Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would imagine lots of famous people have an open marriage. So much temptation for them to stray and such huge egos to maintain!

Reactions: 9
The Big Breakfast interview was so embarrassing to watch. I get that she was giving a big duck you message to Saint Bob, but what a tawdry way to do it. I really hope the messed up lives stop with the death of Peaches and doesn't continue to affect the next generation.

One thing I admired Bob for, was the way he immediately took responsibility for Tiger Lily after Paula died. He didn't have to do that. I wonder how fucked up that girl is though?

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Paulas mother is - how to say this nicely?? - a stark raving mad narcissistic fantasist. I almost bought her autobiography but I was, thankfully, interrupted by my alarm clock.
Wow, I’ve just read the interview with Paula‘s mother Hélène . It sounds like her mother (so, Paula’s grandmother) was also quite a troubled person.

Here’s a quote from the interview, about Hélène’s parents.

Her father, George, was a Blackpool policeman, and her mother, Gertrude, took Mandrax 'and slept seven eighths of the day,' so she was mostly raised by her maternal grandparents.
So you have Gertrude, taking these drugs which are a sedative and hypnotic medication, who is the mother of Hélène Thornton, who like you said, was a fantasist, who is the mother of Paula Yates, and so on and so on.

It’s like a really sad generational line of troubled (to put it lightly) women.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
The Big Breakfast interview was so embarrassing to watch. I get that she was giving a big duck you message to Saint Bob, but what a tawdry way to do it. I really hope the messed up lives stop with the death of Peaches and doesn't continue to affect the next generation.

One thing I admired Bob for, was the way he immediately took responsibility for Tiger Lily after Paula died. He didn't have to do that. I wonder how fucked up that girl is though?
Ive read she went to Australia to live. Cant really get much further away from Uk.

Reactions: 7
Ive read she went to Australia to live. Cant really get much further away from Uk.
How old is she now? I hope she's well and happy. What a sad and fucked up family. The only escape, I would imagine, is not to chase fame and fortune, but to live a quiet but fulfilling life out of the media spotlight.

Reactions: 14
How old is she now? I hope she's well and happy. What a sad and fucked up family. The only escape, I would imagine, is not to chase fame and fortune, but to live a quiet but fulfilling life out of the media spotlight.
Yes a mess. Wheres MH money gone?

Reactions: 4
Paula's entire personality was based on being a flirt and her need to be attractive to famous men. She was incredibly male attention-orientated. It was part of her personality issues.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I always thought Tiger was such a beautiful toddler. Little serious face. She has done well to remove herself from the 'easy' route of being a famous daughter.

Paula's entire personality was based on being a flirt and her need to be attractive to famous men. She was incredibly male attention-orientated. It was part of her personality issues.
Sad as she was obviously a very bright and funny person. You never get the impression Bob particularly appreciated her. Always seems incredibly arrogant with a massive chip on his shoulder about something.
I naively thought Paula's flirting on TV back in the day was just innocent fun, but she did seem actually quite obsessive. Going to see Take That numerous times as she fancied one of them (can't remember which one now), ditto the Gallagher brothers. Nothing wrong with having crushes but it seemed she would often have affairs.
Nothing judgemental. Just sad neither were probably happy in the marriage.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder how she would have coped with the ageing process, had she not died?

However, I think her death was inevitable once Michael had gone. I firmly believe he died by suicide and not auto erotic asphyxiation.

How does anyone recover, knowing the person they love, has chosen to leave this world forever?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Sad as she was obviously a very bright and funny person. You never get the impression Bob particularly appreciated her. Always seems incredibly arrogant with a massive chip on his shoulder about something.
I naively thought Paula's flirting on TV back in the day was just innocent fun, but she did seem actually quite obsessive. Going to see Take That numerous times as she fancied one of them (can't remember which one now), ditto the Gallagher brothers. Nothing wrong with having crushes but it seemed she would often have affairs.
Nothing judgemental. Just sad neither were probably happy in the marriage
I agree. I think she was seeking the validation she never got as a child through her adult partners. She was bright and funny but this thread sent me down a rabbit hole on YouTube, and I watched her interviewing Kylie on the BB in 1992 and there’s a couple of questions about MH and a few sly digs in there as well. I don’t think she liked other women much, especially ones that were more classically pretty (and especially ones that had dated Hutchence publicly lol). I think the public definitely picked up on it. Generally speaking, women don’t warm to a woman who would flirt with your bloke in front of your face, but give you the cold shoulder and I think that’s how she sometimes came across.

Reactions: 24
Whereas most women would fancy someone out of Take That or Oasis, but do nothing but a bit of harmless daydreaming about them, Paula had the wherewithal to actually get to know these guys in real life. Surely Take That would have been way too young for her though??

Reactions: 1
Whereas most women would fancy someone out of Take That or Oasis, but do nothing but a bit of harmless daydreaming about them, Paula had the wherewithal to actually get to know these guys in real life. Surely Take That would have been way too young for her though??
I just read an article (but it was The Sun so won't post it here) that interviewed Gerry Agar. She said Paula was desparate to leave the marriage even before Michael, but wanted to be in a relationship first, preferably with someone prestigious. Bizarrely she set her cap first at Liam Gallagher, who turned her down, then Robbie Williams, ditto. But yes Robbie would've been very young wouldn't he?

Reactions: 5
Didnt stop Lulu ..

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I just read an article (but it was The Sun so won't post it here) that interviewed Gerry Agar. She said Paula was desparate to leave the marriage even before Michael, but wanted to be in a relationship first, preferably with someone prestigious. Bizarrely she set her cap first at Liam Gallagher, who turned her down, then Robbie Williams, ditto. But yes Robbie would've been very young wouldn't he?
He's only 45 now and Paula died aged 40. He would have been a teenager. No wonder the poor lad turned to drink, he was probably terrified. Might have been the reason behind his brief friendship with the Gallaghers, safety in numbers and all that.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Gerry Agar seemed to be the sole source for pretty much all the tabloid articles I read about Paula, it was the main reason for my rabbit hole dive. It seems as though every year she pops up with some new juicy goss about her bestie.

This article - from the Sunday Times Magazine - has a huge amount of info from lots of sources. It’s sympathetic to Michael mainly but it’s the most balanced and, in my opinion most believable, piece I’ve read so far.
It’s very long and gets a bit confusing as to names at times so TLDR - No one, including Bob was the baddie except maybe (definitely!!!) Gerry Agar and the press.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think the answer is the rich men they married.
I dont know the ins and outs of her, and what her recovery journey looked like.
But i did read, it could have even been on here tbh that the empty bottles of methadone in her house had on the label a really small amount (my label on each bottle says 20ml), but i think i read her bottles said something like 6ml. So that could mean a couple of things, it could be that she was doing well and was slowly reducing her daily methadone. OR if someone prescribed methadone is not engaging with the service then they give you a few chances but will stop the prescription- they always reduce it though, not as slowly as when it is a planned and agreed reduction but over the space of a week they will reduce it quickly and significantly.
I never really followed her, i always thought she was a bit of wannabe and didnt really like her tbh so i never paid too much attention to her; but i felt so sad when she died and it made me take a long look at myself- ultimately it didnt make me change but it did cause me to stop and reflect.

Where i am, we never do urine tests; it is always mouth swab tests, and always in the presence of your worker.
Hair strand tests are available but this is done in court cases where it has been court ordered.
I have never known anyone to do a urine test, maybe they do in other areas but here they only do the mouth swab- probably because its cheaper and you cant fake them.
They do urine tests where I live and people sell clean urine to help others pass their urine test.

Just watching a program with Paula after MH died, their baby was so gorgeous, Paula says in the interview that they were having fertility treatment for a year prior to having the baby .
It's all so sad

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Gerry Agar seemed to be the sole source for pretty much all the tabloid articles I read about Paula, it was the main reason for my rabbit hole dive. It seems as though every year she pops up with some new juicy goss about her bestie.

This article - from the Sunday Times Magazine - has a huge amount of info from lots of sources. It’s sympathetic to Michael mainly but it’s the most balanced and, in my opinion most believable, piece I’ve read so far.
It’s very long and gets a bit confusing as to names at times so TLDR - No one, including Bob was the baddie except maybe (definitely!!!) Gerry Agar and the press.
That article is quite chilling - if true, then "best friend" Agar was completely the opposite of what she proclaimed. Not even an actual friend either, just someone trying to make money out of someone else's misery. I wonder if she DID plant the drugs? Poor Michael, poor Paula, two very damaged people. There was no way of them ever getting their happy ever after.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My mate worked at as a secretary back in the day and worked at the solicitors who acted for Paula in her divorce. Apparently Geldof was incredibly controlling. She also said when Paula used to come into the office she was a massive flirt and made many of the young articled clerks blush

• Wow
Reactions: 11
So you have Gertrude, taking these drugs which are a sedative and hypnotic medication, who is the mother of Hélène Thornton, who like you said, was a fantasist, who is the mother of Paula Yates, and so on and so on.

It’s like a really sad generational line of troubled (to put it lightly) women.
Just read it too and it’s living proof of each generation repeating the mistakes of the one before. The drug issues, the contested paternity of Paula’s mother, then Paula. It’s even been rumoured that Bob’s daughters aren’t all his (although that may just be nasty conjecture borne out of the three girls looking pretty much nothing like one another). In the end it’s four generations of messed up women.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
My mate worked at as a secretary back in the day and worked at the solicitors who acted for Paula in her divorce. Apparently Geldof was incredibly controlling. She also said when Paula used to come into the office she was a massive flirt and made many of the young articled clerks blush
I imagine Bob Geldof was shell-shocked that Paula dared to leave him for someone else, particularly as that someone else was happy to take on all 3 of his daughters as well. I can see his point though, if Michael and Paula wanted to go and play happy families in Australia, taking the 3 Geldof girls along, of course he was going to object, and object strongly.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.