Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely agree with you. Also, I know people are saying he was young, but young and completely clueless are not the same thing. He must have been shockingly naive to not suspect anything.
I mean he can’t have been THAT naive when it came to drugs. He mixed in those circles. I doubt he was exactly straight edge himself. I agree he was really stupid, even though hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions: 12
sadly, being a social worker doesn't inoculate your own family against the issues Peaches had. Sometimes health and social care professionals can have their heads in the sand when it comes to their own relatives and there's the added shame too. Also, I suspect they were very much the subservient family; the Geldofs are incredibly dominant. And as @LoopyLou47 says, money protects you against social services involvement.
I don't think it did her any good in the end. Her family hiding her addictions for the sake of image or shame, when having her children taken away from her could have shocked her into taking her rehab more seriously, but we never know.

Reactions: 9
I don't think it did her any good in the end. Her family hiding her addictions for the sake of image or shame, when having her children taken away from her could have shocked her into taking her rehab more seriously, but we never know.
Yes for whatever reasons, misguided good intentions, it sounds like she was enabled. Blind eyes turned and wanting to believe her assurances that she was fine and had it under control.
On the face of it she presented as this earth mother, frequently in Hello with Thomas talking about loving sofas and furniture and making jam etc.
I think I read they had money worries too. I can't imagine Thomas was bringing in much. No idea how they funded the Sevenoaks large house, plus Peaches' drugs. She did a few journo bits but was it mainly an allowance from Bob? Money from Paula?

Reactions: 15
I don't understand where the money comes from
Yes for whatever reasons, misguided good intentions, it sounds like she was enabled. Blind eyes turned and wanting to believe her assurances that she was fine and had it under control.
On the face of it she presented as this earth mother, frequently in Hello with Thomas talking about loving sofas and furniture and making jam etc.
I think I read they had money worries too. I can't imagine Thomas was bringing in much. No idea how they funded the Sevenoaks large house, plus Peaches' drugs. She did a few journo bits but was it mainly an allowance from Bob? Money from Paula?
I never understand where the money comes from for a lot the so called Primrose Hill set and their satellites. Like how do Pearl Lowe or Sadie Frost still make money when they were essentially groupies? Is it all smoke and mirrors? They must have spent a small fortune on drugs in their lifetime, plus nannies and private school to keep their kids out of care and then the huge houses in the country!

Reactions: 18

I never understand where the money comes from for a lot the so called Primrose Hill set and their satellites. Like how do Pearl Lowe or Sadie Frost still make money when they were essentially groupies? Is it all smoke and mirrors? They must have spent a small fortune on drugs in their lifetime, plus nannies and private school to keep their kids out of care and then the huge houses in the country!
I think the answer is the rich men they married.

Reactions: 21
Did Peaches use during her pregnancies? Were her babies born addicted?

I remember how extremely thin and waif-like she was while pregnant - a weight she'd never previously been able to attain prior to heroin.

Reactions: 12
I imagine Bob paid for the house, he's an extremely wealthy man. Tom's family seemed affluent as well although not sure they had megabucks. I think I read that Bob also gave Fifi money for an apartment.

Reactions: 10
Did Peaches use during her pregnancies? Were her babies born addicted?

I remember how extremely thin and waif-like she was while pregnant - a weight she'd never previously been able to attain prior to heroin.
She had been in a methadone programme for 2.5 years at the time of her death, according to the inquest.

So she would have been on methadone throughout both pregnancies with her boys, who were 11 and 23 months at the time of her death.

Someone mentioned in there previous thread that a baby born to a mother who has been using methadone is born addicted, and as such, has to stay in hospital while he/she withdraws from the drug. Seeing as both boys must have been born addicted, as Peaches was in a methadone programme that she commenced during the pregnancy of the eldest child, surely there must have been a multidisciplinary team supporting the family? They can't just have been discharged from hospital to fend for themselves?

Also, seeing as she started the methadone programme 6 months before Astala was born, that must mean that he was conceived while she was an active heroin user.

• Sad
Reactions: 25

Referring back to the book about Paula, I imagine their finances are smoke and mirrors - just as Paula’s were. On the outside, after her separation from Bob, Paula lived in large properties in expensive areas, travelled to Australia regularly and holidayed in luxury villas in Nice and so on, wore designer clothes, threw extravagant parties etc etc, but she was up to her eyeballs in debt, never financially secure and always robbing Peter to pay Paul. Bob had paid off a mortgage for her (which she apparently lied about) and Michael paid for a lot, when she had no other options.

I understand Tom brought pennies into the household and Peaches was solely responsible for their income, although Bob probably bought her the house and gave her an allowance. I’m sure Peaches and Tom would’ve been in a lot of debt to maintain their lifestyle.

On the conspiracy forum, I saw a picture of Tom in a luxury hotel suite celebrating New Year…I think it was with the Geldof girls, Daisy Lowe and one of the Guineas family. His parents are ordinary middle class social workers I think and he doesn’t work a normal job - I think he’s been in bands and had a vintage shop at one point - so his lifestyle is all from association with the more moneyed lot.

Bob sure seems to have made a lot of money off LiveAid. I reckon he’s a lot more dodgy than he seems.

Reactions: 15
I think the answer is the rich men they married.
But Sadie Frost is divorced from a man who can't seem to stop procreating as is Meg Matthews etc, and surely Pearl Lowe and Danny Goffey aren't living off their share of the royalties from some Supergrass songs from 30 years ago?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She had been in a methadone programme for 2.5 years at the time of her death, according to the inquest.

So she would have been on methadone throughout both pregnancies with her boys, who were 11 and 23 months at the time of her death.

Someone mentioned in there previous thread that a baby born to a mother who has been using methadone is born addicted, and as such, has to stay in hospital while he/she withdraws from the drug. Seeing as both boys must have been born addicted, as Peaches was in a methadone programme that she commenced during the pregnancy of the eldest child, surely there must have been a multidisciplinary team supporting the family? They can't just have been discharged from hospital to fend for themselves?

Also, seeing as she started the methadone programme 6 months before Astala was born, that must mean that he was conceived while she was an active heroin user.
Reading between the lines, it looks like she started her journey of quitting heroin when she found out she was pregnant.

There were reports of one of her babies being in intensive care for some time after the birth, I seem to recall.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
But Sadie Frost is divorced, as is Meg Matthews etc, and surely Pearl Lowe and Danny Goffey aren't living off their share of the royalties from some Supergrass songs from 30 years ago?
I bet Sadie and Meg get substantial alimony (assuming that’s a thing in U.K. law, I genuinely have no idea!).

I bet Danny Goffey gets a very tidy income from Supergrass royalties. There was a discussion last week in the Celeb Gossip thread about royalties and how much songwriters earn.

Reactions: 7

not necessarily- if she used private maternity services

But Sadie Frost is divorced from a man who can't seem to stop procreating as is Meg Matthews etc, and surely Pearl Lowe and Danny Goffey aren't living off their share of the royalties from some Supergrass songs from 30 years ago?
Pearl Lowe is broke

Reactions: 7
I bet Sadie and Meg get substantial alimony (assuming that’s a thing in U.K. law, I genuinely have no idea!).

I bet Danny Goffey gets a very tidy income from Supergrass royalties. There was a discussion last week in the Celeb Gossip thread about royalties and how much songwriters earn.
Oh I'll have a look. No idea why I care really, but they are quite fascinating!

Reactions: 4

Sadie's 1st husband was Gary Kemp, one of the richest musicians from the 80's.

Reactions: 11
Pearl Lowe is broke
Is she? I had no idea. (Why would I tbh 😂).
She seems to be going down the shabby chic interior design route. Just released a book called 'Shabby seaside interiors' or something like that. Lots of distressed furniture, old rugs, torn lace curtains and artfully arranged dried flowers. I kid you not.

Didn't Bob Geldof also make a lot of money from Planet 67 or whatever it was? The production company behind The Big Breakfast?

Reactions: 8
Sadie's 1st husband was Gary Kemp, one of the richest musicians from the 80's.
Yes theyd be rich from alimony. Also property will have escalated by millions in London.
Paula Yates' mews house sold for 700 k when she died. Worth millions now. Is where that gushy film with martine mcutcheon and hugh grant was filimed.

Reactions: 9
I think a lot of people who seem to lead very luxurious lives are doing it on credit. If ordinary mortals can walk round with 60K of credit card debt, then imagine how much you could get if you were related by birth or by marriage to someone worth a lot of money. I say ordinary mortals because I work with someone who has that much credit card debt on a band 2 HCSW wage. She doesn't own a home or a car but leads a very flashy lifestyle outside of work.

If Peaches and Tom had life assurance on their mortgage, then that would have kicked in when she died, because the verdict was misadventure as opposed to suicide., so the mortgage would have been paid off.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.