Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did Fifi ever attempt a media career like Pixie and Peaches? I don't recall her doing so. Maybe she didn't enjoy the limelight?

Reactions: 2
Fifi works at Freuds (pr agency) - she’s the PA to the directors

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Pixie seems settled and happy. I followed her on IG for a bit and she seems a nice person. Funny, with a group of close friends.
Very private now especially with her child. Who can blame her tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder if Paula would have benefitted from befriending the the Primrose Hill set wives, rather than trying to shag their husbands?
I think they were all quite prolific drug users as well 😭 there's a thread on here somewhere about them
I was a teenage partyhead when they were in their celeb heyday and remember thinking how glamorous they all were, big houses, cool locations, bohemian and free...beautiful clothes and enviable jobs 🤣 hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think Sadie had some acting talent, but she gave it up to play second fiddle to Jude Law.

Pearl Lowe, otoh, is a talentless groupie. Her autobiography is another good un, btw. She’s an absolute horror.
I need a tattle celeb reading list!

I think it depends - I dated a heroin user who lied about being in recovery, and though I found him with needles and there were times it seemed like he was on something, he had a ready answer and I wanted to believe him. If I was 21/22, married and with two kids, maybe I'd want to suspend my disbelief even further.

And some people are just difficult to contact, he might have been used to her being somewhat volatile in terms of attention (that was my experience being in a relationship with someone using). It's definitely weird, but also being involved with users can shift your goalposts for what's considered 'normal'. I'm not coming down either way, but I also think it's explicable with a little imagination. TC strikes me as someone who's somewhat easily led, not sure why.
I have been in relationship with 'ex' addict and it was exactly like you describe, exhausting always looking for clues, finding them and then being told implausible lies and believing them because to disbelieve them would be cruel, unbelievable now but I was naive.
I also went out with an addict who never left any clues but who's behaviour was so erratic I thought they were in the throes of a mental health crisis so stuck around to the detriment of me and my kids to support and then one day found concrete evidence without even looking for it.

No surprise really that one of my parents is a lifelong addict.
I have had substance misuse issues myself on and off for many years but somehow a sense of survival prevailed and it's no longer an issue at all although there are times I wish desperately I could throw caution to the wind I know that there's too much at risk.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
It was, but it was more of a private members club at the time. This would've been late eighties. Was your DJ friend the great Alf by any chance? He more or less ran the place back then!
Ah ok I stand corrected then, I definitely wasn't there in the late 80's - I was still busy collecting 'fancy paper' and writing soap operas for my Barbies and Cindys at that point :) And no, my friend who I went to see DJ was one of the many earnest mid teens at that point who thought they just might be the next superstar DJ. Spoiler alert - he was not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
What do you think Bob's motivations were in taking in Tiger after Paula and Michael died?

Was it
A: a kind humanitarian gesture with no ulterior motive.
B: an act of self preservation to repair his damaged image and deflect from accusations of poor behaviour against M&P - after all, it wasn't much of a financial sacrifice to take Tiger and possibly there were nannies to help him and Jeanne.
C: a bit of A and B.
D: something else?

Reactions: 3
What do you think Bob's motivations were in taking in Tiger after Paula and Michael died?

Was it
B: an act of self preservation to repair his damaged image and deflect from accusations of poor behaviour against M&P - after all, it wasn't much of a financial sacrifice to take Tiger and possibly there were nannies to help him and Jeanne.
Maybe all those and wanting to keep the sisters together - they’d already gone through so much?

Reactions: 13

Was it
I’d like to think A. He said at the time this little girl had no mum and dad left, and just her half sisters, so he scooped her up and took her home.
Didn’t Michael’s parents try to get custody of her?

Reactions: 8
I think at the time he said he just wanted to keep Tiger and her sisters together as they were the only people that little girl had left

Reactions: 11
Just binged the Gerry agar book, thanks for the rec tattlers! it left me feeling incredibly down to be honest. What a devastating story all round, you wonder if Paula and Michael would have ended up alright and still with us if they’d never got together. Paulas marriage to Bob didn’t sound great but just everything went so downhill after she left. However the main thing that stood out to me was the impact on the kids, for years; they were traumatised, clearly, and peaches was of an age when she’d have been well aware of what was happening the whole time. I used to find her very annoying but now my heart just goes out to her, and the other girls, for what their parents put them through, mainly Paula. just awful.

Reactions: 23
Just binged the Gerry agar book, thanks for the rec tattlers! it left me feeling incredibly down to be honest. What a devastating story all round, you wonder if Paula and Michael would have ended up alright and still with us if they’d never got together. Paulas marriage to Bob didn’t sound great but just everything went so downhill after she left. However the main thing that stood out to me was the impact on the kids, for years; they were traumatised, clearly, and peaches was of an age when she’d have been well aware of what was happening the whole time. I used to find her very annoying but now my heart just goes out to her, and the other girls, for what their parents put them through, mainly Paula. just awful.
Yeah they must have had an awful time, I can't help wondering what effect it had on Fifi too as she was a teenager when all this was happening.

Reactions: 5
Maybe all those and wanting to keep the sisters together - they’d already gone through so much?
I agree, having been a parent in a blended family, you are effected by the relationship wiht the siblings and I honestly think he did what was right and kept them all together.

Reactions: 9
I agree, having been a parent in a blended family, you are effected by the relationship wiht the siblings and I honestly think he did what was right and kept them all together.
But he wasn’t around to parent them, that’s what they needed more than anything.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.