding rock star life alongside being a father to two very young kids. He shouldn’t have ignored the red flags telling him not to take the baby back to Peaches, but I think he just didn’t want a row. I’m sure she was the boss in that marriage. Who knows what was going through his mind, especially if she was out of it regularly.

Reactions: 11
I think Thomas was too young and out of his depth. He was what, 21-22 at the time? I don’t think either of the pregnancies were planned, so I can’t imagine he was planning to pursue the budding rock star life alongside being a father to two very young kids. He shouldn’t have ignored the red flags telling him not to take the baby back to Peaches, but I think he just didn’t want a row. I’m sure she was the boss in that marriage. Who knows what was going through his mind, especially if she was out of it regularly.
All good points, I suppose I will always struggle to understand why & how she was left alone for so long and with a baby, knowing she had been back using for a couple of months at least. That doesn’t make it anyones fault. Yes Thomas was young although I believe it was one of his parents who left the baby with her that day. Terribly sad if they were beholden to her wishes against better judgement because of the money/fame/power of the Geldof family.

I thank my lucky stars the children in my family were actually prioritised by both the addict parent and the other adults in the family. There but for the grace of god go many of us ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This a thousand times. I forget how young he was.

Reactions: 7
I can never get my head round Thomas calling her at about 9pm on Sunday evening and getting no reply, then trying unsuccessfully all Monday morning before arriving back at the house with his Mum at 1.30pm. I don't understand why they didn't go first thing Monday morning?
Not accusing him of anything dodgy, it just seems so wierd. Even though he said he thought she was clean (which stretches incredulity to breaking point tbh), it must still always been at the front of his mind she could be using again.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I can never get my head round Thomas calling her at about 9pm on Sunday evening and getting no reply, then trying unsuccessfully all Monday morning before arriving back at the house with his Mum at 1.30pm. I don't understand why they didn't go first thing Monday morning?
Not accusing him of anything dodgy, it just seems so wierd. Even though he said he thought she was clean (which stretches incredulity to breaking point tbh), it must still always been at the front of his mind she could be using again.
Completely agree with you. Also, I know people are saying he was young, but young and completely clueless are not the same thing. He must have been shockingly naive to not suspect anything. I had lived a fairly sheltered life by the time I became a mum aged 21, but there's no way I would have been this ignorant/naive/trusting. Even if he was, his social worker parent should have been the voice of reason that day. Something doesn't add up.

Reactions: 15
Completely agree with you. Also, I know people are saying he was young, but young and completely clueless are not the same thing. He must have been shockingly naive to not suspect anything. I had lived a fairly sheltered life by the time I became a mum aged 21, but there's no way I would have been this ignorant/naive/trusting. Even if he was, his social worker parent should have been the voice of reason that day. Something doesn't add up.
I agree that his judgement was off.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.