Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The nanny, Anita, was more of a mother to the girls than Paula ever was, and Bob seemed extremely detached from his daughters, particularly during their childhood and early teens.

I often wonder what would have happened if Michael had batted Paula's advances away? Would she have worked on her marriage to Bob? Probably not.

The poem by Phillip Larkin is so true for this family.

They duck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
They do urine tests where I live and people sell clean urine to help others pass their urine test.

Just watching a program with Paula after MH died, their baby was so gorgeous, Paula says in the interview that they were having fertility treatment for a year prior to having the baby .
It's all so sad
It is really interesting to learn how other areas work when it comes to addiction and recovery. Here they would never think about doing a urine test due to cost and because people can cheat them.
Just lately things have changed again, and instead of having to send away the mouth swabs, we do them and the worker has a little box thing he puts it in and it shows up straight away what substances they are using. Its much better than sending them away as by the time of your next appoitment the worker has forgotten about your last test. Now there is no getting away from it or bullshitting them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you for sharing - this is so interesting. I’ve never touched heroin but my partner smoked it a couple of times when he was a teenager - him and his friends nodded off pretty soon and left a pizza to cremate in the oven for hours! I understand that drugs affect people differently though and that tolerance can help you be high functioning on drugs that wipe the floor with more inexperienced users.

Sorry to be a bit obtuse but by ‘PG’ do you mean Paula Yates (as in Paula Geldof)? I didn’t realise her and Bob were co-parenting at that level at that stage. She looks so vacant in photos after Michael died that I can just imagine how she was when you saw her.
No I saw Peaches 3 months before she died. Was replying really to those who think her death was out of the blue or a conspiracy. She was visibly out of it when I saw her, her husband looked like he was trying to keep it all together. I remember wanting to say hi, as we were the same age but she was with her kids and looked like she was orbiting another planet.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
No I saw Peaches 3 months before she died. Was replying really to those who think her death was out of the blue or a conspiracy. She was visibly out of it when I saw her, her husband looked like he was trying to keep it all together. I remember wanting to say hi, as we were the same age but she was with her kids and looked like she was orbiting another planet.
This reminds me of the time I saw Amy Winehouse staggering around Camden Town, drunk and high in broad daylight, when she was at her worst with substances. So sad to see someone in a bad state.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
This reminds me of the time I saw Amy Winehouse staggering around Camden Town, drunk and high in broad daylight, when she was at her worst with substances. So sad to see someone in a bad state.
It is sad, you feel almost embarassed for them but at the same time feel sad that substances have got such a hold

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It is really interesting to learn how other areas work when it comes to addiction and recovery. Here they would never think about doing a urine test due to cost and because people can cheat them.
Just lately things have changed again, and instead of having to send away the mouth swabs, we do them and the worker has a little box thing he puts it in and it shows up straight away what substances they are using. Its much better than sending them away as by the time of your next appoitment the worker has forgotten about your last test. Now there is no getting away from it or bullshitting them.
That sounds brilliant, I never understood how they could have such weak testin facilities, I'm still gobsmacked that they use lie detector tests as part of probation and criminal investigation!

Reactions: 2
Amy only struggled with drugs very briefly according to that documentary recently. Her main problem was alcohol. Poor girl, another one let down by her family.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
The nanny, Anita, was more of a mother to the girls than Paula ever was, and Bob seemed extremely detached from his daughters, particularly during their childhood and early teens.

I often wonder what would have happened if Michael had batted Paula's advances away? Would she have worked on her marriage to Bob? Probably not.

The poem by Phillip Larkin is so true for this family.

They duck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.
What's the name of this poem?? It's lovely

Reactions: 5
I remember out English teacher read this to us in our first year of A Level and we were like "Damn, did she just use the f word in front of us"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
In Gerry’s book, she says that Michael was seeing somebody called Blair before he died, but I think ‘Blair’ was a pseudonym? Is Blair really Erin then? They seemed close.

This article suggests he was seeing a few people before he died: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...chael-Hutchence-dating-three-women-death.html
It’s weird because all these stories come from people who hated Paula. I think his family and close friends absolutely loathed her so normally I’d be wary about any stories like that. However, I think he had form for publicly dating women for about 3 years then moving onto the next, with a bit of a crossover in between. There’s a story out there from when he was seeing Kylie, where he asked a friend to keep Kylie and Helena apart as they were both attending the same event. And that’s without the numerous women he’ll have been shagging on the side.

It’s hard to know what to believe. Paula seemed to think they were engaged (she turned up to his funeral in what would have been the wedding dress, I think) yet his family deny that they were. Was he lining up Paula’s replacement before he died or was it just an affair or a friend? While I don’t think they would have stayed together long term, Tiger was Paula’s ace card and she would have clung on to Michael with every fibre of her being. If he thought it was tough while he was with her, I think she would have made his life hell if he’d left her (using their daughter against him etc).

I think it’s pretty nasty of Michaels family to claim he was seeing other people and was apparently going to dump Paula.
What purpose did it serve other than to upset Tigerlily when she read it? They also aren’t painting their son in a great light by making out he was a cheat about to abandon his family.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think it’s pretty nasty of Michaels family to claim he was seeing other people and was apparently going to dump Paula.
What purpose did it serve other than to upset Tigerlily when she read it? They also aren’t painting their son in a great light by making out he was a cheat about to abandon his family.
Yeah, I agree tbf, but I think it comes partly from grief and partly because they’re looking for someone to blame. They probably think he’d still be alive if he hadn’t met Paula. However chaotic his life was before, meeting her ramped it up 100%. Obviously, that’s a little simplified as he was a grown man who made the decisions he did. Paula was manipulative and lied a hell of a lot, but it’s too easy to look on Michael as a poor hapless man taken advantage of with no agency of his own.

It also might a bit of tit for tat after Paula started telling the press she believed that Michael died from a sex game gone wrong. But yeah, the only loser in these press stories is Tiger.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Do you think MH died from a sex game gone wrong or that he killed himself?

I lean toward the sex game as he was naked and surrounded by pictures - why strip down naked if you kill yourself knowing that this is how you will be found? I would also have thought that he would have left a suicide note, at least for his daughter.

Reactions: 3
Do you think MH died from a sex game gone wrong or that he killed himself?

I lean toward the sex game as he was naked and surrounded by pictures - why strip down naked if you kill yourself knowing that this is how you will be found? I would also have thought that he would have left a suicide note, at least for his daughter.
I’m inclined to agree but he was in such a state that night - very drunk and high, emotional, lonely, despairing - it’s possible it began as auto eroticism and then, in a split second, he became overwhelmed by it all and decided to apply more pressure and released himself from his problems forever…

Editing to add this is all entirely speculative.

He was said to hate being left alone at the end of an evening, especially if everybody else peels off in couples and he’s not got anybody to stay with him. This happened on the night of his death and I think he was searching for a release, some comfort, through drinking more and taking more drugs, calling up people who meant something to him, looking at photos, possibly playing a risky sex game…when he didn’t get the satisfaction or release he was chasing through all these acts, it might have been enough to push him into acting desperately, recklessly and/or impulsively.

Last edited:
  • Heart
The fact he was naked was explained to me by someone who said some people who die by suicide want to leave this world as they entered it, free from all clothing and encumbrances.

The two young men I know who ended their lives did so fully clothed and both leaving notes for their families.

I don’t think we’ll ever know with Michael whether he deliberately killed himself or if it was an accident. There are too many theories backing up both scenarios.

Reactions: 15
I’ve always leaned towards it being a sex game gone wrong, just from what we know of Michael’s personality.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.