Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the Big Breakfast interview on the day it aired back in the 90s and haven’t seen it since. So I just watched it now. And wow, totally uncomfortable viewing and clearly a lot going on behind the scenes with the two of them! It did strike me too that Michael seemed very shy and also very well spoken with barely a hint of Australian accent. Not sure why the accent thing surprised me but it did!

Reactions: 9
I wonder who Paula would have left Bob for, if Michael had turned her down like Liam Gallagher and Robbie Williams did? She definitely wouldn't had left without another pair of arms to fall into.

Reactions: 9
I wonder who Paula would have left Bob for, if Michael had turned her down like Liam Gallagher and Robbie Williams did? She definitely wouldn't had left without another pair of arms to fall into.
That’s a very interesting question. I wonder that, too.

Reactions: 2
This is by far my favourite Tattle thread. Happy to have found others who enjoy chatting about these people!

Reactions: 34
I agree, such a good thread! I find threads about 90s events/celebrities are always interesting

• Heart
Reactions: 22
That’s a very interesting question. I wonder that, too.
For all their sakes, I wish Michael had told her to jog on - except he was as damaged as she was and I think they both thought they could save each other. If he’d refused her advances (and she flirted with EVERYONE) maybe, just maybe things would have been different.

Reactions: 15
For all their sakes, I wish Michael had told her to jog on - except he was as damaged as she was and I think they both thought they could save each other. If he’d refused her advances (and she flirted with EVERYONE) maybe, just maybe things would have been different.
I think she still would have ended up leaving Bob and ended up with someone else. Probably drugs would have still factored in her life too, due to so many people doing drugs in celebrity circles.

I wonder if, had Michael not died, they would have stayed together and got married like they planned to or if they would have both had their heads turned by others, eventually?

Reactions: 8
I think she still would have ended up leaving Bob and ended up with someone else. Probably drugs would have still factored in her life too, due to so many people doing drugs in celebrity circles.

I wonder if, had Michael not died, they would have stayed together and got married like they planned to or if they would have both had their heads turned by others, eventually?
Michael had already moved on and was in another relationship when he died. I don't think, from watching the documentary that he would have stuck around. They were both so damaged I doubt it would have been happily ever after.

• Wow
Reactions: 15

Michael would probably have got bored of playing happy families after a year or so. Paula would have struggled with getting older and her flirting being ignored or laughed at.

I find it odd that she was breastfeeding Tiger whilst taking sedatives and antidepressants. I had PND quite severely and had to wean my baby onto a bottle before I could start Prozac. Maybe it’s different with private GP practices?

Reactions: 14
Michael had already moved on and was in another relationship when he died. I don't think, from watching the documentary that he would have stuck around. They were both so damaged I doubt it would have been happily ever after.
Who had he moved on with? I didn't know this!

Reactions: 2
I think Michael loved intensely but it always burned out - kylie, Helena, Paula. I think Paula was desperate to make it work as she’s so publicly left her saint bob husband. The whole saga is just sad all round isn’t it. No winners!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I can't remember ( or find out now on Google) but there was another wo.an he was seeing, and I thi know he rang her to come round before he died.
He phoned an ex girlfriend apparently. I can’t remember her name but it was no one I’d heard of

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone know where I could buy the book??
I got mine on Kindle at Amazon for £1.99 else it's £40 for the paperback!! I think, if you don't physically have a Kindle you can download the Kindle reader to your device? I'm probably wrong though 🤦‍♀️
If you own an ereader might be worth looking at Bookbub?

Reactions: 6
He phoned an ex girlfriend apparently. I can’t remember her name but it was no one I’d heard of
Michele Bennett- his first love.

I got mine on Kindle at Amazon for £1.99 else it's £40 for the paperback!! I think, if you don't physically have a Kindle you can download the Kindle reader to your device? I'm probably wrong though 🤦‍♀️
You can get that book for free with kindle unlimited. There's usually a free trial available.

Reactions: 10
You can download the kindle app on a phone or tablet I got the book on kindle unlimited just haven't had time to read it yet bit now the thread is miving again im going to try finish it assp
@Jerry Garcia I'm intrigued about rhat club I'd never heard of it or any around there just a few pubs

Reactions: 5
My mate worked at as a secretary back in the day and worked at the solicitors who acted for Paula in her divorce. Apparently Geldof was incredibly controlling. She also said when Paula used to come into the office she was a massive flirt and made many of the young articled clerks blush
I can believe this to be fair. She was known for flirting

Reactions: 3
You can download the kindle app on a phone or tablet I got the book on kindle unlimited just haven't had time to read it yet bit now the thread is miving again im going to try finish it assp
@Jerry Garcia I'm intrigued about rhat club I'd never heard of it or any around there just a few pubs
It's light years ago ma lovelie, probably well before your time. It was on Ely Place, and was the most wonderful hedonistic club, unusually for the time. It was predominantly gay but all were welcome, including straight females (me). It was constantly raided by the constabulary and when I say every taste was catered for, I mean it - Michael Hutchence would have been in his element!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.