Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always leaned towards it being a sex game gone wrong, just from what we know of Michael’s personality.
It would be helpful to know what kind if photos were surrounding him when he was found.
I wonder did Paula ever say?

Reactions: 5
It would be helpful to know what kind if photos were surrounding him when he was found.
I wonder did Paula ever say?
Interesting point. I think all the witnesses have said they were just photos of Paula (unlikely to be nudes as at the time as you had to get them processed, I would have thought).

I thought she’d talked about the photos in this interview but she didn’t but it’s interesting anyway. Bit of shade at Bob ‘it must be hard to be playing PUBS *hard stare at camera* when others are playing stadiums’. She says when Tiger was born it was the best day of both their lives (er, what about your 3 other kids?!) and they return to interview her after the coroners report is released and she looks out of it, possibly on booze or drugs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Interesting point. I think all the witnesses have said they were just photos of Paula (unlikely to be nudes as at the time as you had to get them processed, I would have thought).
The account I read (where the maid found him, after elbowing her way into the room) said they were photos of Paula, too. which makes Agar's claim that the relationship was on the rocks more unlikely.

Reactions: 7
My personal feeling is that it is unlikely that he actually intended to take his own life but as has been mentioned upthread just got carried away. The drugs in his system probably gave him a sense of invincibility at the time.

Reactions: 9
Michael's parents really fucked him and his brother up. But it's easier to point the finger at others than at oneself. His mother is a classic narc.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Never thought she was attractive, but she looked beautiful in the first part of that 60 minute programme, the last part she looked out of it.

I thought she’d talked about the photos in this interview but she didn’t but it’s interesting anyway. Bit of shade at Bob ‘it must be hard to be playing PUBS *hard stare at camera* when others are playing stadiums’. She says when Tiger was born it was the best day of both their lives (er, what about your 3 other kids?!) and they return to interview her after the coroners report is released and she looks out of it, possibly on booze or drugs.

The photos could have been Polaroids, though.

Reactions: 13
Video interesting, did she ever take responsibility for her own part in the break up with Bob though? She publicly humiliated him. She doesn’t seem to have any compassion for his situation as a father and how brining the girls to Australia would impact him. She said something in the video too about there is no other baby loved as much as Tiger - doesn’t seem to have had any awareness of her other daughters. It really is such a complex story, with all Michael’s issues including the brain injury it’s really hard to tell if it was suicide or what she described. From watching that interview though I feel her story was a deflection and that she used deflection a lot rather than face reality of situations. Just my opinion. I found it all shocking in real time but the documentary really hooked my interest when I saw it a few years ago. And of course the tragic end for Peaches.

Reactions: 12
It’s a fascinating story of grief and generational trauma that was never resolved and was just passed on, culminating in Peaches’ untimely death the same way her mother went in the end. I think that’s what draws people to it. There’s no doubting Paula, Michael, even Peaches were mesmerising, charismatic people. But they were so deeply damaged and their trauma played out for all the world to see - all Paula knew was chaos, she was born into it and recreated it again and again with the volatile relationships and addictions and numbing her pain with that chaos and denied her reality right until the end. It’s interesting in that clip how full blown her denial is about Michael’s suspected suicide, and she wouldn’t let her daughter believe that her father “left her”, and then that’s exactly what she would do to her daughter in the end. She never found the opportunity to grow and heal and face who she was.

And all of that happened while her own kids were so young and vulnerable - and we saw how that played out for Peaches. Grew up in chaos, abandoned by her mother, huge grief... addiction and then death.

For anyone that’s done their own work and healing through therapy, it’s such a case study in how important your childhood environment and relationships are. And how hard it is to escape that generational trauma and repeat the pattern of your parents and ancestors without a lot of help and hard work.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I got mine on Kindle at Amazon for £1.99 else it's £40 for the paperback!! I think, if you don't physically have a Kindle you can download the Kindle reader to your device? I'm probably wrong though 🤦‍♀️
If you own an ereader might be worth looking at Bookbub?
You can read Kindle content on a mobile phone, it works on my Samsung.

I think it’s pretty nasty of Michaels family to claim he was seeing other people and was apparently going to dump Paula.
What purpose did it serve other than to upset Tigerlily when she read it? They also aren’t painting their son in a great light by making out he was a cheat about to abandon his family.
I think it is because Paula was always leaking to the press that they were getting married and even having her daughters pack their bridesmaids’ dresses when he had made it clear that he had no intention of marrying her. She also used Tiger as a pawn - it must have been exhausting to deal with her.

Reactions: 17
Video interesting, did she ever take responsibility for her own part in the break up with Bob though? She publicly humiliated him. She doesn’t seem to have any compassion for his situation as a father and how brining the girls to Australia would impact him. She said something in the video too about there is no other baby loved as much as Tiger - doesn’t seem to have had any awareness of her other daughters. It really is such a complex story, with all Michael’s issues including the brain injury it’s really hard to tell if it was suicide or what she described. From watching that interview though I feel her story was a deflection and that she used deflection a lot rather than face reality of situations. Just my opinion. I found it all shocking in real time but the documentary really hooked my interest when I saw it a few years ago. And of course the tragic end for Peaches.
I don't think Paula was a nice person at all, seemed nasty and manipulative (yes I know she had a messed up youth but not an excuse). I'm not convinced Bob is a nice man either.

Reactions: 19
I have never been convinced by the sex game gone wrong theory. Given what a state he was in before he died, I think it was suicide and maybe quite an impulsive act: he was drunk, high, not in a good place mentally and let's not forget the brain injury. All these things combined could lead to a man at rock bottom deciding to hurt himself without necessarily thinking things through, hence the lack of note.

I've always felt the autoerotic asphyxiation thing was purely Paula. I don't think she made it up out of nowhere: I don't doubt Michael might have been into some kinkier stuff and perhaps liked his partner to choke him but apart from being naked (which others have explained isn't an indicator) nothing else seems to fit that. The photos of Paula thing seems to have only come from her so I think we can take it with a grain of salt. Bear in mind Michael called his ex girlfriend saying he needed to see her.

Also worth bearing in mind that the sex game gone wrong stuff completely contradicted the stuff Paula had said before, about Michael being in a real state, not wanting to live if he couldn't be with Tiger etc. Paula's earlier statements seem to be much more in line with what Michael's ex said about his state of mind when he called her. Then all of a sudden Paula flips it and now his death was a sex act gone wrong.

I think part of it is that Paula was not well herself at the time and behaving erratically: she clearly didn't think through the consequences of saying it so publicly. I remember Michael Hutchence jokes about it years later! However, I also don't think she could cope with the idea that Michael would willingly 'leave' her. Not to mention that he sought out the support of another woman in his final moments. Perhaps it was easier to cope with the idea that he died in a tragic accident, possibly doing something intimate they did together, than at his lowest and not wanting to be alive.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I always imagine that Michael wasn’t used to people saying no to him, like Bob. Who was totally right not to allow his girls to go over with Paula, she wasn’t responsible.

I don’t think there was going to be a wedding, it would have been a huge over the top affair, not Paula in some black frock. He wasn’t the marrying kind at all, happy to move on and overlap his girlfriends. Obviously had a messed up idea of commitment.

Reactions: 14
I always imagine that Michael wasn’t used to people saying no to him, like Bob. Who was totally right not to allow his girls to go over with Paula, she wasn’t responsible.

I don’t think there was going to be a wedding, it would have been a huge over the top affair, not Paula in some black frock. He wasn’t the marrying kind at all, happy to move on and overlap his girlfriends. Obviously had a messed up idea of commitment.
I seem to remember at the time that it was said that the dress was white but she dyed it black for the funeral

Reactions: 4
The only reason I'm dubious about that is the embroidery on the dress. Lots of little white and red flowers. Surely they would have been dyed as well when going through the dipping process?

Reactions: 8
If I remember right she talked about dyeing a wedding dress black and wearing it to the funeral - but didn't actually do that in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.