Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't know MH was surrounded by pictures of Paula when his body was found. I mean...it could be he felt unable to escape her, more so because of Tiger Lily.

Reactions: 2
I don't doubt he loved Paula.
But men like him were not commiters. Always scanning the room for the next bit of excitement.
I always imagine it was a case of how far was Paula prepared to put up with his wandering eye.

Reactions: 13
Yes that was clear from the Mystified doc- he loved Kylie but it was never going to go the distance. Paula wouldn't have been any different.

Reactions: 12
The only reason I'm dubious about that is the embroidery on the dress. Lots of little white and red flowers. Surely they would have been dyed as well when going through the dipping process?
I haven’t seen the dress but it depends on what the embroidery thread was made of. Polyester won’t take dye. I’m off to google the dress now…

ETA. No way she dyed that dress. What a bizarre claim.

I haven’t seen the dress but it depends on what the embroidery thread was made of. Polyester won’t take dye. I’m off to google the dress now…

No she didn’t actually wear the wedding dress, but she had threatened to (it was me who said that she had upthread, but I was mistaken). Probably just as well, seeing what she got married in first time round. I think it would have been too much to wear a wedding dress of whatever colour it was because it would have taken the focus off what people were there for.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12346442.yates-says-her-final-farewell/

• Heart
Reactions: 4
No she didn’t actually wear the wedding dress, but she had threatened to (it was me who said that she had upthread, but I was mistaken). Probably just as well, seeing what she got married in first time round. I think it would have been too much to wear a wedding dress of whatever colour it was because it would have taken the focus off what people were there for.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12346442.yates-says-her-final-farewell/

Yep I remember her threatening to dye the dress black for the wedding, then she didn't go through with it and I was rather surprised.

Reactions: 4

Perhaps it was just speculation by the press? I remember something being mentioned about it but his death was all over the tabloids and no doubt plenty of it was bullshit. Plus I’ve had 3 kids since then so my memory perhaps isn’t the best!

Reactions: 5
Perhaps it was just speculation by the press? I remember something being mentioned about it but his death was all over the tabloids and no doubt plenty of it was bullshit. Plus I’ve had 3 kids since then so my memory perhaps isn’t the best!
Oh god sorry no I meant bizarre for her to claim it not you!

Reactions: 6
Either the press at the time, or she had said that she was going to dye her wedding dress black for the funeral, I do remember this at the time but wasn't sure whether it was actually the dress she wore in the end. This was probably news to both Bob and Michaels families that they were actually engaged. Probably news to Michael if he had been alive too. I think a lot of the interviews she did post MH death about them getting married and having another baby were figments of her imagination. After reading the interview with her mother it's very clear where the truth->elaboration->fiction habit comes from.

Reactions: 15
Yep I remember her threatening to dye the dress black for the wedding, then she didn't go through with it and I was rather surprised.
What a bizarre attention seeking thing to threaten to do! No consideration at all for his family. I know she was grief stricken, but still. Have some self respect! I agree that I doubt he would have married her, or stayed married to her, or faithful to her, baby or not.

I must say i really struggle to understand Paula's state of mind. i do think michael hutchence was pretty damn hot in his heyday, but so are a lot of people... and yes he might have been great in bed but he'd been around the block umpteen times and a big dick isnt a be all and end all, especially when you have kids, and are an adult in your mid thirties! She comes across in all the interviews/pieces since she was with him, as completely obsessed to the point of delusion. was she just very insecure about her own attractiveness and completely un-self aware about how she sounded? She was a pretty intelligent woman, how could she have been so utterly blinded by lust? it seems like there really was very little else to their relationship other than great sex.

Reactions: 22
I must say i really struggle to understand Paula's state of mind. i do think michael hutchence was pretty damn hot in his heyday, but so are a lot of people... and yes he might have been great in bed but he'd been around the block umpteen times and a big dick isnt a be all and end all, especially when you have kids, and are an adult in your mid thirties! She comes across in all the interviews/pieces since she was with him, as completely obsessed to the point of delusion. was she just very insecure about her own attractiveness and completely un-self aware about how she sounded? She was a pretty intelligent woman, how could she have been so utterly blinded by lust? it seems like there really was very little else to their relationship other than great sex.
I really think she was just obsessed with, she couldn’t see beyond him.

Reactions: 22
I can't remember how she died. Was it an accidental overdose? Was there a suspicion of suicide? I can't imagine she would do that when she had Tiger Lily but you never know someone's state of mind. She didn't seem that bothered about the other girls once TL came along- saying her birth was the happiest day of her life etc.

Reactions: 9
I can't remember how she died. Was it an accidental overdose? Was there a suspicion of suicide? I can't imagine she would do that when she had Tiger Lily but you never know someone's state of mind. She didn't seem that bothered about the other girls once TL came along- saying her birth was the happiest day of her life etc.
I *think* she had been clean of drugs for a while. Moved to Hastings with Tiger and was trying to sort herself out. Then apparently was back in London for a bit. Took some heroine which her body could have coped with before, but in her 'clean' state the amount was too much and she accidentally overdosed.
Terribly sad really. Human frailty. I imagine Michael was incredibly seductive once the full beam of his attention was on you.

Reactions: 21
I *think* she had been clean of drugs for a while. Moved to Hastings with Tiger and was trying to sort herself out. Then apparently was back in London for a bit. Took some heroine which her body could have coped with before, but in her 'clean' state the amount was too much and she accidentally overdosed.
Terribly sad really. Human frailty. I imagine Michael was incredibly seductive once the full beam of his attention was on you.
It's similar to Amy Winehouse, they both overdid it after being clean for a time.

Yes I do think Paula was completely obsessed with MH but it backfired. Just hope all the children (now adults) are ok.

Reactions: 11
What a bizarre attention seeking thing to threaten to do! No consideration at all for his family. I know she was grief stricken, but still. Have some self respect! I agree that I doubt he would have married her, or stayed married to her, or faithful to her, baby or not.
Absolutely. He was the music version of Leonardo di Caprio, his relationships got to a point where he either got bored, or they wanted more commitment and he flitted away. Regardless of how intelligent, successful or beautiful they were he just was unable to stay the course with them. Possibly a lasting effect from his own parents break up and the fact that he would have had women throw themselves at him from the minute he stood behind a microphone.

Paula seemed to have a need for attention her whole life - to the detriment of her older girls, she was so obsessed with Michael and Tiger and her new family that the older girls would really have suffered, at the time Fifi in particular. She was at an age where she would have been able to read about her mothers sexual exploits with Michael in the tabloids. The younger girls would have been shielded somewhat by the nanny but it's obvious the chaos and acrimony of living in that environment moulded their adult lives, to the extent that Peaches imitated her mother in life and death. Perhaps the reason they lived separately in what may have been the nannys quarters was because they felt more secure their from a young age.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's similar to Amy Winehouse, they both overdid it after being clean for a time.

Yes I do think Paula was completely obsessed with MH but it backfired. Just hope all the children (now adults) are ok.
It's not really similar to Amy Winehouse tbf. Amy was off the drugs and none were found in her system. But she was drinking heavily and regularly and the last drinking binge was too much for her poor body to take 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Has anyone listened to Tiger's music? she released an EP under her name Heavenly called 'Tragic Tiger's Sad Meltdown', idk if it's 100% her but thought it was interesting she was pursuing music. sorry if this is already discussed!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone listened to Tiger's music? she released an EP under her name Heavenly called 'Tragic Tiger's Sad Meltdown', idk if it's 100% her but thought it was interesting she was pursuing music. sorry if this is already discussed!
I wondered what Tiger was up to. Thanks for sharing. I just found this quote from her about her music:

“I Made This Cassette In The Living Room Of Our House In Fremantle, A Seaside Town In Western Australia. I Had Always Been Shy To Sing With Others But Moving Across The World And My Ex-Boyfriend Nick Had Given Me Some Bravery. Something About Living Closer To Nature Meant I Felt Creative And Open Hearted. It Was As If The Wide Open Landscape Of Australia Had Finally Given My Heart Enough Space To Open Properly. The Recordings Are Actually Just Recordings Of Our Rehearsals, I Never Feel Set In How Song Is Meant To Be So They Usually Just Come Out Of Me In The Moment. My Friends Playing Along With Me Are Luckily All Very Empathic Players And We Found A Way To Play With One Another Without Any Structure Or Plan. It Was Really Moving To Create With So Much Freedom And Understanding. Most Of The Songs Are About My Sister Peaches Who I Lost As A Teenager So Singing Them Aloud Felt Very Potent But My Band Always Made Me Feel Held"

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I wondered what Tiger was up to. Thanks for sharing. I just found this quote from her about her music:

“I Made This Cassette In The Living Room Of Our House In Fremantle, A Seaside Town In Western Australia. I Had Always Been Shy To Sing With Others But Moving Across The World And My Ex-Boyfriend Nick Had Given Me Some Bravery. Something About Living Closer To Nature Meant I Felt Creative And Open Hearted. It Was As If The Wide Open Landscape Of Australia Had Finally Given My Heart Enough Space To Open Properly. The Recordings Are Actually Just Recordings Of Our Rehearsals, I Never Feel Set In How Song Is Meant To Be So They Usually Just Come Out Of Me In The Moment. My Friends Playing Along With Me Are Luckily All Very Empathic Players And We Found A Way To Play With One Another Without Any Structure Or Plan. It Was Really Moving To Create With So Much Freedom And Understanding. Most Of The Songs Are About My Sister Peaches Who I Lost As A Teenager So Singing Them Aloud Felt Very Potent But My Band Always Made Me Feel Held"
Man, why is every word capitalised like that?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.