Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did Bob allow his teenage daughters who had experienced trauma to live in a granny flat and come and go as they pleased? Is Fifi Paulas biological child?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Why did Bob allow his teenage daughters who had experienced trauma to live in a granny flat and come and go as they pleased? Is Fifi Paulas biological child?
I'm sure she is, I remember her being pregnant with Fifi. There are old videos of her with Jules Holland on The Tube pregnant.

Reactions: 6
Did the nanny used to feature a lot on peaches Instagram? If it’s her I doubt she’d say much other than nice things.
no, they were there around 2007. Not anita

I'm sure she is, I remember her being pregnant with Fifi. There are old videos of her with Jules Holland on The Tube pregnant.
with her new hair Fifi looks just like Paula, hard to see how she’s not her daughter

Reactions: 8
I’d ask how the hell Bob Geldof got custody of a child completely unrelated to him, born to a man he publicly despised, when her paternal blood family in Australia were desperate for her to be with them.
Friends in extremely high places.
Officially I think it was more because she grew up with her sisters and would have been separated from them, rather than being with people she didnt really know in Australia.

Yes quite. By all accounts, none of them, Paula included did much parenting. They left it to the nanny and completely abdicated responsibility for them by providing them with a free flat and cash and thats it.

• Sad
Officially I think it was more because she grew up with her sisters and would have been separated from them, rather than being with people she didnt really know in Australia.

Yes quite. By all accounts, none of them, Paula included did much parenting. They left it to the nanny and completely abdicated responsibility for them by providing them with a free flat and cash and thats it.
I know, but social services always try and place a child with biological grandparents wherever possible.
With regard to the attachment angle it seems a reach that it worked, I mean Tiger Lily didn’t live full time with her half sisters due to joint custody, and she was only 16 months old when Paula died.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
So sad isn’t it? No wonder peaches life was so tragic 😔. However Pixie seems to be doing well. Not sure if she’s had her baby yet? But she’s happily married.

I remember the Bob/Paula/Michael thing quite well and I crossed paths with Paula a couple of times because of work. Bob and Paula were a huge power couple off the back of Live Aid. She was already a high profile journalist/presenter and after they had Fifi they were everywhere, being presented as cool parents. You couldn’t open a paper or mag without seeing them. She was quite nasty about Fifi not being a delicate little thing, and said she was like “Bob in a frock”. When she was with Bob she used to claim that she didn’t drink or smoke.

She was a merciless flirt with both men and women. It was always just laughed off as her just being Paula, but she had affairs, not sure if Bob did. It was just rumours for years though. After she got together with Michael the media turned on her for leaving ‘Saint Bob’ and the flirting didn’t work so well. There’s an episode of HIGNFY where Hislop and Merton take her apart, you can see the shock on her face that her usual bag of tricks isn’t working on them. It was suggested before her death that she started taking drugs and drinking heavily with/after Michael. I don’t know if that’s true though, she may have been using on the quiet for years.

Reactions: 16
I remember the Bob/Paula/Michael thing quite well and I crossed paths with Paula a couple of times because of work. Bob and Paula were a huge power couple off the back of Live Aid. She was already a high profile journalist/presenter and after they had Fifi they were everywhere, being presented as cool parents. You couldn’t open a paper or mag without seeing them. She was quite nasty about Fifi not being a delicate little thing, and said she was like “Bob in a frock”. When she was with Bob she used to claim that she didn’t drink or smoke.

She was a merciless flirt with both men and women. It was always just laughed off as her just being Paula, but she had affairs, not sure if Bob did. It was just rumours for years though. After she got together with Michael the media turned on her for leaving ‘Saint Bob’ and the flirting didn’t work so well. There’s an episode of HIGNFY where Hislop and Merton take her apart, you can see the shock on her face that her usual bag of tricks isn’t working on them. It was suggested before her death that she started taking drugs and drinking heavily with/after Michael. I don’t know if that’s true though, she may have been using on the quiet for years.
I feel very sorry for her children being brought up in that environment. She was a relentless flirt and on national television. Yet she tried to present herself as some kind of earth mother with her bucket and spade living down in Hastings. Maybe a lot of it can be blamed in her upbringing which seemed to be questionable on most accounts.

Reactions: 16

Paula always gave the impression that she was a very hands on mum, it just didn't come over as genuine somehow.

Reactions: 13
So sad isn’t it? No wonder peaches life was so tragic 😔. However Pixie seems to be doing well. Not sure if she’s had her baby yet? But she’s happily married.
I live near Pixie and see her often-- yes, she's had her baby. She looks radiantly beautiful and healthy in person. It seems like she's doing really well. She must miss Peaches a lot now that she has her own baby, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I know, but social services always try and place a child with biological grandparents wherever possible.
With regard to the attachment angle it seems a reach that it worked, I mean Tiger Lily didn’t live full time with her half sisters due to joint custody, and she was only 16 months old when Paula died.
I’m guessing because it was British courts who awarded custody, the fact she was a British citizen, didn’t know Australia or her fathers parents well, as said the factors of Bob had the money to fight it and the fact she remain with her biological half sisters and they rather keep them together and Her paternal grandparents was divorced and probably didn’t have the funds to fight any custody battle Geldolf might of brought.

I mean however dubious Bob’s parenting might be it does seem Tiger has/had a good relationship with him and he did right by her.

Reactions: 12
I can remember decades ago, Paula Yates advertising alcohol free wine because she was allegedly teetotal. Looking back though, was she a drinker all along? Paula would have left Bob for someone more exciting eventually, even if she hadn't met Michael. I also wonder of Michael wanted to have a baby and three stepkids, or just a fling with a pretty young thing? I'm not convinced he didn't take his own life. That he died as part of some solo sex game was preferable to saying he died by suicide, I guess.

I feel very sorry for her children being brought up in that environment. She was a relentless flirt and on national television. Yet she tried to present herself as some kind of earth mother with her bucket and spade living down in Hastings. Maybe a lot of it can be blamed in her upbringing which seemed to be questionable on most accounts.
I know she allegedly slept with Terence Trent D'Arby and Ben from Curiosity Killed The Cat.

Reactions: 7
The courts obviously decided to place the baby with her siblings rather than grandparents when both parents had died. This is not unusual.

Reactions: 5
I can remember decades ago, Paula Yates advertising alcohol free wine because she was allegedly teetotal. Looking back though, was she a drinker all along? Paula would have left Bob for someone more exciting eventually, even if she hadn't met Michael. I also wonder of Michael wanted to have a baby and three stepkids, or just a fling with a pretty young thing? I'm not convinced he didn't take his own life. That he died as part of some solo sex game was preferable to saying he died by suicide, I guess.
I've never believed that Paula was all pure and teetotal and then suddenly started doing heroin as soon as she met Michael. Don't think so!

I think the head injury Michael sustained goes a long way to explaining his downward spiral and eventual suicide. Many of those who knew him said he was never the same again after he sustained that injury.

Reactions: 15
I've never believed that Paula was all pure and teetotal and then suddenly started doing heroin as soon as she met Michael. Don't think so!

I think the head injury Michael sustained goes a long way to explaining his downward spiral and eventual suicide. Many of those who knew him said he was never the same again after he sustained that injury.
I think her friends used words to try and blindside people on the drink and drugs thing. They kept saying she couldn't have been a drug addict because she was teetotal. Well, surely you can not drink yet still do heroin. I seem to remember Pearl Lowe in her autobiography saying the same thing- she didnt like the taste of alcohol so she was teetotal, but heroin was just her 'thing'. I don't believe she suddenly went from teetotal to heroin addict as soon as she met Michael either. Both Paula and Peaches tried to do the earth mother thing. I feel sad for both of them on that count, because it looked like they were trying to convince themselves they were good parents even when they were in the grips of addiction, maybe thinking if they said it often enough and to enough people, it would be true. They were fooling themselves rather than trying to fool the public ( who it doesn't affect in any way really, its just irritating, as all mummy bloggers are)

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.